Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And so it begins, QVC's annual Christmas balls up.

So we have people receiving smashed mince pies, three so far as they are not packed properly.

The infamous meat hamper is starting its annual shout out. Yes, people getting messages saying they would be delivered yesterday and waiting and waiting to phone CS and told yes delivered on the 7th. Now it turns out they have changed and it is actually next week they will be delivered.

You would really think people would learn after this happens year after year after year after year. It always goes wrong.

More fool them.

More fool them.

I've also run out of sympathy with those "suffering". Why didn't they do some research? Time after time, year after year, the same problems and complaints all over QVC social media, website and other site's QVC threads. It's not difficult to see the danger signs, or find good alternatives at good prices.

Rylan is such a bellend......Rylan isn't even his real name - he changed from the name given to him to become his current pretentious made- up- name- bolloxfest...(I can't even think of a name for such conceited f*ckwittary as his)

Please don't let Chunts be on with him...she'll be right up his arse (along with rylan's own head) like a rat up a drain pipe.

:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17: Hadn't seen this man before he appeared on Q but he does seem a bit plastic. Would anyone in their right mind pay £150 for a candle??

CC

And so it begins, QVC's annual Christmas balls up.

So we have people receiving smashed mince pies, three so far as they are not packed properly.

The infamous meat hamper is starting its annual shout out. Yes, people getting messages saying they would be delivered yesterday and waiting and waiting to phone CS and told yes delivered on the 7th. Now it turns out they have changed and it is actually next week they will be delivered.

You would really think people would learn after this happens year after year after year after year. It always goes wrong.

More fun for us.......:mysmilie_11:

A woman who has been a loyal good customer over the years is refusing to shop with QVC again.

They have accused her of lying over a missing parcel?

Not sure if it is something really expensive or just having to sign the letter it has not turned up?

From the many posts on Arsebook Q seem to take the defensive attitude of the customer being guilty until proven innocent.

I think in the old days there seemed to be far fewer parcels missing in action so it was relatively easy for them to be more helpful but now it seems to be a fairly high percentage go AWOL so even the extortionate postage doesn’t cover the losses making them much harder to convince.

I think the first sign of me falling out of luvvv with Q happened years ago when I returned a piece of jewellery outside 30days but within the year guarantee they used to have. Denied all knowledge of receiving it.

The high-end brands now sell and push how you can buy from them of course if they start getting lost QVC will not play nice. The couriers get paid peanuts to deliver so they will just leave stuff at the door and go. My Hermes woman(I get my cat food delivered every month), told me she has 200 parcels a day to deliver since Black Friday week!

The high-end brands now sell and push how you can buy from them of course if they start getting lost QVC will not play nice. The couriers get paid peanuts to deliver so they will just leave stuff at the door and go. My Hermes woman(I get my cat food delivered every month), told me she has 200 parcels a day to deliver since Black Friday week!

I think they get paid per parcel, so more parcels=more money?

Wow she must be working till 10pm... & have a helicopter lol
It’s a push to do 95 - 120 deliveries
Yes paid by parcel ... hence can leave in a safe place , if return with parcel not gonna get paid for second attempt of delivery ..some retailers also fine for non delivery
plus for example 30 ppl not in that means 30 less deliveries you can’t do next day , and so it keeps rolling over.
Pittance per delivery , petrol , insurance , stressful driving around lus collections to do by a certain time,
A little Christmas Thankyou & juice & chocolate gift would be welcomed by drivers
Unless of course you are wanna gift a dyson :mysmilie_19:

I think that is why you get so many fly by night characters especially at peak times. They realise it’s not easy to make it pay so over the hedge they go (or sold down the pub).

The lady we have now has been doing it for some time I wonder if they get an area where neighbours take in parcels or items are safe to leave does it make it easier to make it pay. I imagine some areas would be a nightmare.

QVC have no need to charge their ridiculously high delivery charges. Like a lot of large companies they will have negotiated a business contract rate with their couriers and Royal Mail. My son used to deal with such contracts when he worked for UPS. The companies pay a large yearly lump sum which gives the courier firm or RM a large cash injection and in return the likes of QVC can send their parcels much cheaper than you and I pay. The more parcels they send then the cheaper it costs per parcel because thei lump sum contract payment covers them whether they send a few hundred or several thousand. That`s why when you receive a parcel directly from Q`s warehouse you will never see a postage price on it even if sent through Royal Mail.

Now folks have you not read Liamx and Brianx who have repeatedly told us that the extra covers insurance and warehouse overheads.

Amazing how Amazon, Next, Marks etc all must be operating out of an unmanned, unheated, uninsured shed since they don’t charge or else cap postage.

Just multiply the thousands of packages per day by an average of £4 and that is big money - no wonder their operation is based on “free” profit and they will never give it up.

Q will have pocketed almost £750,000.00 in P & P charges on the recent Elemis TSV alone. Staggering when you think about it really.

Latest posts

Back