Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pat's back! Asking after Ralph & wanting more Dyson shows. As he's no longer with Honora maybe he could return to us demonstrating 'Advanced technology' vacuums etc.

Perhaps she went to the Galápagos Islands with her brother ?

So the big one at the moment is:

The new rules for Data Protection. Now I have been getting emails from companies I have shopped with or even just signed up for a newsletter with about this.

QVC it seems some customers are getting an opt-in email with a £10 voucher.

Now, I admit I actually got one on Friday. The £10 goes live with a code on the 5th June, you have to spend £20.01 to get it. I did ask elsewhere if anyone had got one and thought they said they got a £20 voucher, did the that is not fair I only got £10. Yes it was the spend of £20 :doh::doh:

This has started a number of threads on QVC Facebook the usual I am a loyal customer and never got a voucher I spend loads with them, others saying it's only those spending loads getting them.

Not me! I got an easy pay code for my birthday which I never used! They must be really worried I am not shopping with them!

The new rules for Data Protection. Now I have been getting emails from companies I have shopped with or even just signed up for a newsletter with about this.

Now, I admit I actually got one on Friday. The £10 goes live with a code on the 5th June, you have to spend £20.01 to get it. I did ask elsewhere if anyone had got one and thought they said they got a £20 voucher, did the that is not fair I only got £10. Yes it was the spend of £20 :doh::doh:

This has started a number of threads on QVC Facebook the usual I am a loyal customer and never got a voucher I spend loads with them, others saying it's only those spending loads getting them.

Not me! I got an easy pay code for my birthday which I never used! They must be really worried I am not shopping with them!

I have been using the opportunity to unsubscribe from loads, including the QVC newsletter.

It seems people fall into three categories, those that got email with £10 voucher offer, those that got email with no voucher and then those who didn't get any email at all!!!

I didn't get email. My mum got it and it had voucher offer.

I unsubscribed from Q's endless spam emails ages ago so no code for me (I'd want a lot more than a tenner off to put up with those emails) but the folks on FB just don't seem to get it - I'd imagine it's pretty simple in Q's eyes:

people who spend a lot and don't return much/people who used to do that - £10 voucher
people who spend a lot and return a lot - no voucher
people who don't spend much - no voucher

I unsubscribed from Q's endless spam emails ages ago so no code for me (I'd want a lot more than a tenner off to put up with those emails) but the folks on FB just don't seem to get it - I'd imagine it's pretty simple in Q's eyes:

people who spend a lot and don't return much/people who used to do that - £10 voucher
people who spend a lot and return a lot - no voucher
people who don't spend much - no voucher

Or me - people who don’t spend much and don’t return much - £10 voucher

I haven't had an email from them. To be honest, I've no idea what I signed up for but I only get emails about the daily TSV which I usually just delete because I know about it already from this forum. I don't get anything else from them apart from the QGossip one which I don't think I even get weekly any more - probably twice a month these days? I usually only skim through the latter in case there's anything I can take the pi55 out of in it, then delete it because it's just trumpet-blowing and stories of presenters' and guests' lives which I'm not remotely interested in.

If I get a £10 voucher (looks unlikely from the above), I'll probably use it as on a £20ish spend, I'd consider it worth it.

There is no consistency at all with this - I didn't get a voucher and I spend a fair bit with them. And yes, I feel pretty pi55ed off!

Also, is it even legal/ethical to offer people a bribe to stay in touch?

I only get the emails from QVC for the TSVs which I rarely open. But as I said have got quite a few from other companies telling me about the new rules coming in. No idea why I actually opened the QVC one, it might have said £10 voucher in the title?

The last time I bought from QVC was last year and it was Tarte Shape Tape which I love, well I think it was?

I haven`t had an email either with or without a voucher but to be honest I spend so little with them these days it doesn`t make a difference to me.

I only get the emails from QVC for the TSVs which I rarely open. But as I said have got quite a few from other companies telling me about the new rules coming in. No idea why I actually opened the QVC one, it might have said £10 voucher in the title?

The last time I bought from QVC was last year and it was Tarte Shape Tape which I love, well I think it was?

I've had loads of emails from other companies about the new data protection rules too, Donna. In some cases, you have to reply or click on something to stay subscribed so I've had a quick look at them all. My problem is, I'd like to receive far fewer emails from many companies but you either stay subscribed for everything or stop altogether, which is annoying because I like the odd message that tells me about something I'm actually interested in, or with a particularly good discount, for example. The ones that drive me mad with emails every flipping day and in many cases more than once a day are Lookfantastic and Groupon (the latter send me offers showing the same sodding items daily!).

I got the voucher and I have only spent £25 in the last year. If I can find something I want I will use it I don’t want to appear rude...

Last year I bought 3 things from QVC and I got the £10 voucher, the only one I have ever had from them since being a customer from the start.

Went and looked the last time I ordered was October and it was the Shay & Blue TVS.

I see once again someone asking when Birkenstocks will have shows on, also someone asking about No No.

Pat is back returning her Peter Kaiser shoes going to buy new tyres instead.

Are you selling Birkenstocks from another poster again?

Biggie is a row between a man telling all about Michelle Mone and her dirty history of voting against working people getting their entitled benefits. A woman is saying its only fake tan! He said he just wanted people to know what type of person she is. Others agreeing with him. Bet it gets deleted shortly.

Pat is back returning her Peter Kaiser shoes going to buy new tyres instead.

Are you selling Birkenstocks from another poster again?

Biggie is a row between a man telling all about Michelle Mone and her dirty history of voting against working people getting their entitled benefits. A woman is saying its only fake tan! He said he just wanted people to know what type of person she is. Others agreeing with him. Bet it gets deleted shortly.

She's really quite insufferable - her FB page is entitled 'Lady Mone' - I don't think she could be further up her own backside if she tried

https://www.facebook.com/michellemoneobe/?fref=nf

Andrew is back(he was the one telling people the truth about Mone), and saying what a pile of crap basically Yankee Candles are these days. Tunnelling, no smell etc. A few outraged Yankee fans are calling him out but others agreeing.

Latest posts

Back