Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I was married I didn't always wear my ring as I had eczema between those fingers and the ring made it worse. Didn't mean I didn't want to be married. Oh hang on a minute, maybe it did :mysmilie_13: (it was a bit of a mistake!).

CC

I am struggling with that at the moment. I've have found out what is causing the irritation- ****** cheap & nasty hand wash at work so taking my little bottle of L'occitane cherry blossom shower gel to wash hands with!

It could be a simple case of it not fitting or getting adjusted but either way it is no business of anyone especially a random poster on FB.

As I said it is unhealthy.

I would never ask/post anything like that but it is actually something that I notice, having worked in a jewellers years ago! It is something I notice without realising, although I am very discreet & never question as it is none of my business (or anyone elses) I can spot a newly wed a mile off by their shiny ring (wedding ring) I always notice people's jewellery, especially when paying for something at the till as it is something that I am still interested in. Maybe she is having it repaired/cleaned or having a new one? Many people do sometimes do this. Whatever the reason is, people should keep their cherry out!

Maybe Anne doesn't want to wear rings anymore. I've two boxes full of rings that I don't wear now as my hands and fingers have changed. I'm giving them away to friends and it's not up to anyone but me. Mr CC could offer me a £10K diamond but there's no point as it's not my priority anymore. People on Social M should mind their own business.

CC

They should bring up Alison Young if really being nosey! She broke her hand years back had to get her wedding ring cut off and mentioned getting it repaired to fit and just wearing her Diamonique ring temporarily. All these years later still wearing the Diamonique one.

I have some lovely rings but rarely ever wear them. Years ago a jeweller told me that wearing rings with stones in them even diamond stones whilst cleaning or working around the home can damage them. Consequently my rings sit in my jewellery box and only see daylight now and again.
I also remove my wedding ring from time to time because I sometimes get dermatitis between my fingers especially if I change cleaning products or shampoo, bodywash etc and it itches like mad. Some people dislike rings full stop and one of my ex neighbours refused to have any ring even a wedding ring. Her and her hubby had rings tattooed on their fingers. Mind you the same woman had umpteen bits of metal in her nose, ears, eyebrow and lip, not to mention other places so I guess not having a wedding ring made little difference.

CH has posted a video of her opening an Eek parcel in her bedroom. Now I have no idea how Arsebook works but would be interested if she would post without a nosey at other posts of which approximately 85% are complaints against her beloved Q including those complaining about her hard sell and dissing DHS.

CH has posted a video of her opening an Eek parcel in her bedroom. Now I have no idea how Arsebook works but would be interested if she would post without a nosey at other posts of which approximately 85% are complaints against her beloved Q including those complaining about her hard sell and dissing DHS.

She's blinkered & would never believe any negative comments about her beloved Q, like those parents who never accept that their children could do anything wrong. Everything about her sets my teeth on edge but saying that she ordered them 'on air' is right at the top of my list. She's at work & should not do anything other than her job & definitely not order items that may mean customers lose out. That would never happen in a shop & shouldn't happen with this shower. My head would have marched me to the school gates if I'd started shopping in front of a class.

Just imagine being in a store where there was only 1 item left in stock which you were about to take to the till when the sales person saw it and whipped it from under your hand and laughed at you AND with staff discount was getting it cheaper than you. That is the equivalent of what the presenters do when they order on air.

Pre on line they used to speak to camera and ask their mum/husband/daughter to order it for them. I always thought this was a selling ploy and wondered if the had a “safe word” otherwise the home orderer would either order everything or nothing depending if they had worked out which was required of them!

Just imagine being in a store where there was only 1 item left in stock which you were about to take to the till when the sales person saw it and whipped it from under your hand and laughed at you AND with staff discount was getting it cheaper than you. That is the equivalent of what the presenters do when they order on air.

Pre on line they used to speak to camera and ask their mum/husband/daughter to order it for them. I always thought this was a selling ploy and wondered if the had a “safe word” otherwise the home orderer would either order everything or nothing depending if they had worked out which was required of them!

That scenario did happen to me! I was about to pick up two cupcakes that had been reduced when a member of staff at the supermarket told me they were hers and she had been waiting for them to be reduced. I was so shocked I let her have them. When I came to my senses I was straight on the phone to the shop and got a voucher as an apology.

Oh, Birkenstocks get a mention. A woman asking why they no longer stock them and will they get them back again? She says the presenters always raved about them. There is another woman who keeps replying to posts asking why whatever brand is no longer sold at QVC, perhaps it was the company who wanted to leave and not QVC getting rid of them.

The woman who had problems with the Amazon Fire Tablet is back saying no one wants to deal with her problem. QVC still trying to pass it back to Amazon who is saying as it was bought through a third party nothing to do with them.

A number of questions about dresses and tops wore by quest presenters or QVC presenters? AY's dress is a popular one of course none are sold at QVC and the presenter's own. But still, they keep asking.

If someone can post a query about Birkenstock with QVC then surely they have access (I assume) to ordering direct from Birkenstock UK? I sent for sandals..the delivery was free and fast. A 14day make-your-mind-up and a label for a Free return, which I didn't need. Why do they keep asking the same stupid question?

If someone can post a query about Birkenstock with QVC then surely they have access (I assume) to ordering direct from Birkenstock UK? I sent for sandals..the delivery was free and fast. A 14day make-your-mind-up and a label for a Free return, which I didn't need. Why do they keep asking the same stupid question?

One, because they are lazy and rather than look something up themselves let someone else do it, and secondly they obviously only watch Q randomly or it would be obvious that they haven’t been there for about 5 years.

This has to be one of my all-time favourites:
'QVC i cannot find the perfect nails set i bought yesterday...its a set of 4/5 i think...i just wanted to see what I had bought in more detail but cannot find the set on the website.
It has a full.size pink gel...smaller size gel conditioning varnish and an undercoat and ?
Could you pop a link up for me please'
Someone suggested that she looked on her account... How do these people function? As for her mangling of the English language.

Clue is in the question!

I really do think that the We love QVC the best in the whole wide world crowd really do not have any common sense and cannot do anything unless Liam x or Rachel x tell them what to do.

I bought a couple of pairs of the soft bed Birkies but the last one was over £70 and that’s far too much for such casual shoes which can’t be worn if there is a chance of rain!
I was in TK max today and bought a brand called Biosoft which are even more comfortable for the vast price of £19.99. I can’t see them on the website as I find their website hard going, and on Amazon they are unavailable.

Latest posts

Back