Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not the usual FB comments we normally refer to on here, but still Q relevant in a way.

I've just watched Caroline Hirons latest 'empties' video, where she talks about hair products.
Almost at the start of the video, she mentions a very famous person (not named) who launched their haircare range on Qvc......whilst wearing a wig. :mysmilie_506:

Who could this be ??

Well, there is Tova, she admits wearing wigs after cancer and did launch hair care back in the day.

Next suspect is Lulu, who I do think it could well be.

Had a quick look at the video. Lulu!:wonder::wonder:

Not the usual FB comments we normally refer to on here, but still Q relevant in a way.

I've just watched Caroline Hirons latest 'empties' video, where she talks about hair products.
Almost at the start of the video, she mentions a very famous person (not named) who launched their haircare range on Qvc......whilst wearing a wig. :mysmilie_506:

Who could this be ??

Liz Earle ? I can’t remember when she stopped appearing on Q.

Liz only appeared on QVC very rarely like once or twice a year for the last few years she was still contracted to work for them. Caroline did most of the shows and new launches think she launched the hair care range?

Well, there is Tova, she admits wearing wigs after cancer and did launch hair care back in the day.

Next suspect is Lulu, who I do think it could well be.

Had a quick look at the video. Lulu!:wonder::wonder:

That's shocking! Sooo naughty & shouldn't be allowed..It's like selling your own anti ageing skincare when you've had a facelift

Two different women complaining about getting Auto deliveries they have not ordered.

Both Nails Inc and one also getting SBC. Both women swear they did not click or use the auto delivery option.

Two different women complaining about getting Auto deliveries they have not ordered.

Both Nails Inc and one also getting SBC. Both women swear they did not click or use the auto delivery option.
It’s a really easy mistake to make on the app though. I’ve nearly ordered AD a couple of times without realising.

I find some of the FB posts totally ridiculous but the following one is worrying & this person needs to get advice sooner rather than later.

'Well ladies iv been spending loads on q i owe £450 its getting out of controll..iv been in tears becouse im a shoppaholic iv been like this for years i had to turn to a friend hes gonna pay off my debt bless him...a leson learn not to order stuff i don't really need...sometimes its hard i have everything in my home...so now i have to sit on my hands or not watch q for a while lets hope i can do thisxx'

I find some of the FB posts totally ridiculous but the following one is worrying & this person needs to get advice sooner rather than later.

'Well ladies iv been spending loads on q i owe £450 its getting out of controll..iv been in tears becouse im a shoppaholic iv been like this for years i had to turn to a friend hes gonna pay off my debt bless him...a leson learn not to order stuff i don't really need...sometimes its hard i have everything in my home...so now i have to sit on my hands or not watch q for a while lets hope i can do thisxx'

No! I'm shopperholic. :mysmilie_17: I can't read fb posts anymore but I hope her next sentence is going to be QVC (of herself) has closed her account.

I read this post and thought, WOW!!! The £450 if owed to QVC much be all easy pay? I know we had a member here who admitted having a problem with easy pay but after posting about it was getting a handle on all of them. Hope she is still doing well?

Strangely excess shopping addiction is classed in the same area as gamblers. Its all about the thrill and sometimes not even owning the stuff you buy. As people said on the Facebook post QVC are not there to help you they just want you to buy from them nothing else.

I read this post and thought, WOW!!! The £450 if owed to QVC much be all easy pay? I know we had a member here who admitted having a problem with easy pay but after posting about it was getting a handle on all of them. Hope she is still doing well?

Strangely excess shopping addiction is classed in the same area as gamblers. Its all about the thrill and sometimes not even owning the stuff you buy. As people said on the Facebook post QVC are not there to help you they just want you to buy from them nothing else.

Thanks Donna255, that was me and I'd paid them all off and cancelled all my ADs...and now I'm back up to £350 (including easy pays and ADs for stuff I have no need of), so I'm hopping back on that wagon sharpish as this is ridiculous on my part!!!

Reading that post on FB struck a real chord with me, it's definitely a problem I have and whilst I can technically afford what I owe, it doesn't make the situation acceptable and I need to get a grip.

Thanks Donna255, that was me and I'd paid them all off and cancelled all my ADs...and now I'm back up to £350 (including easy pays and ADs for stuff I have no need of), so I'm hopping back on that wagon sharpish as this is ridiculous on my part!!!

Reading that post on FB struck a real chord with me, it's definitely a problem I have and whilst I can technically afford what I owe, it doesn't make the situation acceptable and I need to get a grip.

Aw I hope you can hop back on, firstly cancel the AD, by your own admittance you don't need the stuff so although it won't instantly clear the £350, it's a start, good luck. :mysmilie_3:

Tarketta, your honesty is humbling. I'd imagine most of us have watched the TV programmes with Alvin Hall & others that showed people who had consumer debts caused by being enticed into spending & then over spending. There's something very satisfying about walking out of a shop with a bag of nice things or opening a parcel & selly telly presenters are trained experts in the subliminal art of making us 'need' something. Personally I'm pleased that I dislike most of them so won't buy from 'their' show - petty I know but I only buy from the website, never ADs & then usually find the item elsewhere for cheaper. Very occasionally I see something on the Q that is a bargain, the Big Deal boots from Clarks are the best price I've seen so I'll buy them because I spend the autumn & winter in ankle boots. You're stronger than the Q, you can do it!

Tarketta, your honesty is humbling. I'd imagine most of us have watched the TV programmes with Alvin Hall & others that showed people who had consumer debts caused by being enticed into spending & then over spending. There's something very satisfying about walking out of a shop with a bag of nice things or opening a parcel & selly telly presenters are trained experts in the subliminal art of making us 'need' something. Personally I'm pleased that I dislike most of them so won't buy from 'their' show - petty I know but I only buy from the website, never ADs & then usually find the item elsewhere for cheaper. Very occasionally I see something on the Q that is a bargain, the Big Deal boots from Clarks are the best price I've seen so I'll buy them because I spend the autumn & winter in ankle boots. You're stronger than the Q, you can do it!

Thanks Twilight, this forum and its forumites are a real gem. I'm embarrassed that I've got myself into this situation again, but fessing up was a relief and steps have now been taken to nip it all in the bud. :mysmilie_50:

'Thanks Twilight, this forum and its forumites are a real gem. I'm embarrassed that I've got myself into this situation again, but fessing up was a relief and steps have now been taken to nip it all in the bud.'

My latest embarrassment was last Wednesday when I went to my nephew's wedding :heart: I danced the night away with my husband & the friends of the groom - all gorgeous young men who had been students at my last school. As we left the naughtiest of them all said "I always knew there was a dark side to you" THAT is embarrassing.

Thanks Twilight, this forum and its forumites are a real gem. I'm embarrassed that I've got myself into this situation again, but fessing up was a relief and steps have now been taken to nip it all in the bud. :mysmilie_50:

Don't be too hard on yourself you know, it's an easy situation to get yourself in, knowing you've got a problem is the first step to getting help, and I know we all wish you good luck :mysmilie_3:

'Thanks Twilight, this forum and its forumites are a real gem. I'm embarrassed that I've got myself into this situation again, but fessing up was a relief and steps have now been taken to nip it all in the bud.'

My latest embarrassment was last Wednesday when I went to my nephew's wedding :heart: I danced the night away with my husband & the friends of the groom - all gorgeous young men who had been students at my last school. As we left the naughtiest of them all said "I always knew there was a dark side to you" THAT is embarrassing.

That’s not embarrassing, it’s something to be PROUD of !

Latest posts

Back