Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She really needs to shut up. She knows everything. She is so calculating, you can see she is constantly using QVC to support her in her future projects. When the well paid job with freebies is no longer she wants to have ensured good publicity for the retreat and perhaps to have established herself as a social/political blogger. Give me strength! Who are these people? JR is now embarking on doing up her garden. She tells us that she will be writing a series of blogs about what to plant in her garden using QVC products. Yes, get the garden done with freebies. I get the feeling she wants to get as much as she can before retirement comes along. I hate witnessing greed.

She really needs to shut up. She knows everything. She is so calculating, you can see she is constantly using QVC to support her in her future projects. When the well paid job with freebies is no longer she wants to have ensured good publicity for the retreat and perhaps to have established herself as a social/political blogger. Give me strength! Who are these people? JR is now embarking on doing up her garden. She tells us that she will be writing a series of blogs about what to plant in her garden using QVC products. Yes, get the garden done with freebies. I get the feeling she wants to get as much as she can before retirement comes along. I hate witnessing greed.

Their take take take, greedy attitude is nauseating, why they think anyone cares about their house/garden/lives is a complete mystery, it really is.

There is a lot of anger towards Flinty on Facebook over the Brexit comments. QVC is a shopping channel to watch and relax(bet that went down well at QVC Towers:mysmilie_19: ), and not a political broadcast comment.

Also, someone said on her own blog she is very Brexit leave without a deal pro and even praised Mr Dyson for pulling out to of the UK and making and designing all his products in the Far East.

She is a total Cupid Stunt!

Just seen a Dyson ad on Irish Tv and JD himself has been reduced to doing the vacuuming! No little woman and her golden kids/dog/white furniture.

There is a lot of anger towards Flinty on Facebook over the Brexit comments. QVC is a shopping channel to watch and relax(bet that went down well at QVC Towers:mysmilie_19: ), and not a political broadcast comment.

Also, someone said on her own blog she is very Brexit leave without a deal pro and even praised Mr Dyson for pulling out to of the UK and making and designing all his products in the Far East.

She is a total Cupid Stunt!

You'd think as someone with an economics degree (?) she'd realise that brexit could screw our economy, etc etc. If she is a 'leaver' (I'm alright Jack) I've gone off her even more.

Just seen a Dyson ad on Irish Tv and JD himself has been reduced to doing the vacuuming! No little woman and her golden kids/dog/white furniture.

This could be cos of the new rules in ads re women doing all the housework.......(pleeeease)

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be cos of the new rules in ads re women doing all the housework.......(pleeeease)

Eh? I do do all the housework. I think the rules in my house are, one woman, one man, one dog in house, woman does housework. If man does housework, woman has to re-do it. If dog does housework, it's slightly better than when man does it.

CC

You'd think as someone with an economics degree (?) she'd realise that brexit could screw our economy, etc etc. If she is a 'leaver' (I'm alright Jack) I've gone off her even more.

What new ads? Cos Vicks didn't get the memo! I know it's not housework but a nauseatingly loving wife rubbing Vicks in a bloke's chest makes me want to boycott it (and throw up). Unfortunately, I've never found any replacement good enough.

Do Ant and Dec do the voice overs for one of those betting sites?

If I’m correct then it is a poor show considering one is struggling with an addiction albeit not gambling.

Personally I won’t give a celeb the time of day if they do money loans or betting adverts as I think the number of people getting caught up in easy on line betting is getting out of control.

Yes, they do the voice over for the betting site.

But don't care as they get their money.

Between the endless bingo ads and they forking death insurance! It is bet and lose your money and then die oh but make sure you have paid into our schemes. By the way in the very very small print you might not actually get the amount to cover your funeral if you do not live long enough to pay the correct amount in.:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51:

These ads are one reason why I try to stick to the BBC, and choose very carefully which programmes I definitely want to watch in the commercial channels. Luckily there’s not many, but I’m a fan of ITV’s drama series.

I have looked into those “no health check life insurances” for your funeral. The amount you get our wouldn’t even pay for the flowers never mind the actual funeral.

You would be better to just put it in a savings account, or better still buy an actual funeral plan with your local undertaker. Obviously more expensive but actually pays for the lot which you personally have pre chosen.

My father did this and it made the whole process so simple and I didn’t have to make decisions on what I thought he wanted. I would thoroughly recommend it if you want to take the burden off your family rather than help pay for a bum transplant for the likes of CV.

If I picked it up correctly she was able to tell that she was the 3rd recipient.

I remember reading ages ago how to tell if it was returns (bar code?) but how did she know how old it was?

There was a photo on her post which showed the label on the packaging which had the date 26/09/2016 on it. It beggars belief to be honest. Quality? No. Value? Probably not? Convenience? Absolutely not.

Maybe they should change their name to some other acronym?

I have looked into those “no health check life insurances” for your funeral. The amount you get our wouldn’t even pay for the flowers never mind the actual funeral.

Why do people have flowers at funerals? I don't want a single one. If people can't buy me flowers when I'm alive then please do not waste money on them when I'm dead. I can't see them. When we visit the crem (Mr CC's mum) I see hundreds of pounds worth of flowers just lying rotting in the courtyard. What's the point? That money pays for the service/coffin/minister etc instead. Sorry, not wishing to offend anyone that wants flowers or think it's respectful. I do have a death plan and it is enough for the basics.

CC

I feel the same when you see thousands of flowers at tragedy scenes. Yes ok for the families to lay a small token on the spot but hundreds of people who don’t even know those involved? The only people benefiting is florist shops, better to give it to charity.

Again for funerals one on the coffin from the family (otherwise it can look a bit bare) but for me those huge ones in the shape of something is not something I would want. But each to their own.

Totally agree about the tragedy thing if you don't even know the person. Please don't think I'm heartless because that wouldn't be true.

CC

I can’t stand those wreaths that spell out a name or mum, brother etc. I’ve said if anyone bought one of those when I die I will come back and haunt them.
When there have been tragedies you sometimes see footage on the news of people turning up with all the family like it’s some kind of big day out. I really don’t understand why people would take their small children, it just doesn’t seem right.

Here in Northern Ireland(I take it an Irish thing), if someone is killed hit by a car etc. Suddenly a little shrine pops up on the nearest lamp post and flowers left and I mean for years. A lamp post near my main road bus stop a girl was hit by a car and killed some years back and fake flowers are still tied to the lamp post they fade and new ones and a photo replace each time.

Latest posts

Back