Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The reply had another person saying they were on disabled benefits and because of PIP lost a large amount each month. Therefore not everyone shopping at QVC had loads of money to waste on gifts etc. Not sure but I bet its gone now?

Anyway, so lets get the popcorn in because the Green Season panto will be starting in a week or so.

Then why on earth does that person even shop at QVC? If I was in London, I wouldn't go in to Harrods, why would you go into a store and pay dearer when you can get the same thing in another store a few blocks down cheaper? Absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, I'll just make myself comfy :mysmilie_17:

Interesting post of yesterday.

Someone complaining (no! really!! how can that be you say.:mysmilie_17:), about either returns being sent out again in back condition or delivery. Sorry there are so many it does get confusing. Anyway one woman dropped the bomb about the discounts that presenters and other staff get buying products from QVC! She said her son had worked for QVC (warehouse I believe), and got 20% discount. She was sure the presenters got higher discounts. Someone else said they get it all free! A bin lid bounced in to defend saying most companies offer 20% to staff.

I would be surprised if they go it for free! Most enterprises nowadays are all about the sales and targets!

I would be surprised if they go it for free! Most enterprises nowadays are all about the sales and targets!

I don't suppose presenters officially get what they want for free but they often openly boast about things that have "accidentally" ended up in their dressing rooms or bags. These are probably things that have been used for presentations so already written off by the company and they can't be re-sold but it riles me a bit that they brag about it to rub customers' noses in it, especially when they sent in the Freebie Police to the last Beauty Bash or two, by all accounts, to make sure no members of the paying public got given anything for nothing by the brands. I mean, why let loyalty be rewarded when things are there to be snaffled by privileged presenters only?!

That reminds me, when is the next Beauty Bash? Maybe I should go on Facebook and ask because I don't think anyone's posted that question since yesterday!!

Beauty Bash gone, Back to You, gone!

Who or what is next? Could name a few I would like to see gone :mysmilie_520::mysmilie_378:

Congratulations and thanks, Glittergirl, on starting a thread which has run for nearly 40 pages already and has provided us all with much entertainment and mirth.

Two FB customers have reported their Green Seasons Hamper delivered safe and well.Whether this happy event will be repeated throughout remains to be seen.Keep the popcorn to hand!!

2 hampers does not a Christmas make (for the dozens who had egg and chips for Christmas dinner last year thanks to GS balls up)

Congratulations and thanks, Glittergirl, on starting a thread which has run for nearly 40 pages already and has provided us all with much entertainment and mirth.

I was truly gobsmacked when I saw some Posts! Seems so much disharmony on Fakebook which I find Hilarious!
Same names crop up all the time with same old mundane nonsense!

This form seems more realistic and light hearted! :mysmilie_866:

they sound grateful or maybe relieved :doh:

I bet QVc`s social media team are psyching themselves for the Green Seasons delivery period. I can see Joex, Rebeccax and Whoeverx barricading themselves in a darkened room, computer screens surrounded by anti stress gizmos for them to bite on, a mattress in one corner of their office for when it all gets too much and they need a lie down and Red Bull on tap so they can sob into their glasses at regular intervals, a photo of the CEO and the guy from Green Seasons on the wall and a set of darts with QVC logo on the flights on hand for emergency temper tantrums. I pity the poor sods if the GS deliveries go t^ts up again, I really do.

I don't suppose presenters officially get what they want for free but they often openly boast about things that have "accidentally" ended up in their dressing rooms or bags. These are probably things that have been used for presentations so already written off by the company and they can't be re-sold but it riles me a bit that they brag about it to rub customers' noses in it, especially when they sent in the Freebie Police to the last Beauty Bash or two, by all accounts, to make sure no members of the paying public got given anything for nothing by the brands. I mean, why let loyalty be rewarded when things are there to be snaffled by privileged presenters only?!

That reminds me, when is the next Beauty Bash? Maybe I should go on Facebook and ask because I don't think anyone's posted that question since yesterday!!

The presenters also frequently mention on air that they were given the (insert whatever they're currently peddling) to try out, or post pics of them using said products. I reckon they get a lot of freebies.

Two Green Seasons delivered thousands to go. Spielberg could make a disaster movie from the drama each year over this overpriced food. I put Tom Cruise forward as the delivery man who van crashes full of the Green Seasons, he bravely climbs out and tries to carry them all on his back to deliver. Just as it looks as if he might make it, he collapses and a great white shark leaps up and eats the food. Tiny Tom is left sobbing in the road.

Yes, the presenters and their freebies. There is an Argo ad running at the moment Smug Face, describes the QVC presenters and their "Oh I got this a month ago to try at home."

Out of interest I got a survey from QVC about celebs as guest presenters. Hey guess who was on the list? None other that Amanda Holden of the gorgeous free hamper from QVC. Clare Balding was also on the list, rather strange I thought as she is a sports commentator?

Two Green Seasons delivered thousands to go. Spielberg could make a disaster movie from the drama each year over this overpriced food. I put Tom Cruise forward as the delivery man who van crashes full of the Green Seasons, he bravely climbs out and tries to carry them all on his back to deliver. Just as it looks as if he might make it, he collapses and a great white shark leaps up and eats the food. Tiny Tom is left sobbing in the road.

Yes, the presenters and their freebies. There is an Argo ad running at the moment Smug Face, describes the QVC presenters and their "Oh I got this a month ago to try at home."

Out of interest I got a survey from QVC about celebs as guest presenters. Hey guess who was on the list? None other that Amanda Holden of the gorgeous free hamper from QVC. Clare Balding was also on the list, rather strange I thought as she is a sports commentator?

I do quite like Clare Balding but neither would make me anymore likely to buy. At least I have heard of them half the so called celebrities I have not heard of.

Meatgate has already started with odd shaped gammon.

Had to go look to check out the "odd shaped gammon" ha ha - astonishing that people are encountering issues with orders from a QVC offshoot which has cocked up Xmas orders for the last 3 years.

Had to go look to check out the "odd shaped gammon" ha ha - astonishing that people are encountering issues with orders from a QVC offshoot which has cocked up Xmas orders for the last 3 years.

I can't believe that it's the same people posting who had issues with it last year.

Why on earth can't these people just go to the supermarket, or order meat from their butchers if they have one locally?
Surely it would be cheaper, and you would see what you are actually buying.

Looks more like a gammon steak than a gammon joint, of course, I have had to leave a comment..... Can't resist

Latest posts

Back