Removing Yankee Candle labels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
This is my first foray into The Drop. Wish me luck!

Does anyone have any advice on removing Yankee jar labels once the candle is finished? In particular, I'm talking about the housewarmer jars, as opposed to the straight-up-and-down Decor pillars where the labels are apparently easy-peel. I have been leaving labels on while burning the candle and I guess, during use, the hot wax and glass "cooks" the adhesive onto the jar. One label I've tried to remove has come off but left a thick gummy residue on the glass, which is bad enough to remove, but in another case the clear film has come off but it has sort of separated and left like a second layer of label, the coloured picture bit, stuck fast to the jar. Nail varnish remover and white spirits might remove the glue if that's all that remains, but that printed layer of label just won't budge.

Anyone got any experience or tips?

If careful peeling off has not worked I swear by Lakeland's Sticky Stuff Remover: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/brands/sticky-stuff-remover. Works on all sorts of surfaces (a fact I can personally vouch for, as I've removed taped grids on whiteboards, sticking plaster residue on socks, on me, and all sorts of labels attached to mirrors, glass and metal).

And another great recommendation. I've never heard of anything like this but I do love a good shop with Lakeland so I'm going to look this one up. The things you mention it has worked on fill me with optimism for the jar with part of the label still attached.

Latest posts

Back