MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 17/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Heard Lesley say it is a copy of a designer item Marla saw made in the same fabric which costs over £1000 :mysmilie_15:

Heard Lesley say it is a copy of a designer item Marla saw made in the same fabric which costs over £1000 :mysmilie_15:

who is she trying to fool...notice since the last tsv marla has not returned shame as she is a great guest

I think Marla has some good looking clothes but this looks to me more of a Carol Hochman house robe.

the mixed stitch drama cardigan 162 513 looks like a giant dish cloth and i find some of her colours a bit insipid barring the black

If you watch the tsv video very carefully you`ll see the left side of the coatigan is higher up than the right side on every model, the guest and on DF too.

Oh it is!! I also think the neck line looks skewiff on a lot of the models so I suspect it's the neckline that's the reall issue. Also now you've encouraged me to watch, Lesley Ebbetts is pulling it forwards to make it sit right a lot of the time. Almost like it's not big enough around the boobs.

I hate those fasteners, so I would choose to blame them, but I think they're part of the problem. They make the right side of the collar stand up and the left side flops down.

And I caught a bit of the "do's and don'ts" list - don't put it on a hanger, store it flat or it will sag, etc. etc.. Too much like hard work for me - and you are right, there are plenty of very similar styles in catalogues, internet and on the dreaded High Street. And cheaper.
Much as I like Marla Wynnse ,when I see hand wash ,cold ,its a no from me. I'd rather send something to the dry cleaners than mess about with it.

Her garments do seem to be overpriced lately too. there are many of these coat /cardigans out there at very competitive prices.

Only seeing the launch now - what does Del Boy look like? This is a caricoat which requires a streamlined outfit under it not a balloon bottom dress. She looks like a bag lady a total put off even if interested.

I agree with all the above posts about the hang of it. I somehow think this one is going to join the dozens of the last TSV being flogged on ebay.

Unless you're stick thin, then this will make you long much bigger. As we age the shoulders, top of the arms and boob area 'thicken' , so any knitteds tend to exaggerate the body flaws, and if you look at your backside in this, I bet most will look like a galleon in full sale. No, not for me. Re the fastenings, I agree with the above comments, it would have been much better to have had 2 overlarge buttons at the top and perhaps one on each cuff to be a bit more stylish.

Lesley wore the TSV well on the launch - that light sand and white shirt is a classy, elegant look. Shame the QVC presenter looked neither... :mysmilie_11:

It's a shame no Marla, but I think when they did last year's final set of shows with Marla it was Lesley who stepped in then too.

I find it extremely sad and disappointing that when QVC finally got to the TSV stage with Marla (why did it take so blooming long, when some brands are in the door with a first appearance being a TSV???) they hiked the prices and cheapened the range with the designs and fabrics used. At one point I would have bought designs from Marla, but the prices are too much, and the TSVs seem to be designed to a price point and for me they will be an "avoid at all costs" item.

Whenever I`ve seen this on air, one person has always come into my mind, Hillary Clinton !
It reminds me so much of the jackets she wore during her campaign.

Lesley wore the TSV well on the launch - that light sand and white shirt is a classy, elegant look. Shame the QVC presenter looked neither... :mysmilie_11:

It's a shame no Marla, but I think when they did last year's final set of shows with Marla it was Lesley who stepped in then too.

I find it extremely sad and disappointing that when QVC finally got to the TSV stage with Marla (why did it take so blooming long, when some brands are in the door with a first appearance being a TSV???) they hiked the prices and cheapened the range with the designs and fabrics used. At one point I would have bought designs from Marla, but the prices are too much, and the TSVs seem to be designed to a price point and for me they will be an "avoid at all costs" item.

Think the first TSV the balloon type dress was a big hit .Although I didnt buy it ,many did and it was very popular.

It went downhill badly after the last dress TSV which got appalling reviews and I don't think I've seen Marla appear since. Shame she compromised on quality .Q always seem to manage to destroy a good thing.

Yes, I bought the balloon dress which gets a lot of wear, and I ordered the second tsv dress but sent it back the same day. It was heavy, badly needed a good iron which wouldn't have been easy due to the design, and the sleeves did'nt increase in size like the dress. Awful.

Marla has lost her way a bit, its clothing to cover the flaws BUT makes you look huge at the same time.

On one airing, Sally came out wearing navy trousers (or jeans, can't remember which), Marla's white shirt, Marla's Paisley scarf (worn long), and topped with the jacket in 'Pearl Heather' or 'Seagrass'. (I really must get my eyes tested.) She looked fabulous. I think the term is, 'effortles chic'. Whatever the term is, Sally had it in spades.

DBF, on the other hand, looked, as previously mentioned, like a bag lady.

Latest posts

Back