Another absolute bargain for Christmas...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tarketta

Registered Shopper
I always check the company's actual prices just to see and Q is selling 8 of these masks for £39 plus £4 p&p

http://www.qvcuk.com/Nugg-8-Piece-U...ct.229177.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-229177

You can get them from BeautyBay for £13 for 4 with free delivery - that's a c. 65% markup incl p&p!!!! Where does Q get its prices from, is it a collective decision by them and their suppliers to fleece their customers, some of whom obviously don't look anywhere else for better prices????

I always check the company's actual prices just to see and Q is selling 8 of these masks for £39 plus £4 p&p

http://www.qvcuk.com/Nugg-8-Piece-U...ct.229177.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-229177

You can get them from BeautyBay for £13 for 4 with free delivery - that's a c. 65% markup incl p&p!!!! Where does Q get its prices from, is it a collective decision by them and their suppliers to fleece their customers, some of whom obviously don't look anywhere else for better prices????
This needs to be posted on the Q Facebook page, mind you, it won't last long.

That's what stopped me shopping with them and closing my account years ago, apart from the usual mess, the last four out of five items they sent me were visible returns mixed with everything I checked (Google is amazing) was miles cheaper elsewhere, so I thought enoughs enough. It was then the free phone number didn't seem so free, well, because it wasn't.

The biggest shock I ever got was about four years ago, QVC had a Kipling bag on air for £62.62 plus £4.95 when I checked on Amazon, it was £28 with free p&p. Buying power eh? :mysmilie_17:

This needs to be posted on the Q Facebook page, mind you, it won't last long.

Funnily enough I posted something along these lines, but without mentioning any other retailer and what a surprise, not there anymore and mysteriously, no record of it in my FB Activity Log, humph!!!!

Funnily enough I posted something along these lines, but without mentioning any other retailer and what a surprise, not there anymore and mysteriously, no record of it in my FB Activity Log, humph!!!!
Because it's QVCs page that's what happens, unless you are posting something positive then it will deleted. I've posted something on Twitter. My page, still there and unless they block me then nothing they can do. Goes to show how dishonest they are and don't give a toss bought the customer, only interested in profit.

Last edited:
I think its the easy pays which attracts a lot of people. Much like the days of Kays, Grattan, Littlewoods, catalogues, the prices were always higher but the weekly or monthly payments persuaded people to buy. QVC is very much the same. You can see endless people moaning on Q`s facebook page when something isn`t on EP and commenting how they can`t afford it all in one go or how life as we know it is ruined because they really really wanted something but no Ep`s meant they couldn`t buy it. Sorry but where I come from if you can`t afford it then you don`t buy it, end of and there`s nothing QVC sells which is a matter of life or death and which won`t be repeated in a similar format just a few weeks or months down the line.
Don`t get me wrong, I`m not anti credit for something which is important such as to a broken cooker or washing machine etc but to bemoan the fact a load of lotions, potions, eye shadows, foundations, baggy tops and frocks and so on and so on aren`t on EP, is hardly the end of the World is it ?

Vienna it does see to be a big moan on FB. I'm lucky to be in a position not to need these and in fact found it a pain when there were times you couldn't opt out, but do agree that if you need to budget perhaps an overpriced shower gel shouldn't be your first priority. Plus it appears that folk then follow the Del Boy mantra of buying 3 things on EP because it is the same as only buying one!!!

QVC probably do have 'buying power' but they don't seem to pass it on to the customer. No compulsion to do so of course, they're a business, but wish they wouldn't lie to us that they do.

Latest posts

Back