Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pat is back, seems she is going to Vancouver and needs lightweight clothes want to bulk buy. Oh her son is with Circus Sol Lay(sp)

Quite a few posts this week about the Letter and complaining about the presenters encouraging customers to order different colours and sizes to see which ones they prefer. The returns info is in my small print in the terms and conditions which are never mentioned just pushing to order on air.

Pat is back, seems she is going to Vancouver and needs lightweight clothes want to bulk buy. Oh her son is with Circus Sol Lay(sp)

Quite a few posts this week about the Letter and complaining about the presenters encouraging customers to order different colours and sizes to see which ones they prefer. The returns info is in my small print in the terms and conditions which are never mentioned just pushing to order on air.

Did Pat go to the Galapagos ?

Did Pat go to the Galapagos ?

She did :mysmilie_17:

Pat Galapagos.JPG

I love Pat! Has nobody on Facebook cottoned on to the fact she's taking the pi55?

I think most of the posters have cottoned on but the poor Q 'Stepford' mods either can't acknowledge or don't give a carp cos they hate their job so much.

Any lizard that spots a QVC presenter will run as fast as it's little legs will carry them, scared stiff Bastardo might make a purse out of him.

Oh, biggie happening. Now I noticed this person a few times but did not pay attention. I was confused as they just kept posting about QVC ignoring and not answering, I didn't realize what it was about?

This is over the £10 voucher, this it today.

So I posted a reply from the CEO to them earlier in the thread, but they are having none of it. Why? Well, some phoned up and CS did give the £10(seems it might have to do to who you go on the phone?), this person is going on about the inconsistency of the giving out of the voucher. So at one point the QVC Facebook said everyone would get the voucher but then that changed and it was only if you opted in, some did not know if they were in or out:mysmilie_17: Hence the phone calls to CS and many just getting the voucher anyway.

So this person has emailed back to the CEO's office and they are not replying to them. They have been posting on the Q Facebook and the team ignoring their questions. They have now cancelled their bank cards so payments for stuff they have on easy pay/auto delivery(?) cannot be taken automatically. They are saying there are other ways QVC can get the money, I assume they mean having to contact them. I can see this all going badly, will say QVC would get the debt collectors in pretty quickly if they cannot get their money.

Oh, biggie happening. Now I noticed this person a few times but did not pay attention. I was confused as they just kept posting about QVC ignoring and not answering, I didn't realize what it was about?

This is over the £10 voucher, this it today.

So I posted a reply from the CEO to them earlier in the thread, but they are having none of it. Why? Well, some phoned up and CS did give the £10(seems it might have to do to who you go on the phone?), this person is going on about the inconsistency of the giving out of the voucher. So at one point the QVC Facebook said everyone would get the voucher but then that changed and it was only if you opted in, some did not know if they were in or out:mysmilie_17: Hence the phone calls to CS and many just getting the voucher anyway.

So this person has emailed back to the CEO's office and they are not replying to them. They have been posting on the Q Facebook and the team ignoring their questions. They have now cancelled their bank cards so payments for stuff they have on easy pay/auto delivery(?) cannot be taken automatically. They are saying there are other ways QVC can get the money, I assume they mean having to contact them. I can see this all going badly, will say QVC would get the debt collectors in pretty quickly if they cannot get their money.

There's something very odd going on with opt-ins/opt-outs and the emails themselves, at least in my case. Having read about this £10 voucher a few weeks ago, I was fully expecting an email from QVC offering me one because for years I've been getting the daily TSV email and the less frequent QGossip ones. I don't remember asking for them but they didn't bother me and I certainly have never opted out. Anyway, after I phoned CS last week to see if they would grant me £10 off an order, the daily TSV emails ceased. So I went online to see what my mailing preferences are (first time I've ever looked, I'm sure) and all the boxes were unchecked - ie I was down to receive nothing. I certainly have not made any changes. While I was there, I re-checked the boxes to receive emails but all I've had this week is a QGossip one today (immediately deleted as it's all about Amanda Holden's ladybird necklace). WTF are QVC doing?

As I have said before I did get the email with £10, it came first and just asked me to click the link. Now the only emails I get are TSVs which 99% of the time I don't even look at. This was the second week in May that I got the £10 voucher one and only opened as the headline said £10 voucher. Then a week later got the normal email others got about opting in no mention of the £10. I had kept the original email as I did not trust QVC:wonder::wonder: over the £10 voucher.

Meanwhile on the Q Facebook people saying thank you for the £10 and others when can I spend it? So, of course, people asking what £10 and when will my email with voucher arrive? I didn't pay much attention but noticed QVC admin just not replying to anyone about this but they kept it up about when will I get my voucher? Did not see the reply given by Facebook Admin but suddenly it was everyone was getting one going by the posts from others. Then, people who didn't get an email voucher told to phone CS, this is where it got interesting. Some told no, others told by posters to phone up again and ask again then they got it. Yet others still being told no you have not opted in even though some had been just given the code. There seemed to be two codes which were also confusing. Mine was YESYES, others got THANKYOU. Then the person I mentioned in my last post emailed the CEO to get what was happening after they had been turned down for the voucher. Got a reply that only those who opted in would be given it. Now by this time, people had just been given the code anyway when they phoned CS, but some had not. So this did not go down well. So the person then emailed a few times and getting no reply from the CEO's office about how unfair it all was. They have been posting on the Facebook page for days and just being ignored by the Admin team. I am wondering if they will get banned? The Facebook Admin have done it for less before.

As I have said before I did get the email with £10, it came first and just asked me to click the link. Now the only emails I get are TSVs which 99% of the time I don't even look at. This was the second week in May that I got the £10 voucher one and only opened as the headline said £10 voucher. Then a week later got the normal email others got about opting in no mention of the £10. I had kept the original email as I did not trust QVC:wonder::wonder: over the £10 voucher.

Meanwhile on the Q Facebook people saying thank you for the £10 and others when can I spend it? So, of course, people asking what £10 and when will my email with voucher arrive? I didn't pay much attention but noticed QVC admin just not replying to anyone about this but they kept it up about when will I get my voucher? Did not see the reply given by Facebook Admin but suddenly it was everyone was getting one going by the posts from others. Then, people who didn't get an email voucher told to phone CS, this is where it got interesting. Some told no, others told by posters to phone up again and ask again then they got it. Yet others still being told no you have not opted in even though some had been just given the code. There seemed to be two codes which were also confusing. Mine was YESYES, others got THANKYOU. Then the person I mentioned in my last post emailed the CEO to get what was happening after they had been turned down for the voucher. Got a reply that only those who opted in would be given it. Now by this time, people had just been given the code anyway when they phoned CS, but some had not. So this did not go down well. So the person then emailed a few times and getting no reply from the CEO's office about how unfair it all was. They have been posting on the Facebook page for days and just being ignored by the Admin team. I am wondering if they will get banned? The Facebook Admin have done it for less before.

Thanks. This fits with the sequence of events as I remembered it. Utter chaos. And all so avoidable if only QVC were fair, sensible, consistent, communicative, honest, reasonable ... all the things we know they rarely are.

By the way, thanks again to the people on here who brought the chance of a £10 discount to light with their posts in this thread and the other one specifically about the voucher emails from QVC. Once again, st.com is the best source of information and advice, while FB users remain confused as hell!

A few people complaining about the having to sign the declaration for QVC when your item does not turn up. Why should they pay postage for a stamp, a few binlids saying just scan and send it via an email. A man is saying why should he have to, no other company demands proof in writing and in fact it is illegal for QVC to do this. He is no doubt talking about Amazon and Paypal(of course if the seller can prove you have signed for the item that is different), which is true. One woman very angry as item did not turn up and she was told plenty in stock so waited for the letter to sign which also did not turn up had to get them to send another one. Meanwhile, the product had sold out.

The infamous, 'Are you not stocking Birkenstocks anymore?' Has turned up to save the universe, it must be close to its second anniversary by now:mysmilie_19:

Oh, people asking about the Catherine Zeta-Jones range which is now sold on QVC US? For some reason, I just cannot see Catherine coming to QVC UK and wanting to work with Flinty etc.

Latest posts

Back