Social Media - That was an eyeopener - Page 365





Page 365 of 451 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4504
  1. #3641
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just asked hubby said he’s never taken it as % taken by them always been high
    Thanks donna255 thanked for this post
    Likes shopperholic liked this post
     

  2. #3642
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes, my vet has a notice up for over a year saying sorry then no longer accept AMEX.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post
     

  3. #3643
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've just had a little.stroll round the FB page and it seems the new garden man, Michael, is popular. However, Richard Jackson was on as a guest today and said to Michael and Craig "if I could get a word in edgeways", not once but twice in about five minutes. This has not gone down well. Now I don't watch the gardening shows but whenever I have seen Richard Jackson he seems to talk over everyone! Pot. Kettle.
     

  4. #3644
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    who are these numpty's who take to fake book every time somebody farts? Why? Who gives a shite? Actually, I'm glad they do as it provides entertainment, but really?
    I wonder what they/most of the British public would do sans phone? Have a conversation - God forbid?
    Phones are used for everything now except talking......
    Likes candycane, ERICS MUM liked this post
     

  5. #3645
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    I've just had a little.stroll round the FB page and it seems the new garden man, Michael, is popular. However, Richard Jackson was on as a guest today and said to Michael and Craig "if I could get a word in edgeways", not once but twice in about five minutes. This has not gone down well. Now I don't watch the gardening shows but whenever I have seen Richard Jackson he seems to talk over everyone! Pot. Kettle.
    So he's not enjoying playing second fiddle then? No surprise there. Still trying to throw his weight around and making nasty digs at his "co-stars" while on air. Some things never change.



    I think Michael is doing a great job so far. He lets the guests speak and shine, which is more than RJ could bear to do. Obviously it's early days, so fingers crossed that the first impression are accurate.
    Likes ERICS MUM liked this post
     

  6. #3646
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    RJ Mr Flower Power should have retired and let the new guy get on with it.I rarely watch the gardening shows just the odd few seconds but cannot understand why people just do not by locally unless it is very difficult for them.All that expensive bird feed, Flower Power & the like & yesterday compost!

  7. #3647
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can't seem to get back into the gardening shows, any time I have had a look see either the gnome RJ or my unwatchable CR are on set with Michael.
    Likes shopperholic , ERICS MUM liked this post
     

  8. #3648
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
    I can't seem to get back into the gardening shows, any time I have had a look see either the gnome RJ or my unwatchable CR are on set with Michael.
    All 3 were on together during one show I saw over the weekend. They could have dispensed with 2 of them.
     

  9. #3649
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SisterBliss View Post
    who are these numpty's who take to fake book every time somebody farts? Why? Who gives a shite? Actually, I'm glad they do as it provides entertainment, but really?
    I wonder what they/most of the British public would do sans phone? Have a conversation - God forbid?
    Phones are used for everything now except talking......
    It gets my goat, constant facebook, phones, apps, hysteria if someone arrives at work sans phone? Screeeeaaamm Ohhhhh Noooo I HAVE TO GO HOME IMMEDIATELY TO GET MY PHONE. Er, no, there's one on your desk. Meeting a friend who can't be arsed to make eye contact with you and taps away at their phone as if being in your company is a complete inconvenience. My phone makes/receives texts and calls and costs me around 10 to top up every couple of months. I really do think some people are addicted, Mr CC included.

    CC
    Likes SisterBliss liked this post
     

  10. #3650
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candycane View Post
    It gets my goat, constant facebook, phones, apps, hysteria if someone arrives at work sans phone? Screeeeaaamm Ohhhhh Noooo I HAVE TO GO HOME IMMEDIATELY TO GET MY PHONE. Er, no, there's one on your desk. Meeting a friend who can't be arsed to make eye contact with you and taps away at their phone as if being in your company is a complete inconvenience. My phone makes/receives texts and calls and costs me around 10 to top up every couple of months. I really do think some people are addicted, Mr CC included.

    CC
    It gets my goat too, but these things are addictive aren't they? And if you have never lived without social meeja, then I guess it's hard to do without. I use my iPad and mobile almost exclusively at home! I never take the phone on short shopping trips etc and always make a conscious choice to take it with me. So if I'm meeting someone I will have it to text in case there are travel problems etc but I never take it on my most frequent outings, which are to the theatre. Because I just know that the little beggar will suddenly develop a life of its own and start to make a noise mid-show, however I have set it. But then I am retired and I think I would always have something with me if I were at work. And I sometimes think my use of the iPad is getting a bit OTT, not that I use it much compared to people on Twitter etc. I don't do any social meeja unless we include this forum and one other similar. I just cannot believe the world would be remotely interested in me suddenly announcing what I am having for breakfast!
    Likes AndiK , candycane, SisterBliss liked this post
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •