Social Media - That was an eyeopener - Page 216

Former QVC executive gets 2 years in prison for embezzlement, fraud scheme

A former QVC executive was sentenced Tuesday to 30 months in federal prison for perpetuating a $1 million fraud scheme that enabled him to live a luxury lifestyle.

James D. Falkowski, 42, of Buffalo, N.Y., worked as a director for QVC, where he was tasked with enhancing the West Chester, Pa.-based television shopping networks brand and reputation in the entertainment and fashion industries.

But federal prosecutors said that without QVCs knowledge or approval, he instead used his role to embezzle and fraudulently obtain from the company over $1 million worth of money, goods and services, such as hundreds of thousands of dollars of first-class travel, hotel and resort stays, spa treatments.....Read More

Page 216 of 305 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3044
    Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

I order from Beauty Bay(hell they where refurbishing their warehouse at the time. Daily updates on their site when parcels would be shipped. Mine ordered on a Sunday arrived on the Wednesday and that was with the delays going on with the work in the warehouse. Full tracking from Hermes telling me it was out for delivery and then it had been delivered. I do have a safe place which I put on the order messages) and few other places all use Hermes. Never had a problem with Hermes and able to track all the way. Bought from Ebay last week and the seller used Hermes, it wasn't expensive item and thought why Hermes for that? But again full tracking and arrived on the date stated no problems.

So I agree with Still Game, there is some going on at QVC warehouse?

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    I'm now convinced that the warehouse is in fact a lucky dip barrel like you used to get at bring and buy charity dos. Watch out for sawdust in the packages!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the Little Britain "computer says no" sketch was based on a QVC experience?
    Likes Glittergirl, donna255 , loveheart liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
    I wonder if the Little Britain "computer says no" sketch was based on a QVC experience?
    Definitely up to their customer service standards
    Likes Glittergirl, donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is very funny at times and long may it continue!
    Likes shopperholic , donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another balls up with AD. Woman ordered and saying they had 120 days to get the stock in, now told she cannot get it for another 30 days. Oh and she cannot cancel until they actually have the stock in! But they have taken the payment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Another balls up with AD. Woman ordered and saying they had 120 days to get the stock in, now told she cannot get it for another 30 days. Oh and she cannot cancel until they actually have the stock in! But they have taken the payment.
    Which basically means all that blather "we only take payment when we dispatch the goods" is a lie!

Is there anything in the T&C small print on the QVC website?
    Likes donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a matter for Trading Standards (or whatever they're called nowadays ?)
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

qvc say its not technically in their bank account more like a holding account. smacks of desperation imo
    Likes ERICS MUM , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

There was one I mentioned earlier woman had her money ring fenced from 19th August. and still hanging in September. So over two weeks. Item not in stock but not it did not drop back into her account. I have had money ring fenced in my account, not with QVC though. It dropped back into my account in less than a week and they retook the money as they where to slow to claim it. I am with Santander so not sure if all banks have a time limited for the retainer to actually claim the money. I actually contacted the online store myself and said you didn't take the money! I knew they would eventually but preferred them to take it now instead of getting a surprise months down the line.
    Likes boffy , shopperholic liked this post

Advertising

Advertising