Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I tell you what the fact its common knowledge that so called celebs get given the Elemis TSV for free would put me off buying it...must cost QVC peanuts to buy the watered down Elemis TSV

Now we have goldfrockgate!

Jill F was wearing a full length off the shoulders ball gown - bit OTT you may think until you find out that it is gold foil material!!

Needless to say the Arsebook police are up in arms over “the mean girls” which is rich seeing some of her posts.

ps. The frock was ****** awful!

Now we have goldfrockgate!

Jill F was wearing a full length off the shoulders ball gown - bit OTT you may think until you find out that it is gold foil material!!

Needless to say the Arsebook police are up in arms over “the mean girls” which is rich seeing some of her posts.

ps. The frock was ****** awful!

I thought the frock wasn't that bad, especially when compared to some of AY's stuff. Not one for 'walking the dog in' mind!

I really did not like the dress and even if I had I don’t think it was appropriate for a Rieker footwear presentation. It looked completely out of place.

I really did not like the dress and even if I had I don’t think it was appropriate for a Rieker footwear presentation. It looked completely out of place.

I thought it looked like a nightclub curtain, to be honest. It was a classic case of the dress wearing the person, rather than the person wearing the dress.

A lot of the presenters at present are channeling their inner glitterball on air, and it's too much... but Jill's effort topped the lot. It perfectly demonstrates that you can wear too much bling!

She looked ridiculous & wearing it when selling what my Mr T calls 'brown rice' shoes was even more odd, B&W yes, Rieker, no. My two favourite pairs of ankle boots are from them & I didn't mean to insult anyone who wears this brand.

I like Reiker shoes and have some "walking sandals" which were great for the trips on my cruise. I didn't wear them with a sparkly ball gown - I saved that for walking the dog.

CC

I always want to know about how they fit (wide, narrow, standard or a mix depending on the style), with Brands I'm not familiar with...

One thing about that massively drapey gold lamé curtain Jill was wearing - we couldn't see what she had on her feet!

There's a moanfest regarding poor service but this one takes the biscuit, it can't take the chocolate because...

'little disappointed QVC.
Order 2 x Lindt chocs in october
they never arrived. U sent me out a disclaimer confirming I never received.
then you send lindt choccies to the old address, even though i had updated you with my new address. had 98 mile round trip to collect them today only to discover you had only send 1 x lindt chocs. Called to complain and told you would send me another! Maybe reimburse my diesel costs as well plse. not a happy customer as they arrived a month late. they were going to be a gift!'

There's a moanfest regarding poor service but this one takes the biscuit, it can't take the chocolate because...

'little disappointed QVC.
Order 2 x Lindt chocs in october
they never arrived. U sent me out a disclaimer confirming I never received.
then you send lindt choccies to the old address, even though i had updated you with my new address. had 98 mile round trip to collect them today only to discover you had only send 1 x lindt chocs. Called to complain and told you would send me another! Maybe reimburse my diesel costs as well plse. not a happy customer as they arrived a month late. they were going to be a gift!'

At least mine eventually arrived, after 4 weeks, and I was told to keep them as I’d already had my refund.

There seem to be a lot of problems recently with goods arriving damaged, incomplete or not at all. Heaven help customers who order things for Christmas! Hopefully they’ll have a back up plan.

I can't understand why someone would post the following question. 'What is the 4 digit pin where would this be and are you a catalogue and pay when statement through what is the 4 digit pin miss brown'.

I can't understand why someone would post the following question. 'What is the 4 digit pin where would this be and are you a catalogue and pay when statement through what is the 4 digit pin miss brown'.

I saw that and whilst I cringe at many of the posts (eg wot r u .... hell no one should ever ever do that) I stop myself just in case the poster has learning difficulties because if not they need a good slap.

extract of a new post-

“Finally you acknowledge receipt of my returns.... returned 1st class 12 days ago and you have just ‘signed’ for them. The Royal Mail informed me that they deliver huge amounts to you each day and you only ‘sign’ for them when you get to the relevant cage. So although the RM delivered them on the 7th November it took you until the 16th to sign the delivery receipt.”

Explains a lot.

Wonder if it works the same way for deliveries. When I was a regular shopper most of the orders sat “in progress “ for at least 3 days so they were never going to fulfill the 3-5 day delivery.

Is that someone playing dumb hoping that an unsuspecting person might hand out their PIN number? You never know these days. The "bank" phoned Mr CC last week saying there was unusual activity on his account. The bank however didn't know who he banked with and they really should know his account number. The air was blue with his reply :mysmilie_17:

CC

Yesterday I received an email saying my TV licence was overdue and the direct debit was refused by my bank. I’ve got to say it was VERY convincing except I know ours is due in August and gets paid in one payment and wouldn’t have anything to do with my email address. I know for certain that many less (and only marginally less) savvy people would be caught out.

Yes, we've had that one and my mum has had several emails about Amazon Prime and money being taken out of her account. The usual "click here to cancel" link, click here to empty your bank account more like.

CC

Yesterday I received an email saying my TV licence was overdue and the direct debit was refused by my bank. I’ve got to say it was VERY convincing except I know ours is due in August and gets paid in one payment and wouldn’t have anything to do with my email address. I know for certain that many less (and only marginally less) savvy people would be caught out.
I had that several times just a few weeks before mine was due. If you looked at the sending email address, it was in fact an individual's hotmail account so I wondered if they had been hacked. They looked very convincing and I did look at the TV website and they mention this scam on the homepage. Thankfully they never quoted the right licence number.

I had the TV licence one, four days after I’d renewed it (they do it automatically every year and just send the link to the actual licence.) I’ve also had emails about my Amazon account and PayPal account being frozen. I always delete any emails like this especially as they invariably turn up in my junk mail.

The only one that I queried was a few years ago, supposedly from my bank. I deleted it and then rang the bank who confirmed what I thought ... they hadn’t sent me any email and it was a scam.

It beggars belief that these people have so much time on their hands as to send out mass scamming emails to random addresses in the hope that someone will take the bait, but unfortunately some vulnerable people do because it happened to my elderly neighbour. :sad:

Latest posts

Back