Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, a poor soul seems to have got the boot from BackToYou run by Flinty's bestie.

Asking if it had been closed down as they can no longer find it. Others telling her she has been banned as that is what happens when you are. Someone who is still a member saying it is still there for her.

That woman & her 'besties' are the middle-aged versions of the mean girls at school. I saw that post & then carried on reading only to find shot of AY in the most awful combination from last Friday.
https://www.qvcuk.com/Elemis-Pro-Co...buster-Collection.product.239565.html?sc=IROA

Someone asked if they could temporarily change their delivery address from UK to France.

No problem kissy kiss kiss was the reply.

I’m not convinced that since they can’t manage to deliver 20% of UK parcels how the heck are they going to manage to rural France. If we have to pay £6 to get a flimsy top what the heck will they charge her.

Watch this space when the first delivery goes AWOL.

That woman & her 'besties' are the middle-aged versions of the mean girls at school. I saw that post & then carried on reading only to find shot of AY in the most awful combination from last Friday.
https://www.qvcuk.com/Elemis-Pro-Co...buster-Collection.product.239565.html?sc=IROA

The general opinion was that it wasn’t a good look however there was the odd “its very trendy to clash patterns” replies.

Clashing is a hard look to pull off and like many of us AY isn’t the one to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, a poor soul seems to have got the boot from BackToYou run by Flinty's bestie.

Asking if it had been closed down as they can no longer find it. Others telling her she has been banned as that is what happens when you are. Someone who is still a member saying it is still there for her.

:mysmilie_15:

the top looks like something the dog threw up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Perry certainly likes posing on Q's FB page, and his fan club are all there, like a gang of love struck teenagers.

I don't get the appeal.

I saw that and whilst it must have been a disappointment it was a bit of a first world problem. I know you can’t always live your life as a happy clappy glass half full way just sometimes it isn’t a bad idea to step back and think just how much of a disaster it really is.

A few weeks ago our house had waster damage and it’s like a tip at the moment waiting for repairs to be done but unlike my usual Victor Meldrew mind set I’m trying to keep saying it’s nothing in comparison to poor folk who have the water up to the next floor and I’m not sleeping in a doorway.

This gave me the biggest giggle. I wondered what waster had the cheek to come round, and damage your house. I hope you gave him a good telling off! :mysmilie_17:

Bliddy Apple keypad and predictive text together with poor proof reading!

Don’t worry about it, years ago I sent my boss a message on a Christmas night out asking would she like some “cock” of course I meant coke (as in cola)..........or did I? :mysmilie_3:

I wouldn't even mind, I had no excuse, I don’t drink. :mysmilie_17:

Don’t worry about it, years ago I sent my boss a message on a Christmas night out asking would she like some “cock” of course I meant coke (as in cola)..........or did I? :mysmilie_3:

I wouldn't even mind, I had no excuse, I don’t drink. :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_867::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_867::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_867:

Only you, shopperholic!!

I've "thanked" you above because you have literally made me cry with laughter.

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_867::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_867::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_867:

Only you, shopperholic!!

I've "thanked" you above because you have literally made me cry with laughter.

I’ve thanked you, for thanking me Andi xx. :mysmilie_17:

Michael Perry certainly likes posing on Q's FB page, and his fan club are all there, like a gang of love struck teenagers.

I don't get the appeal.

In most of his pics he’s wearing a sultry expression and is “man-spreading”. I suppose he’s quite attractive in a Mediterranean way (not my type) but I don’t think he’s interested in his female groupies. Very pleasant and amusing to listen to, especially his tongue-in-cheek comments verging on subtle sarcasm about various gnomes, plastic elephants and other tat.

I have to say Michael Perry has not held my need to watch the gardening shows, but the bit I have seen I got the impression that he is embarrassed at some of the silly garden decoration tat they sell... but I could be wrong.

In most of his pics he’s wearing a sultry expression and is “man-spreading”. I suppose he’s quite attractive in a Mediterranean way (not my type) but I don’t think he’s interested in his female groupies. Very pleasant and amusing to listen to, especially his tongue-in-cheek comments verging on subtle sarcasm about various gnomes, plastic elephants and other tat.

Last week we saw Sophie Ellis-Bextor, it was a fantastic concert & she has a sizeable gay following. Mr Perry's female groupies are his equivalent.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it seems to me that there have been rather a lot of complaints about the poor state of plants received from Q. I was just reading quite a detailed one with pics, but the tablet then went funny and I lost it. It was such a long way down I havent got the energy to plough through them all again. IIRC the woman had received no answer at first but then when she did get a reply she was even more ticked off as, despite the photo of the unhealthy looking plants, they said the plants couldnt possibly be pot bound (I think she had said they were sodden and the roots were all compacted) and she should get them out, free up the roots and give them a few weeks to see if they thrive. I cant believe she would get much joy from them if she went back to them a second time. Presumably they could just say she hadnt looked after them well enough.

Plants arriving from Q

7BE20159-4943-45B9-A476-C580D653DA1F.jpg

88FB1090-B8D7-4FD1-84BD-92085D32C1A7.jpg

9735E079-C05F-4429-B9DB-126B054F6DE3.jpg

23A8D4F4-980E-4D2C-81BC-A6D1F1CD0A20.jpg

I buy a fair amount of plants from QVC and most of them are fine, however, I did recently get a refund from some Plants2Gardens begonias which despite my very best efforts all rotted away at the stem/root and died. Money back no problem. I find the bigger the plant the better chance it has of surviving although they cost more. I rarely buy plug plants as they inevitably die - which might of course be my fault rather than the plant's and I grow a lot myself from seed. I can't say I've ever had a problem with CS and refunds over gardening items and I've never been asked to send photos or return them.

CC

Latest posts

Back