Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally agree, Celebs selling their stuff on the telly will not make me buy anymore!

In fact, anything endorsed by Amanda Holden is a complete turn OFF for me and many people I know! Now if it was Bradley Cooper.......................:mysmilie_59:

Not actually social media but, I was in my local post office today. Lady in front returning two QVC parcels, I recognised the blue bags and the QVC also gave it away. Sitting on the counter two square boxes again QVC bags. In the large mail bags behind the counter which where overflowing another I counted 6 QVC blue bags with QVC name. Never ever seen anything like this before! I mean its a sub post office and there is another one about 15 minute walk down the road in a Mace store. So that is from one small sub post office returns.

And I suggest that you and your cohort don't resort to name calling on your QVC Facebook page thread, then come here sh*t stirring. The people on here are lovely, kind, good people not at all "nasty or malicious" as you put it, because that discussion over there on QVC FB, is blown right in to the water compared to anything said on here. Your little friend over there has said a lot worse than anything I can find on here, so the question is, if we're as bad as you and her say we are, and you are now going to mix with "normal" (at time of writing you liked that comment) people from now on, why are you still here? Oh no it's ok, I think I know the answer. That's the last I'm saying on this subject as trolltastic as you're trying to make it, I'm done.

Now you are having a joke right?

Because BOOM BOOM - you've managed to misquote the Facebook post - again, lol lol lol

I didn't say malicious..........

Is that the joke? Deliberate misquotes?

Tell Donna it's ok, pay day was last week :)

Now you are having a joke right?

Because BOOM BOOM - you've managed to misquote the Facebook post - again, lol lol lol

I didn't say malicious..........

Is that the joke? Deliberate misquotes?

Tell Donna it's ok, pay day was last week :)

Again? The only thing I've misquoted (once) is I said malicious when you actually called people on here "nasty and vicious", although why you'd want attention drawn to this is anyone's guess, so you really need to get your facts straight............misquotes are a right bugger aren't they. :mysmilie_15:

On a serious note though, you really need to let this go now. I won't be replying again because I'm basically feeding the Troll and that's not good, just wanted to defend myself and let you know, I may have misquoted once but to me, malicious and viscous are one of the same, so that really is me done now.

Perhaps don't make up fanciful stories making fun at complete strangers posts in future.
Remember I don't post on this thread, I didn't even know about this thread, until Donna referenced me in it.
It's not my type of thing anyway. I'm more about products & consumer reviews than posts taking the Mick out of people or slating presenters who are going about their jobs earning a living.

Totally agree, Celebs selling their stuff on the telly will not make me buy anymore!

In fact, anything endorsed by Amanda Holden is a complete turn OFF for me and many people I know! Now if it was Bradley Cooper.......................:mysmilie_59:

It's that giggle she does when she says most of her parcels are from QVC that proves she's telling fibs, I only seen it once now every time her face appears, over the channel goes. :mysmilie_17:

Amanda Holden and Ruth Langsford's promo spiel have me running for the off button, they both do nothing for me, I find them very annoying.

I continue to enjoy the Ruth and Jackie show. They have done their homework on this, and unlike the recent autumn fashion shows the models do look OK, even the plus models: the outfits look wearable, and more classic, and mercifully whoever is helping with styling the outfits has a brief which reins in their wilder flights of fancy!

I cannot help feeling that the timing for the current weekly shows is to coincide with Strictly and enable Ruth to access another voter base. I don't watch Strictly, but I suspect Ruth may be an early exit once voting kicks in... She doesn't strike me as a dancer. I'm happy to be proved wrong, though, and wish her luck.

[SPOILER][/SPOILER]
She has Anton as a partner, he usually gets the duffers.

There your go again, you little ray of sunshine. Spreading joy & kindness wherever you go :)

You know what I admire about you - you always find something kind to say :) you look for the good in everyone :)

Perhaps you could let us know when Anton last had a genuinely good partner? And I don't mean those who were kept in for a joke or because they liked Anton, but someone who progressed through to the finals by hard work and improvement.

I honestly can't think of one for quite a number of years .

Perhaps you could let us know when Anton last had a genuinely good partner? And I don't mean those who were kept in for a joke or because they liked Anton, but someone who progressed through to the finals by hard work and improvement.

I honestly can't think of one for quite a number of years .

It would seem to be like the crime shows where the most famous guest star is the villain! Such a shame they don't mix it up more and not have it so obvious even before the show is properly underway who the show runner has assessed as being someone without potential to bloom. When it's one of the men it seems to go much better for them. Despite not being a regular follower, I did see some of Anne Widdecombe's performances. Ruth will fare better, I think, if she throws herself into it and leaves dignity at the door. People may laugh at her, but will laugh with her if she laughs at herself.

My new name for her is The Hooked Claw!!!:mysmilie_17: The death grip she had on his shoulder.

As for the best partner Anton has had, yes years back the actress from one of the hospital soaps I think? That was the year of P gate when he said oh it was a joke she didn't take it like that. She showed real promise and he seemed so happy, then he used the P word to her and she just lost all will. Not that I am surprised, he burnt his chance of ever getting a job as a judge or co present the show after that.

I continue to enjoy the Ruth and Jackie show. They have done their homework on this, and unlike the recent autumn fashion shows the models do look OK, even the plus models: the outfits look wearable, and more classic, and mercifully whoever is helping with styling the outfits has a brief which reins in their wilder flights of fancy!

I cannot help feeling that the timing for the current weekly shows is to coincide with Strictly and enable Ruth to access another voter base. I don't watch Strictly, but I suspect Ruth may be an early exit once voting kicks in... She doesn't strike me as a dancer. I'm happy to be proved wrong, though, and wish her luck.

I have watched some of their shows and have to say I've quite enjoyed their banter and description of the fashions!

One of the recent shows in fact was rather funny, as both seemed quite relaxed and giggling at silly things, which I think is easy to watch! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back