Vionic Footwear TSV 21/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks, but I've already got some Vionic slippers.
Hopefully there will be some OTO's
Vionic are really helping my plantar fasciitis, brought on by a fall. I have extremely wide feet, so I go up 3 sizes and the width is fine - looking for a OTO boot ��

Vionic Orthotic Cozy Ida Moccasin Slipper with FMT Technology
Item Number: 159806
QVC Price £55.00
Todays Special Value Price £38.96
P&P £4.95

A cosy moccasin-style pair of slippers with a soft faux-fur lining, which combine pretty design including the classic bow detail at the front, with the orthotic features and benefits of the Vionic range. Enjoy your relaxing time safe in the knowledge that these Ida slippers are helping to align your feet to their natural position while keeping your toes toasty.

Spoiled for choice - with three solid colours - Black, Grey and Chestnut - and two classic check prints - Pink with Grey and Black with Grey - to choose from, you're sure to find an option that perfectly co-ordinates with your favourite dressing gown.

A name you can trust - this footwear features a podiatrist-designed, biomechanical orthotic footbed with FMT (Foot Motion Technology) and a deep heel cup, which helps to stabilise, support, and realign feet back to their natural position while being worn. Recommended by the well-known M.D Dr Andrew Weil.

Colour options:

Black
Grey
Pink/Grey
Black/Grey
Chestnut

American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) Seal of Acceptance
Deep heel cup
Padded lining
Faux suede finish
Lightweight, flexible EVA midsole absorbs shock, helping reduce stress on feet, ankles, and knees
Durable outsole with patterned tread offers good traction on a variety of surfaces
For the best fit: if you are a half size, choose the size down
This style works well for medium to wide feet – not ideal for narrow feet
Outer: Black, Chestnut, Grey options: leather; Pink/Grey, Black/Grey options: textile; lining (all colour options): faux fur; sole (all colour options): manmade

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.159806

that is very subjective

Absolutely... that's the whole point on a forum, to express a view.

Personally, I think that most of us have subconscious price barriers for most things we shop for... and we won't go above that price.

I think that if you need orthotics generally, and find that going into slippers when you get home is anything but comfortable, then a pair of slippers with an orthotic might be the perfect answer. And I would say that for a purpose-built orthotic slipper would be more expensive than a general slipper... and compared to the likes of the Emu slippers, these are very affordable. For anyone who has joint problems and spends a lot of time in the house, these could be ideal.

They aren't for me on this occasion, but wouldn't rule it out in future.

Absolutely... that's the whole point on a forum, to express a view.

Personally, I think that most of us have subconscious price barriers for most things we shop for... and we won't go above that price.

I think that if you need orthotics generally, and find that going into slippers when you get home is anything but comfortable, then a pair of slippers with an orthotic might be the perfect answer. And I would say that for a purpose-built orthotic slipper would be more expensive than a general slipper... and compared to the likes of the Emu slippers, these are very affordable. For anyone who has joint problems and spends a lot of time in the house, these could be ideal.

They aren't for me on this occasion, but wouldn't rule it out in future.

that is excatly my logic on it all & worded so much better than i could

Some people do get good results for their foot problems ,but my experience with the brand was not great. Mine were sandals not slippers so can't really comment on the TSV except the price.

I have a different pair of Vionic slippers and because I need an orthotic, I find them very good for my feet and comfortable.
Good orthotics can cost a lot of money - I find Vionic to be a quality well built brand at a reasonable price. My custom NHS orthotic inner soles cost £90 per pair !
I do need to size up 3 sizes due to extremely wide feet, so I'm limited to boots, clog and toe post styles, but I have never found any brand, regardless of price, able to fit my feet properly.
So Vionic it is for me - too painful to go without an orthotic

I agree, they are expensive for slippers. I've seen this technology out there cheaper, but that's QVC for you, if they can see a gap in the market to exploit, they'll grab it and run.

If you know of cheaper alternatives with orthotics in them, did you spot brand names or anything? An alternative is always welcome, I'd say.

I don't know any alternatives because I'm a bit of a sceptic when it comes to orthotics,unless done via a medical practitioner.

Similar type without the FMT label can be found in M and S and Bodgers of Ilford have very similar for half the price.

All I'm saying is for a pair of slippers of this type ,faux suede,faux fur ,they seem expensive.So the extra must be for the FMT technology.

I would advise Q to sell these slippers as ordinary slippers because the FMT footbed is removable .
Cut the price significantly and sell many more slippers. Then sell the vionic footbed as an option to those that want it.

It didnt look to me like they sold very well ,so I have given Q a solution ,no charge !

Latest posts

Back