Lee Holbein is awful

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish Lee would stop talking about "the mothership" - it sounds like he's got a space craft at home, ready to depart for another planet :mysmilie_17:

Lee was a welcome diversion from the awfulness that is Abbi Horne during the Fitbit TSV day.

I suspect, if he was given a bit of a freer rein at QVC the techie programmes could be more informative, as I think he knows more than he gets time to convey during the presentation slots he is given.

What I don't understand, when you consider the value of most of the items Lee presents (and others who present laptops etc) is why they don't warrant the 1 hour shows that the blasted No! No! gets... with the whole Q&A thing coordinated by Will and perhaps a second tech guest (please, not Abbi? There are far more questions going unanswered which could very well be covered in such a format. Customers are shelling out a lot of money for these items, and it would make far more sense for QVC to devote more time to the questions customers invariably have.

So rather than castigating Mr Hohbein for his limited repertoire and his latest fashion hairstyles, I will put in a bid for proper, thorough, tech show presentations with whole hours devoted to the product and answering the questions posted by customers on Facebook, website, Twitter, text, via customer services etc. How about it, QVC?

I agree. The trouble with most of these generic QVC "experts" is that they don't actually work in the field that they claim to be an expert in. If Lee worked in an electronics store when he wasn't at QVC then I'd take him more seriously. See also - tech "expert" Abby and homes "expert" Gill Gauntlet.

Give me Lee over Abby any day! She is seriously woeful in every department, how she got the job god only knows!

Is Lee the one with that "used car dealer" vibe? Or is that the Bose guy? I get all these experts mixed up.

i remember tech used to be my favourite hours now it has been dumbed down to the dumbest levels. feel sure lee could do better presentations if given the time

Give me Lee over Abby any day! She is seriously woeful in every department, how she got the job god only knows!

I think that's quite obvious really, maybe I'm being cynical but have you noticed how they went in a direction where most of their modern (tech) product demonstrators are women/good looking people.

Aspiration eh.

Lee strikes me as the sort of person that could sell ice to eskimos.... but they only purchased the ice so he would piss off.

but in qvc's mind they are thinking ''who cares why... he sold it didn't he''

I think that's quite obvious really, maybe I'm being cynical but have you noticed how they went in a direction where most of their modern (tech) product demonstrators are women/good looking people.

Aspiration eh.

Get your point but never thought of this! I like the demonstrator to be thorough and offer good and bad (if necessary) points about the said product! I will not watch Abby but I don't mind Lee at all! :mysmilie_8:

Get your point but never thought of this! I like the demonstrator to be thorough and offer good and bad (if necessary) points about the said product! I will not watch Abby but I don't mind Lee at all! :mysmilie_8:

I think they think they can get women to buy computers and phones only from other women or good looking snake oil salesmen... I mean men.

I think they think they can get women to buy computers and phones only from other women or good looking snake oil salesmen... I mean men.

This schlock is clearly an utterly ruthless salesman (and he is a salesman, tech expert my eye) that has absolutely no shame.

He doesn't flinch when selling the truly extortionately priced Apple kit which I consider akin to those horrendous payday lenders offering sub prime terms to people who cannot otherwise get credit.

Shameful, these sales are a disgrace :down:

its the blatant lies the presenters tell to secure a sale thats eye opening. no wonder there are all actors you have to be a bare farce liar to oversell some of the overpriced tat qvc sometimes sell

I can never get past his dopey hair styles. What IS it about middle aged men who have to go down the trendy haircut route whether it suits them or not ? all this half shaved head with a long bit on top is not a good look on anyone. Danny Mac on Strictly has got it about right, good looking chap with good hair and length - can you imagine HIM with the Lee Holbein style - it would completely change his look. God forbid !

i think lee is quite nice looking he just needs to have a lot more info on the products he presents

Now, here is a guest expert telling you that this TV has an unbreakable screen ----- hits it ----- oops, I've broken it.

The QVC presenter jumps in and says, that's because you've been hitting it all day in previous demos, implying that he has weakened it, and it wouldn't happen in real life lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TncGrpYVBpA

Oh, that fat bloke! They always used to wheel him out to flog TV's. I love this clip as it shows just how false and controlled the presenters are. I bet inside she wanted the ground to swallow her up! If it had been me presenting I would have dissolved in a fit of laughter! Quite why he was bashing the TV screen like that anyway I do not know. The only time I feel any urge to punch my TV screen is when I see any of the fake QVC clan with their over-the-top pitches. I find the "off" button is better.

He's on again now, oohing and cooing about how brilliant QVC's tech deals are. I beg to differ .........

iPad Air 2 WiFi Cellular 128GB
QVC £669.99 & £6.95 P&P
Apple £589.00 & Free P&P

But QVC offer 'interest free' EasyPay :mysmilie_15:

He's on again now, oohing and cooing about how brilliant QVC's tech deals are. I beg to differ .........

iPad Air 2 WiFi Cellular 128GB
QVC £669.99 & £6.95 P&P
Apple £589.00 & Free P&P

But QVC offer 'interest free' EasyPay :mysmilie_15:

I watched it to see if I should upgrade from my current I pad. I'm none the wiser - he didn't give me one fact that made me want to jump to the phone. That gadget must be choc full of really clever, useful and entertaining technology but how does it differ from my old one ? He didn't say.

I watched it to see if I should upgrade from my current I pad. I'm none the wiser - he didn't give me one fact that made me want to jump to the phone. That gadget must be choc full of really clever, useful and entertaining technology but how does it differ from my old one ? He didn't say.

That's what you can expect to get from a Q tech expert!:mysmilie_59:

Aspiration eh.

Is Abby Horne good looking? I'm not a man, but still . . .

CC

watched the presentation for the tsv with guest for less than a minute and it was like two women having a bit of a twitter about nothing not a presentation on technology. dreadful

Latest posts

Back