Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Next to raise its head is creditcheckgate.

Apparently some man was denied EP because of a poor credit rating and then granted it. Someone saying that the no credit check is a load of who shot John.

Wonder how much his partners xmas gift cost that it required a credit check?

Unlikely a credit check per se; more likely his credit card bouncing the amount if too close to its limit.

They do credit checks they have done for a while, especially on the more expensive items like tellys and iPads, that's why you'll never hear a presenter say "and we don't do credit checks" like they used to say every five minutes. A customer service woman told me years ago they also do random credit checks and have closed accounts they think are dodgy, well that's what she told me anyway.

Yes, I read that post and first thought was the Dyson Hairdryer.

I know from reading the QVC US forums they do a check over there. A thread I remember the woman was giving off hell as her order was cancelled as it was too close to her credit limit on her card. A few people replied QVC was a business and had to make sure you had the money to cover the cost of the item even if you chose easy pay.

Meat Hamper Alert

So, further up this thread I mentioned people getting emails their orders would arrive last week then a change of plan and it would be this week.

So a woman is contacting her solicitor, national newspapers and trading standards. Good for her it might do something!

She got an email her hamper would arrive yesterday oh no it didn't she sat in waiting on it. Contacted CS to cancel the order told she couldn't do it. Yet another woman on the QVC Facebook was allowed to cancel her order as it did not arrive!

I am not surprised she is really angry. Also, QVC lost a parcel on her so double let down. She has been told by other posters it is too late to leave it to chance it might turn up.

A woman said she ordered last year and had no problems but did not this year as for the same items the price was far more expensive.

Meat Hamper Alert

So, further up this thread I mentioned people getting emails their orders would arrive last week then a change of plan and it would be this week.

So a woman is contacting her solicitor, national newspapers and trading standards. Good for her it might do something!

She got an email her hamper would arrive yesterday oh no it didn't she sat in waiting on it. Contacted CS to cancel the order told she couldn't do it. Yet another woman on the QVC Facebook was allowed to cancel her order as it did not arrive!

I am not surprised she is really angry. Also, QVC lost a parcel on her so double let down. She has been told by other posters it is too late to leave it to chance it might turn up.

A woman said she ordered last year and had no problems but did not this year as for the same items the price was far more expensive.

I'm getting really hard in my old age because I can't believe how gulllible these people are. Her many posts irritated me & I don't know how she's going to pay a solicitor when there's only 1p left in her bank account. As for 'nothing decent left in the shops' she's dotty because the news has been full of the usual tales of woe about the High Street being full of everything except customers & our Sainsburys will be constantly being restocked until well into Christmas Eve & that'll be the same for all the country's supermarkets. Personally I can't understand anyone buying food, especially for a celebration, from the Q when there have been so many stories about inedible items, poor delivery & bad service.

I have just ploughed through the hamper saga on FB. I agree it is folly to order Christmas food from the Q because it will be delayed, never arrive or cost more than a local supermarket/butcher. I doubt very much if it Will be any better quality either. But I do feel sorry for people who are unaware of the annual shambles and buy the stuff only to be let down. I just don't know why Q bother with this market segment. But if this were all happening pre internet and just bought off the telly, none of us would know that there was this annual issue. At least the lady complaining still has chance to get stuff in. She has said that there will nothing left in the supermarkets. I do hope she's wrong as I haven't bought my food yet!

I have just had to spend time this morning reconciling my skincare stash to my spreadsheet as I had an error! What a bore! And what an alarming number of serums I have in stock....

By the way, is it just me or has the tone of the FB page changed of late. There is a shed load of criticism but that does not seem to generate anything like the vitriol from the devotees that it used to.

I`ve read the hamper-gate post on fb and the woman`s opening line is " Yet again I have been let down by QVC ..." so why on earth if they`ve already let her down previously has she risked using them again for something as important as her Christmas meat ? It beggars belief.
I realise some people are unable to deal with busy shops for either physical or transport reasons and i also realise most people have to work to a budget and the EP`s help this but Christmas day is on the same date every year so we get ample time to either save, budget, organise or shop.
If people are prepared to trust QVC`s meat company to pick and deliver their meat then why not trust Asda, Sainsbury Tesco, Iceland or Morrisons to do the same ?
If people are happy to pay for their meat in installments then why not do the same with a local butcher Christmas club or buy savings stamps each week from the likes of Asda or keep topping up a pre paid credit card.
If people have mobility issues but can get online to order from Q then why can they not get online to shop elsewhere ?
And if paying for that meat leaves just 1p in a bank account as this lady has stated then maybe she needs to buy one piece of meat per month starting around October from elsewhere and freeze it well in advance and she must have a freezer because it`s frozen meat which she`s ordered !

I got the.impression that hamper-gate woman had ordered this meat when it first aired so could that even have been back in July? I would say September at the latest. I also thought the other let down related to a recent Christmas purchase, so it is a balls up on two products ordered some time apart. But yes, Vienna, I agree with all your questions and answers!!!!!

(Having said that, I'd better not get to Waitrose tomorrow to find the shelves are bare!)

Posted by Mazza
“I have just had to spend time this morning reconciling my skincare stash to my spreadsheet as I had an error! What a bore! And what an alarming number of serums I have in stock....”

Mazza I am so jealous of your organisational skills.

I have just ploughed through the hamper saga on FB. I agree it is folly to order Christmas food from the Q because it will be delayed, never arrive or cost more than a local supermarket/butcher. I doubt very much if it Will be any better quality either. But I do feel sorry for people who are unaware of the annual shambles and buy the stuff only to be let down. I just don't know why Q bother with this market segment. But if this were all happening pre internet and just bought off the telly, none of us would know that there was this annual issue. At least the lady complaining still has chance to get stuff in. She has said that there will nothing left in the supermarkets. I do hope she's wrong as I haven't bought my food yet!

I have just had to spend time this morning reconciling my skincare stash to my spreadsheet as I had an error! What a bore! And what an alarming number of serums I have in stock....

By the way, is it just me or has the tone of the FB page changed of late. There is a shed load of criticism but that does not seem to generate anything like the vitriol from the devotees that it used to.

I am soooo pleased I’m not the only one that keeps meticulous lists of what’s in my stash and when I spot an error, I too have to put it right! Like you, I have a ridiculous amount of serums ... and night creams for some reason. The list has helped me resist some TSVs though.

Posted by Mazza
“I have just had to spend time this morning reconciling my skincare stash to my spreadsheet as I had an error! What a bore! And what an alarming number of serums I have in stock....”

Mazza I am so jealous of your organisational skills.

I agree. And I also love your calculation skills, breaking down all the sets into individual costs at the offer price versus the full price. I do similar but my calculation is based more on what things are worth to me so if I really want two items, say, and I am prepared to pay £10 each, I work out what the rest will cost me and whether I could get it back on eBay if I don’t want it. Your breakdown of costs is really helpful though.

I admit I am gearing up for the Xmas sales and this year I am determined to not buy stuff just because it is half price! Been wandering SpaceNK and usually have an idea what will be in the sale, so thinking NO, you have x amount of face creams and eye creams(I usually stock up on Liz Earle Superskin Eye set in Boots as you get 33% off with full-size eye cream and full-size Eye Bright. But I have two unopened!), so no.

As for food, most stores do an ordering service and you can buy back in October and have it paid for, local butchers do a saving scheme so it is all paid for and they usually through in bags of free potatoes too.

I admit I am gearing up for the Xmas sales and this year I am determined to not buy stuff just because it is half price! Been wandering SpaceNK and usually have an idea what will be in the sale, so thinking NO, you have x amount of face creams and eye creams(I usually stock up on Liz Earle Superskin Eye set in Boots as you get 33% off with full-size eye cream and full-size Eye Bright. But I have two unopened!), so no.

As for food, most stores do an ordering service and you can buy back in October and have it paid for, local butchers do a saving scheme so it is all paid for and they usually through in bags of free potatoes too.
This year I saved Topcashback for 9 months & converted it to a M&S e-gift card for extra 8%, paid for Christmas food.

I don’t see the point of buying bog standard meat/cakes by mail order. Could understand if it was smoked oysters or something but a glorified bacon rasher no way

As has been said before local butchers have schemes and supermarkets do deliveries for those unable or don’t have time to collect

Time to grab your Joe and Sephs, pull up a chair and watch "Hampergate" unfold. :mysmilie_3:

Is it gathering pace?

Someone should take a screenshot and re-post it on Facebook around Sept/Oct next year as a little reminder. I suspect they’d all still probably pile in.

Latest posts

Back