Christmas Beauty Advent Calenders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OH has bought it for me I am just waiting for it to come X

Same I have the Liberty one. Very excited for Dec 1st:mysmilie_14:

I purchased the m&s one for my daughter. She just moved out this year into her first home so as I'll no longer be doing a stocking for her, I got her the calendar. Thought she will have a little stocking present throughout December. I had it last year & was really pleased with it. Although I'm pretty sure it was £25 if you spent £25 then. I was also surprised about how much stock is still left in my local m&s. Literally tons of them everywhere. Wherever there was a shelf they had them stacked.

A No7 advent calendar was just delivered - I won it in a competition!!

:mysmilie_8:

Looking forward to opening Yankee (bought cheap last January), Decleor and now No7!!

Of course I daresay DD's will assist in looking after the contents.

:grin:

I purchased the m&s one for my daughter. She just moved out this year into her first home so as I'll no longer be doing a stocking for her, I got her the calendar. Thought she will have a little stocking present throughout December. I had it last year & was really pleased with it. Although I'm pretty sure it was £25 if you spent £25 then. I was also surprised about how much stock is still left in my local m&s. Literally tons of them everywhere. Wherever there was a shelf they had them stacked.

hopefuuly they will flog them off cheap its the 1st december tommorow

Anyone near a Boundary Mills may find last year's YC Advent Calendar. They were awash at the one I went to near Newcastle upon Tyne yesterday (also the little houses, and the carousel thingy).

Anyone near a Boundary Mills may find last year's YC Advent Calendar. They were awash at the one I went to near Newcastle upon Tyne yesterday (also the little houses, and the carousel thingy).
I have the carousel thingy from last year. Still smells strong. I bought it in the January sale

I'm sure your daughter will love it. Is she coming to you for Christmas dinner? That's several of us now that have been to stores where they're stacked out with them, you'd think they might have cut their losses and reacted by now?? Maybe they're waiting until advent starts so that they can legitimately reduce them, without risking incurring the wrath of customers that paid full price. The fact that the ones online sold out so quickly suggests to me that it was specifically beauty customers, rather than general M&S customers, that bought them. Plus, the member of staff I spoke to who was trying to sell them said that a lot of their customers had said that they don't use the brands featured in the calendar. As a beauty lover, I don't know how M&S could have made it much more attractive. It's a nice design, great contents, and (if you spent the £35 on beauty) you'd be getting £285 worth of products for £70. The only reason I didn't go for it was because I'd already pre-ordered my Look Fantastic one. As I said in my previous post, though, there was a lot more competition this year, and they did release them quite late. Can't wait to start opening mine, I've never had a beauty one before! :mysmilie_14:

I have the carousel thingy from last year. Still smells strong. I bought it in the January sale

Yes, I got that for my Mum in Clinton's in Bluewater this year. Was pleased to find it, as much preferred last year's festive fragrances, and knew it would still be fine, as candles last well and it was shrink-wrapped. Bought an advent calendar for a friend from Boots, too, which also had last year's fragrances (although that one was the 2016 calendar). :mysmilie_59:

Minxinspace I agree that some M&S customers may have been put off by the beauty box due to the brands in it. If you're into beauty, read blogs or buy beauty products online then the brands are known to you and you realise it's a great bargain, but there are brands in there that won't be familiar to the average shopper.

There were huge piles of Advent calendars not long ago in M&S & no one seemed to be buying. I was in yesterday and had a look around thinking they might be reduced and they had all disappeared. Do you think they'd sold them all or have they been shipped off to the Outlet stores or a charity or something? Can't believe they sold them all, as there were mountainous stacks everywhere.

There were huge piles of Advent calendars not long ago in M&S & no one seemed to be buying. I was in yesterday and had a look around thinking they might be reduced and they had all disappeared. Do you think they'd sold them all or have they been shipped off to the Outlet stores or a charity or something? Can't believe they sold them all, as there were mountainous stacks everywhere.
I was in M&S beauty department today and I asked if they had sold out as I had hoped to find one reduced. Was told they had sold out. I consoled myself with the mulled wine ,baileys, kir roal and port samples they had instead (I was on foot)

I was in M&S beauty department today and I asked if they had sold out as I had hoped to find one reduced. Was told they had sold out. I consoled myself with the mulled wine ,baileys, kir roal and port samples they had instead (I was on foot)

Not your electric bike?

A No7 advent calendar was just delivered - I won it in a competition!!

:mysmilie_8:

Looking forward to opening Yankee (bought cheap last January), Decleor and now No7!!

Of course I daresay DD's will assist in looking after the contents.

:grin:

Sally, why not join in on the advent reveal thread?
It would be interesting to know what you get in it.
Hope you join in

Latest posts

Back