Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see Amazon US are sending out dummy parcels with gPS tracking to catch parcel thieves.

Not sure I fully understand. Won't the thief just chuck it out when they realise it's of no value? Or do Amazon really put something good in the parcel?

Also, maybe Az are just starting that rumour to catch the thieves?

Think it is 50p per parcel

Yes, my courier said he gets 50p.

I see Amazon US are sending out dummy parcels with gPS tracking to catch parcel thieves.

Well good on Amazon, at least they care about their customers and worried where their parcels are vanishing to, unlike QVC who don't give a toss after all, they're insured so why should they care if you've spent the last money you had and don't get your parcel for Christmas :mysmilie_3:

To be honest though, when I used to shop with them and they said that December (roughly) 20th was the last day to order, I'd almost wet myself laughing and hoped no one took them at their word, you'd be lucky if your item was dispatched after two days. :mysmilie_17:

Not sure I fully understand. Won't the thief just chuck it out when they realise it's of no value? Or do Amazon really put something good in the parcel?

Also, maybe Az are just starting that rumour to catch the thieves?

Didn’t understand it myself but the article also stated that the hav3 an app that enables the driver to open your door and leave your parcel. The Yanks must be mad

As I'm on Amazon Prime, I do shop with them. The only time I've ever an issue was Christmas last year. I ordered 2 x £100 gift cards in a tin and when the recipients opened them, both cards had the silver bit scraped off and had been used.

I rang them and they were able to track who had redeemed them. They worked in the warehouse. They reimbursed my account within a couple of days and I bought the cards, after Christmas, from Wilko instead.

Last week, the ex bought a laptop computer from them. When he opened the box, it contained two packs of garden furniture covers. He rang Amazon, sent photos via his phone and a new laptop was delivered the following day.

Christmas is presumably the time for this kind of thing to happen, but at least Amazon deal with it quickly and you don't have to go through the faff that you do with QVC ..... forms to fill in and a long wait for a refund or replacement.

Here in Northern Ireland for many years around this time of year, lots of delivery vans used to get held up.

The Boys(as they are known), knew that the catalogues would be delivering high-end items for Xmas. One year you could buy a Dyson for £30-50 brand new as a load of them fell off the back of a lorry.:mysmilie_19: No, I did not buy one! But a woman I worked with had problems with a TV she bought it was only a few months old I told her to claim under warranty. She couldn't as it fell off the back of a lorry. I just went okay.

I’m on Prime too, I love Amazon. The only problem I’ve had was a couple of weeks ago I ordered a few blu ray box sets, my tracking said “delivered” but not to me, so I got Amazon to ring me and they said they could tell I didn’t received them and they’d gone the wrong house, he reordered them for me and I got them safe and sound the next day. I order a lot from Amazon because unlike QVC, their customer service is second to none. What I also love about Amazon is the tracking system, it shows you were the driver is and how many stops he’s got before you, it kicks in normally about half an hour before they get to you, you can see a map and where your parcel is, great stuff. :mysmilie_3:

I buy a fair bit from eBay and unless it is something which can be easily pushed through the letter box I usually get it picked up at Argos.

Today is the first time I’ve ever had a problem. My tracking order says unable to deliver no one in.... AT ARGOS???.

I’ve contacted the seller but I imagine it is just a hiccup and will get sorted - imagine trying to sort that with Q?

Talking of things falling off the back of lorries, my husband once told me a very funny tale about his brother in law who loved a bargain. A white van turned up outside his brother in law`s place of work and the van driver was stopping people and asking did they want to buy a flat screen TV? Brother in law stopped to look and thought a new tv would be a lovely joint Christmas present for the whole family.
The guy from the van opened the back of the van, there were several boxes laid flat and the driver took the top box, pulled out a tv, showed brother in law what make, model and functions it had and brother in law jumped at the chance to buy one dirt cheap.
The guy said righto I`ll get you a brand spanking new one in an unopened box and he and brother in law lifted down the heavy box, brother in law paid the cash, van driver shook his hand and drove off.
After getting someone to help him carry the box inside then brother in law decided to show his colleagues what he`d bought, opened the box and it was full of bricks !
The moral of this story is if you`re determined to buy knock off goods then at least open the box or insist on having the one being shown to you and best of all simply don`t buy them and report it to the Police.
Last year someone put a video clip on my facebook which she`d filmed from her apartment window. Her window overlooked a carpark at the back of a pub or restaurant and it showed a courier van with its rear doors open, the driver was removing parcels, opening some of them and discarding the packing in the large bins behind the pub. So many companies put logos or names or their packaging that he was obviously picking out items from such companies. I`ve no idea if the woman filming the theft ever reported it or not but she had the van driver on film and bang to rights. Hopefully she did report it.

Many years ago Mr L was approached in a car park by men selling Italian leather coats. He said they were to die for and I think he was a tiny wee bit tempted but Mr L is ultra straight and would never ever deal with anyone he wasn’t 150% sure of and even then he would need their mothers kidney as security.

Of course he realised it was a scam but to this day if he sees a lovely leather coat he calls it “a car park coat”.

I suppose the saying if it seems too good it probably (definitely) is.

I'm on Amazon Prime and very pleased with the service and the tracking info. Because it is one flat fee you can happily order small items you can't get locally which the Q would probably charge £3 to deliver.

Not that I order very much from Q but at my height of buying and both working full time I would have been stuffed if it hadn’t been for my fab postman who has been on our route for years from lad to man!

Why Q don’t team up with the numerous places which offer parcel pickup is beyond me. Surely it would reduce the missing parcel back to nothing. A fraction off the postage profit would still leave them a fortune. All I know is that their insurance premiums must be enormous with the amount of non deliveries

I’m on Prime too, I love Amazon. The only problem I’ve had was a couple of weeks ago I ordered a few blu ray box sets, my tracking said “delivered” but not to me, so I got Amazon to ring me and they said they could tell I didn’t received them and they’d gone the wrong house, he reordered them for me and I got them safe and sound the next day. I order a lot from Amazon because unlike QVC, their customer service is second to none. What I also love about Amazon is the tracking system, it shows you were the driver is and how many stops he’s got before you, it kicks in normally about half an hour before they get to you, you can see a map and where your parcel is, great stuff. :mysmilie_3:

I am fascinated by the map tracking thing Amazon do. I have learnt not to trust it 100% though. At least once, I’ve had great fun watching the van get closer and closer, sometimes stick in the same position for 30 minutes, then apparently located yards away from me ... but 2 minutes later, it’s gone past and round the one-way system. I complained once because I was waiting for a present for someone I was seeing next day - it had already been delayed as it had been due the day before. Anyway, according to the map tracking, it had been past or within a few houses no fewer than four times. I was so frustrated! When I rang or live messaged, they arranged for it to be delivered early next day and gave me £10 credit. Their CS, as you say, is second to none.

I buy a fair bit from eBay and unless it is something which can be easily pushed through the letter box I usually get it picked up at Argos.

Today is the first time I’ve ever had a problem. My tracking order says unable to deliver no one in.... AT ARGOS???.

I’ve contacted the seller but I imagine it is just a hiccup and will get sorted - imagine trying to sort that with Q?

Received a reply from seller who is going to look into it and if necessary will do full refund. No waiting 72 plus hours, no asking for claim forms (at my expense). And no xxx from Liam/Brian!!!

I am fascinated by the map tracking thing Amazon do. I have learnt not to trust it 100% though. At least once, I’ve had great fun watching the van get closer and closer, sometimes stick in the same position for 30 minutes, then apparently located yards away from me ... but 2 minutes later, it’s gone past and round the one-way system. I complained once because I was waiting for a present for someone I was seeing next day - it had already been delayed as it had been due the day before. Anyway, according to the map tracking, it had been past or within a few houses no fewer than four times. I was so frustrated! When I rang or live messaged, they arranged for it to be delivered early next day and gave me £10 credit. Their CS, as you say, is second to none.

I agree Andi it is frustrating, especially when you're waiting for something, and your parcel is only yards away as it travels past in the white van, glad you got it sorted quickly xx

That IS service.

The thing that I like about Amazon Prime, apart from the free P&P, is that, even if you order several different items from different parts of the site, they all come in one parcel if they can be delivered on the same day. Unfortunately, QVC can't even manage to put two different items, ordered at the same time, into one package. They just inundate us with blue non-recyclable plastic bags.

The Peony drama is kicking off again.

Seems the orders weeks late and looking cheap and totally different bowl than the one shown in the demo.

One woman returned as it was the wrong bowl with her order got another one and it is again not the bowl they showed in the TSV.

oops

vase1.jpg
vase2.jpg

Latest posts

Back