Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

“Thank you for being you”.....Oh.....my.....gawd! :mysmilie_507:

Indeed. I mean, FFS!!!!

Chuntley just loves posing sexually and loves being lusted after, she’d get a lot more money and recognition in “top shelf” magazines than QVC, both her and Claire Sutton look so out of place with their knockers out, flirting and acting all girly wirly on a shopping channel, just doesn’t look right.

Knockers! yipeeeeee!:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_14:

Chuntley just loves posing sexually and loves being lusted after, she’d get a lot more money and recognition in “top shelf” magazines than QVC, both her and Claire Sutton look so out of place with their knockers out, flirting and acting all girly wirly on a shopping channel, just doesn’t look right.

Readers Wives?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a big hoo ha going on about trolling. Someone posted that the page used to be a joy to read, friendly, no negativity or vitriol, but now presenters are insulted, goods for sale are vilified etc etc. Some people have pointed out that poor service and presenting warrant criticism, but others maintain it is no longer done in a polite way. Now, whereas I do think some posters there have drunk the Koolaid, I had noticed a huge increase in criticism and indeed minor rows between posters. Mind you I don't look all that often, but I have never seen anything too spiteful, no swearing etc.

"Pat" has posted, and been called out as an ST Forum plant!!!!!!! That led a couple to ask what the ST Forum was but not being a member of FB I couldn't direct them here.

So having read the post and the 30 comments, it struck me as a rallying call to maintain a positive view of the Q on the page and stop bitching (aka raising valid issues because it is a moderated site so I can't see that trolling would be allowed would it?).

What’s the point of a forum if you can’t air your views and dislikes ? QVC should be grateful for the constructive criticisM. It would cost them a fortune to gather similar feedback by questionnaire. If they were really interested in keeping customers satisfied they would take notice of the comments and address the most “popular”.

There's a big hoo ha going on about trolling. Someone posted that the page used to be a joy to read, friendly, no negativity or vitriol, but now presenters are insulted, goods for sale are vilified etc etc. Some people have pointed out that poor service and presenting warrant criticism, but others maintain it is no longer done in a polite way. Now, whereas I do think some posters there have drunk the Koolaid, I had noticed a huge increase in criticism and indeed minor rows between posters. Mind you I don't look all that often, but I have never seen anything too spiteful, no swearing etc.

"Pat" has posted, and been called out as an ST Forum plant!!!!!!! That led a couple to ask what the ST Forum was but not being a member of FB I couldn't direct them here.

So having read the post and the 30 comments, it struck me as a rallying call to maintain a positive view of the Q on the page and stop bitching (aka raising valid issues because it is a moderated site so I can't see that trolling would be allowed would it?).

Had to laugh, person naming people from here, is a member here, has not posted in years but occasionally logs in and back in days they used to take delight in letting me know what things were being said about this forum over on FB..................yet now they are happy to slate this forum. :giggle::thinking::taphead:

What a palaver :mysmilie_13: I love the comment that the presenters will be hurt when reading negative comments on the fb page, don't be daft they're too busy loving all the sycophantic ones on Instagram to bother with the dinosaur of the social media world.

I remember not long after I started on STF, there was a poster that had an avatar of a moving yellow duck, and I’m not kidding you every time I posted she didn’t half go in, came to a point every time I saw those flapping yellow wings, I logged off. She honestly scared the living daylights out of me :mysmilie_17:

They won’t be hurt. The majority are so aggressively self obsessed and driven by satisfying their greed that they will dismiss accurately observed comments. Their perception will be that we are jealous of them! Nothing could be further from the truth. We want to telly shop and they have been allowed to turn each sales presentation ( I hate the way they refer to it as their show ) into their personal opportunity to show off and bore us with insights into their lives thus spoiling our shopping experience. Why would I care about their family, businesses, holidays, that they have eaten out, been for a run, decorated their kitchen........? Oh yes, I am so jealous and that’s why I am critical!

What a palaver :mysmilie_13: I love the comment that the presenters will be hurt when reading negative comments on the fb page, don't be daft they're too busy loving all the sycophantic ones on Instagram to bother with the dinosaur of the social media world.

Someone suggested reading comments on the FB page might have made Jill F ill and that’s why she’s not on at the moment.

I found the posts and comments last night but think the whole “thread” (is it called a thread on FB?) has been removed. Well, it did get quite personal.

Someone suggested reading comments on the FB page might have made Jill F ill and that’s why she’s not on at the moment.

I found the posts and comments last night but think the whole “thread” (is it called a thread on FB?) has been removed. Well, it did get quite personal.

And I'd only just answered the question about "What is ST" by giving a link to this forum. Perhaps that's why it was closed ?

Is there any beginning? :mysmilie_15:

Oh,but she was a nail technician, don't you know. Do you have to study for that?

Had to laugh, person naming people from here, is a member here, has not posted in years but occasionally logs in and back in days they used to take delight in letting me know what things were being said about this forum over on FB..................yet now they are happy to slate this forum. :giggle::thinking::taphead:

That's a shame...I wonder what we/stf did to upset the person?

Best look out for Stan's coming on here, either to complain, or in 'undercover'....

I remember not long after I started on STF, there was a poster that had an avatar of a moving yellow duck, and I’m not kidding you every time I posted she didn’t half go in, came to a point every time I saw those flapping yellow wings, I logged off. She honestly scared the living daylights out of me :mysmilie_17:

I remember. Wasn't it 'Tiddlywanks'? :mysmilie_17: (This was in my observing phase.) No, I haven't been searching all members profiles to find this, I just have a Very good memory for useless info. As I recall Mrs, there were a few 'splats' between you & 'them?' & I believe you gave as good as you got......:mysmilie_17:

Well, as the poster followed the request with the “hearts for eyes” and “crying with laughter” emojis, I certainly saw it as a very tongue in cheek request.

finally! .....

I remember. Wasn't it 'Tiddlywanks'? :mysmilie_17: (This was in my observing phase.) No, I haven't been searching all members profiles to find this, I just have a Very good memory for useless info. As I recall Mrs, there were a few 'splats' between you & 'them?' & I believe you gave as good as you got......:mysmilie_17:

Yes that was it! What a good memory you have, that name sends shudders down my spine. Yes I did reply and hold my own but I never started any “spat” and as always I was never personal, the comments were about QVC, to be honest I couldn’t give a duck that she took an instant dislike to my comments, I was going to say me but she didn’t know me.

Some people do love to stir the pot in every walk of life and every environment. Let's face it, that appears to have been at the root of the long-haired YC brand ambassador having to part ways... some "friend" reporting comments made to his other half. I hope they were entertained by the drama, and not troubled by the fact that it might have contributed to ending the relationship with QVC.

In terms of forumites, I think it has calmed down considerably in recent months. No deliberately incendiary comments. It should always be possible to disagree courteously, and in general I think we do that on STF.

We can observe and comment on the silliness and sycophancy on "approved" and "official" Q social media. Why not? I'm encouraged to hear that there are shoots of realism on the Q social media... where people are calling out Q where it is valid to do so. Q should value this newfound independence of thought, as it could hold the clues to what they need to do better (or do at all).

I have a houseplant I call Pat. It's a mother-in-law's tongue. I'll leave you all to your own conclusions.

QVC are selling a bush trimmer

A neighbour had one of those topiary bushes in his front garden. He was gutted to wake up to it being headless due to vandals one morning.

CH had better be careful with that bush trimmer :mysmilie_11:

Oh,but she was a nail technician, don't you know. Do you have to study for that?

That's a shame...I wonder what we/stf did to upset the person?

Best look out for Stan's coming on here, either to complain, or in 'undercover'....

finally! .....

Oh, I can answer that one. My cousin works in Debenhams and her branch is closing so she has decided to become a nail technician. She had to do a course and past plus get a health and hygiene certificate before she could start adverting. She has set up in a spare room at home.

A neighbour had one of those topiary bushes in his front garden. He was gutted to wake up to it being headless due to vandals one morning.

CH had better be careful with that bush trimmer :mysmilie_11:
:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back