L'Occitane TSV 27/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I lurk as I use a tablet that doesn't automatically log me in and I've had so many issues with my password on this site most times I don't bother to log in. I never said QVC are prefect, far from it, I rarely buy from them now and if I do it's only TSVs. Like most people I got fed up with paying postage for items I returned so now I am far more selective in what I buy which has eliminated my returns.

I just find the amount of negativity on this forum to be generally very high, so high that I find it bizarre that people would spend so much time slagging off a retailer, goods, and presenters of a website they watch.

Personally the only hours I watch are Kipling, more to work out what not to buy, than to buy, and I always hunt for the cheapest seller, which is never QVC. Although I did get a lovely Syro bag in clearance earlier this year :)

People can only "slag" them off if there's something worth slagging off, people don't make up QVCs abysmal service, it's there and it happens. There's QVCs FB for the denial.

For some reason it looks like the comment in the box was made by me, it wasn't, see post #140

its only how Q price the scented ones in the 150ml & nothing to do with the 30ml as Q dont really sell them

You're missing my point. If a manufacturer - any manufacturer - makes a double size of any product, the bigger size is never twice the price. You always save money per gram or per ml by buying more.

If QVC said "if you were to buy the equivalent amount of this hand cream direct from L'Occitane you'd need to buy two 75ml tubes and that would cost you £28," that's fine. And in fairness, some presenters do.

My objection is that QVC only seem to price these 150ml hand creams at £28 so they can then offer them at a "stunning reduction" in kits, TSVs and OTOs and that, I believe, is a little disingenuous.

the fragrance ones are usually £14 for 75ml & so a fragranced one of 150ml is worth £28 as its 2 x 75ml & so 2 x £14 = £28

Except if you follow that logic, and take as an example the 30ml of the regular shea butter hand cream at £8, it's like saying the 150ml tube, at five times the size, is £40 worth of value. Which it isn't.

its only how Q price the scented ones in the 150ml & nothing to do with the 30ml as Q dont really sell them

You're missing my point. If a manufacturer - any manufacturer - makes a double size of any product, the bigger size is never twice the price. You always save money per gram or per ml by buying more.

If QVC said "if you were to buy the equivalent amount of this hand cream direct from L'Occitane you'd need to buy two 75ml tubes and that would cost you £28," that's fine. And in fairness, some presenters do.

My objection is that QVC only seem to price these 150ml hand creams at £28 so they can then offer them at a "stunning reduction" in kits, TSVs and OTOs and that, I believe, is a little disingenuous.

When L'Occitane started doing the fragranced 150ml shea hand creams I disagreed with their logic of pricing, it is wrong!!! Shea 150ml is £19.00 and I would not pay any more than that for a fragranced one.

Latest posts

Back