Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A woman has posted a photo of a box containing 'Abschmink & Waschpads' & all the writing on the box is in German. She asked the following question: "I Have Bought This Product and I would like More Information if Anyone can help me". Do these people live on a different planet from me?

I thought it was me being thick!

Ms Huntley the Elder doing her customary trick & ordering while at work. The item was limited stock so even more mean spirited than usual.

Ms Huntley the Elder doing her customary trick & ordering while at work. The item was limited stock so even more mean spirited than usual.

Just goes to show that the fact she was allowed to do it, shows nothing but lack of respect for every QVC customer.

She has done it many times before and I remember a thread on here about a TSV that sold out just after midnight she ordered on air some years back.

Yeah I remember that Donna, she’s just not very nice for want of a better word, is there no one at QVC that cares enough to take control......obviously not. :mysmilie_17:

Yeah I remember that Donna, she’s just not very nice for want of a better word, is there no one at QVC that cares enough to take control......obviously not. :mysmilie_17:
You've summed up both her & QVC, Shopps. I sent them yet another email about this, more in hope than expectation that something will be done.

You've summed up both her & QVC, Shopps. I sent them yet another email about this, more in hope than expectation that something will be done.

They’d be a fool not to take notice T, they only need to read Truspilot to see that the majority of people agree, and they’re probably wondering why their profits have headed south. QVC is definitely now like one of those lotions and potions in clearance, well past it’s sell by.

I think it has become a bit of a curate's egg. For people who used to buy loads of items from Q as their main retailer, it is well past its best. You can get better from others. But for some brands and deals, they give really good value. But I assume a business cannot prosper based on just the better TSVs!!

I think it has become a bit of a curate's egg. For people who used to buy loads of items from Q as their main retailer, it is well past its best. You can get better from others. But for some brands and deals, they give really good value. But I assume a business cannot prosper based on just the better TSVs!!
I am buying less and less. Yes, I am bored with most products that they sell but for me the final straw has been the presenters. They definitely bore me. Most have become unwatchable, full of themselves and I honestly don’t like them. Why would I waste my time watching self obsessed sales assistants? I fear that QVC by ignoring the views of their customers will face a huge loss in sales in the next few years.

I noticed that Katy P answered a question that Liamx wasn’t able to do so at least there is 1 who reads the posts.

Now I don’t know what is worse, reading the complaints and ignoring the fundamental problems or acting like ostriches (or unicorns!) and keeping their heads in the sand and believing that all customers are on cloud 9 and in luvvv with all things Q.

I am buying less and less. Yes, I am bored with most products that they sell but for me the final straw has been the presenters. They definitely bore me. Most have become unwatchable, full of themselves and I honestly don’t like them. Why would I waste my time watching self obsessed sales assistants? I fear that QVC by ignoring the views of their customers will face a huge loss in sales in the next few years.

I’m painting this weekend and literally watching the paint dry is more exciting than Q and it’s present products and presenters.

Oh yes, Evie, you are quite right. I almost never watch a show in real time now. I get the news of what is due on from here and record it! Even Yankee Candles are whizzed through if I am not interested in the item. Ditto Molton Brown and any other beauty brand I might be interested in. I sometimes have a quick look between TV shows or in the ad break.

I think most of us have had a wake-up call on the amount we have spent during our time watching and shopping at QVC. Comparing notes with other forumites who have found other stockists, or similar products has been invaluable. But also doing the maths of adding up the postage charges. QVC need to understand that you just can't get away with that in today's market.

You are spot on. The most I can stomach these days with the sound on is about a minute. If I'm interested in the products I might keep it on but muted until I can see the product... but really putting the sound on these days is very unlikely to deliver actual information about the product!

I noticed that Katy P answered a question that Liamx wasn’t able to do so at least there is 1 who reads the posts.

Now I don’t know what is worse, reading the complaints and ignoring the fundamental problems or acting like ostriches (or unicorns!) and keeping their heads in the sand and believing that all customers are on cloud 9 and in luvvv with all things Q.

QVC like to sit in the echo-chamber where everyone loves them, wouldn't shop anywhere else, can't understand the "haters". If they want to be a dodo, they should carry one listening to the echo chamber... but if they want to be a survival story, they need to listen to the critics too. They will often get some constructive criticism, with practical suggestions of how to do things differently on here.

I had a look as a guest yesterday and someone has decided it would be a good idea to ask QVC to re-direct an order to a different address and has then put the full address online for all to see. Other posters have told her to take the post down, which should be an obvious thing to do.

Now ..... maybe I'm being sceptical, but don't most people have access to a phone or know someone who does? 99% of people would know to ring CS to change the details, although it can be done online, rather than letting the world and his wife know where you live.

And the full address was still there this morning.

I think they have this strange idea that QVC social media team are there to do stuff for the customers.:mysmilie_19: Like perhaps help! The endless questions about products that they will get back to the questioner asap. But days later still not answered they had started answering the 'When Is Laura Geller BnB Back In Stock? Because so many are asking but the answer is we cannot confirm a date.

I do agree with you they just cannot get their heads around phoning QVC CS themselves. We have seen that one endlessly too.

I've just read a host of comments from yesterday responding to a post about how boring QVC is now compared with how it was back in the day. Lack of imagination & no longer selling quality brands sums up La Q.

I have been checking my shade of BM foundation to come back in stock for weeks so now have ordered elsewhere online & saved the p&p.I fell for a LR necklace a couple of weeks ago though I needed to spoil myself as if! Liked it but thought nah not worth that cost even on EZP so have returned, cost £7:40 total waste of time & money.

I have been checking my shade of BM foundation to come back in stock for weeks so now have ordered elsewhere online & saved the p&p.I fell for a LR necklace a couple of weeks ago though I needed to spoil myself as if! Liked it but thought nah not worth that cost even on EZP so have returned, cost £7:40 total waste of time & money.

You can get your original P & P back Silver Fox if you just looked at the LR necklace and didn't like it. I always ask for mine back if that is the case.

'Has anyone else had terrible trouble with qvc customer services regarding faulty or damaged goods mainly lola rose?? ive had another 4 items this past week and they treat like shite when i ring up about it like its my fault ☹️ a manager has even put a note on my account for the advisors not to send me replacements until they have had there faulty item/s back first 😠 so not only do i pay then wait 3/5 days for my item if its damaged or faulty which isnt my error i have to wait a further 5 days to get a return label then about week or more to receive a item in good condition i should of had in the first place, absolutely raging with qvc right now and your policys stink 😔 you cant treat customers like this 😡'
Mrs Angry is either blinded by fury or just too dense to consider shopping elsewhere. To be honest as much as I slate the Q I've never received a large number of faulty/damaged items & every piece of Lola Rose I own, from them or elsewhere, is perfect. I also wonder how she knows that her account has been noted by a manager. The Q's fb page is value for money & always worth a look.

Now on the Facebook pages over the past months' posts appearing about how unhelpful and rude the CS staff are to people phoning up with problems and damaged goods. And they will no longer shop with them.

Twilight, Mrs Angry the penny has just not dropped yet.

Latest posts

Back