Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yesterday I raised elsethread that they had called a 1900ml bottle "about a gallon" when in fact it is less than half a gallon. I am pleased to see someone has raised that on FB. But then someone else came on and said that is because they meant the US gallon (which I very much doubt as it was Del Boy who said it not the Philosophy guest), and it comes to over a half gallon, so that was OK, and and she wouldn't give up on the point! Eventually the first woman said that whether or not the ml figure came to over or under a US or UK half gallon was irrelevant as they had said it was nearly a gallon.

I cannot understand why these doughty defenders leap in when this was clearly an incorrect statement. I am glad the first poster held her ground.

I have not seen the post in question yet . Obviously the person was quite correct to raise the point as the volume of product being stated by the presenter was incorrect.Why these people defend this company and all who work in it makes me wonder.They do it even when people have legitimate problems or queries. Very strange .If they think they will get anything from it I doubt it.Q are loathe to even hand out money off vouchers for a tenner!

No wonder there are so many complaints about the sizing of QVC clothes, seen as though the majority of the clothes are from the U.S of A, a "foot" must only consist of 10 inches and 12 "pounds" in a stone. I don't know why the diehards are defending the blatant lies of QVC, or should I say Fibby Flint in particular, because I'm pretty sure that the customer if told a product is almost a gallon, would expect it be almost a gallon.

So much negativity on the Spellmans thread on the main Q page. It's a wonder Q have allowed them.

The US gallon is smaller than a UK gallon.

The photo gives the facts, but 1900ml is not even near a US gallon

Someone else can do the arithmetic IMG_3984.jpg

Have just seen the Speakmans pretending to be Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers on some daft programme called Guess the Star and presented by Jonathan Ross and how can you now take them seriously ? I wonder what the Facebook lot will make it ?

The "Speakmans" give me the heebeejeebees, they look like they're recruiting for the QVC cult............I said CULT!........then again. :mysmilie_17:

Have just seen the Speakmans pretending to be Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers on some daft programme called Guess the Star and presented by Jonathan Ross and how can you now take them seriously ? I wonder what the Facebook lot will make it ?

Before they even appeared most showed an unusual amount of sense by ridiculing Q for even thinking about it but ofcourse there were the few happyclappy ones who seem to think that they were doing it out of the goodness of their heart rather than flogging their wares.

Yes, I noticed the happy-clappers saying people they had changed lives and the mockers were evil and nasty.

Only a few came out to defend, the rest must be due another batch of the cool aid.

There is a woman for the past few months keeps popping up telling QVC they need to stock ICE watches. The way she writes actually comes across like advertising for them. Back again today said she spoke to ICE and they would come to QVC if asked, oh they do styles to suit everyone. Someone has replied saying they are not that great as she owns one and they where popular ages ago. :mysmilie_19:

I mean really they have a snowball's chance in hell of QVC stocking ICE. Even if they do work for the company(ICE), QVC will do the usual 'We will pass on your message to our buyers.' , where it disappears down the black hole with the other people telling them to stock X, Y, and Z.

But I have noticed them popping up with the ICE request a few times over the months. If I remember I actually went and looked at the brand I think they are like Swatch(remember them)? Just went and had a Google yes Swatch or even QVC's own Gossip range. Argo sells them.

I have noticed that Q haven't replied to Pat asking about returning her Christmas trees under the 30 day MBG

QVC probably think aye! aye! how do we get out of this one without everyone sending their overpriced Christmas trees back now they're not needed? oh poop! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back