The Real Pie Company TSV 18/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Before I was diagnosed coeliac earlier this year (sob) I used to love a Pukka pie - £1, perfect for one person and stuffed full of tasty filling!

Course they're not hand-fashioned by artisans or whatever bow-locks Q spouts to get folks buying inferior products for 3 times the price...

How long will the QVC faithful have to wait for their lies? sorry pies! They can't honestly believe they'll get the same quality delivered "crammed to the crust" that they cut open on air surely, after all, according to Brett Wannabe, there's only a hand full of people making thousands and thousands of pies, good grief can you imagine the repetitive strain injury that'll be going on in that (not so real) Pie Company's kitchen. :mysmilie_17:

How long will the QVC faithful have to wait for their lies? sorry pies! They can't honestly believe they'll get the same quality delivered "crammed to the crust" that they cut open on air surely, after all, according to Brett Wannabe, there's only a hand full of people making thousands and thousands of pies, good grief can you imagine the repetitive strain injury that'll be going on in that (not so real) Pie Company's kitchen. :mysmilie_17:
The Q presenters should be getting repetative gob injury with the amount of guff the continually spout over these less than average pies.

I've been amusing myself this afternoon watching one of the guests cutting through a large pork pie - perhaps an electric saw might have been more useful, as it looked like a real struggle to me. And how they have the cheek to say that the giant mince pies "were so popular last year", when they caused chaos to so many people by failing to deliver their items in time for Christmas, I do not know. Should they even be mentioning "last year"? Just shows you how brazen these people are. The meat in the pork pie looked grey to me - most unappetising.

The Q presenters should be getting repetative gob injury with the amount of guff the continually spout over these less than average pies.

I really don't think the pies look anything special. The one they were cutting the other night(some kind of beef and cheese in a pasty) frankly looked sloppy and shiny.Brett is kind of odd.

My son had just come in from school when they started cutting into what looked like a raw pastry sausage roll and the first thing he said (not even a hello) was you don't get that with Greggs. He loves Greggs sausage rolls and I always have to get him one when in town.

I just don't think any of the pies look appetising and the fruit crumbles looked an utter sloppy goopy mess.

My son had just come in from school when they started cutting into what looked like a raw pastry sausage roll and the first thing he said (not even a hello) was you don't get that with Greggs. He loves Greggs sausage rolls and I always have to get him one when in town.

I just don't think any of the pies look appetising and the fruit crumbles looked an utter sloppy goopy mess.

I agree with your son, Greggs are yummy and yes, even on offer from Iceland a pack of two for a pound they're "crammed to the crust"

TBH most of the food demos on Q turn my stomach - even if it's things I normally like! Just the sheer volume of sickly chocolates, or meat, all the 'oohing', the studio lights making everything look greasy/undercooked/yucky, and the pretence that it's all 'the best'.

I don't like pies at all - too much pastry - so would never buy these, in fact I would never buy any food from QVC.

I thought the large pork pie looked vile - the meat was a funny grey colour. I've never seen anything in the food line on Q that actually looked like it was cooked properly or, in the case of chocs and cake, looked really appetising. And the prices are just ridiculous for what they are - you can save a fortune buying almost exactly the same thing in a supermarket, and you get to see what you are going to get, rather than just seeing a demo one for the TV. I always thought Betty's at Harrogate were expensive for Christmas food - until I saw Q.

TBH most of the food demos on Q turn my stomach - even if it's things I normally like! Just the sheer volume of sickly chocolates, or meat, all the 'oohing', the studio lights making everything look greasy/undercooked/yucky, and the pretence that it's all 'the best'.

I don't like pies at all - too much pastry - so would never buy these, in fact I would never buy any food from QVC.

I thought the large pork pie looked vile - the meat was a funny grey colour. I've never seen anything in the food line on Q that actually looked like it was cooked properly or, in the case of chocs and cake, looked really appetising. And the prices are just ridiculous for what they are - you can save a fortune buying almost exactly the same thing in a supermarket, and you get to see what you are going to get, rather than just seeing a demo one for the TV. I always thought Betty's at Harrogate were expensive for Christmas food - until I saw Q.

There is a store called Lewis and Cooper not far from me in Northallerton. I get all my Christmas stuff from then and they are excellent.

I agree, should be renamed the "Real Salmonella Company"

Latest posts

Back