Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is a bit of a spat on at the moment because someone moaning because JF was presenting a show she was interested in. Poster was torn to shreds until someone told them they acted like a cult.

There appears to be some people on QVC's facebook page who delight in telling others what they can and can't say. The woman in question just stated an opinion, and she gets jumped on over it. There really are some strange people in the world of facebook.

There is a bit of a spat on at the moment because someone moaning because JF was presenting a show she was interested in. Poster was torn to shreds until someone told them they acted like a cult.

Oh, was this someone a former guest presenter's partner?

(Sorry, I can't let it go.)

QVC should accept positive and negative feedback because if people stop watching or stop buying because of certain presenters, then it should be important to them to know why. I read their facebook page and often see the same few diehards who misconstrue negative feedback as being something nasty and then wade in to defend Q and bully whoever commented. I agree sometimes people can voice their negativity in a not too subtle way but when the same issues are being raised time and time again ie presenters over talking guests or selling their book, retreats or rambling on too much about their personal lives and therefore not allowing enough time for information/guest input on the products.
Of course Q`s social media team always say they`ll pass on the comments but nothing ever changes. The diehards defend to the death and I think more and more people just don`t bother posting anymore.

The same woman who a few months ago vowed on more than one occasion she would never buy YC again because the January TSV candles smoked so much - full of sh*t

I'd forgotten that! She seems to blow very hot and cold, one minute a cult leader and next the customer from hell.

Oh, was this someone a former guest presenter's partner?

(Sorry, I can't let it go.)

I've just had a look, there's a woman on there that must think if she sticks up for QVC enough she'll join the freebie club, the daft bugger. :mysmilie_15:

There appears to be some people on QVC's facebook page who delight in telling others what they can and can't say. The woman in question just stated an opinion, and she gets jumped on over it. There really are some strange people in the world of facebook.

That's why FB never has or will appeal to me, but I do like to peek now and again at QVCs page because it does make me giggle that the defenders of the shopping channel haven't really figured out yet that's it's just exactly that.......a shopping channel. QVC are just like any other retailer, except more expensive with crap service

What about the woman who got a 10 quid voucher with her first order and when she went to use it it is out of date and wanted them to honour it. Surprised that there wasn't a deluge of people telling her she was ****** lucky getting one in the first place!

There are presenters(well more than a few), many don't like. But QVC will not get rid of them as long as the sales stay good and their contracts are agreed. I am thinking bet they still order after complaining about the presenter even if its later in the day. So QVC just don't care.

Some one was asking why Craig was dressed as a Minion the other day?

The Yankee Candle woman needs an intervention from her family and friends.

Someone has posted multiple pics of their extensive Charle Bears collection on Q's FB page - they appear to have an entire room devoted to displaying them...

Each to their own and all that but I do find this SCARY!!!!!! :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

A lovely sunny Sunday afternoon and a few on FB have for the last five hours been bitching and bickering about whether or not it's ok to post negative comments about presenters and their presenting styles (yes, THAT old chestnut again!): "QVC you really do need to deal with the repeat comments on here slating your presenters..."

Already had about 20 replies and a number of replies to replies. It seems to be the same two or three people who can't take the negativity and clearly think that anyone who criticises their best fwends (that they've never met) should be shut down. Oh dear. I'm looking forward to Line of Duty in an hour and a half because it's less violent.

A lovely sunny Sunday afternoon and a few on FB have for the last five hours been bitching and bickering about whether or not it's ok to post negative comments about presenters and their presenting styles (yes, THAT old chestnut again!): "QVC you really do need to deal with the repeat comments on here slating your presenters..."

Already had about 20 replies and a number of replies to replies. It seems to be the same two or three people who can't take the negativity and clearly think that anyone who criticises their best fwends (that they've never met) should be shut down. Oh dear. I'm looking forward to Line of Duty in an hour and a half because it's less violent.

I very much enjoyed reading that crackers post + replies - doesn't take much to 'trigger' the Q illuminati!

I very much enjoyed reading that crackers post + replies - doesn't take much to 'trigger' the Q illuminati!

There's part of me that feels uncomfortable with it because it clearly means so much to some of them. But I'm with you on the "good read" factor! Had to laugh when one poster just wrote *Gets popcorn*

Latest posts

Back