Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So yet again someone has asked if QVC could stock a cosmetic brand, requested will be passed on as usual(to go die in a corner somewhere), I have a question?

So why do people have the idea that a few people asking about certain brands and hoping QVC will stock it will actually result in this happening?

Has any brand actually appeared on QVC after this?

Does the brand even want to come to QVC? People asking make me think that like the old days brands rushed to come to QVC if they where asked to come. With online shopping they do not need to any more and QVC just do not have clout they did back in the old days. I remember back in the day AY saying some brands would not allow the 30 MBG and refused to appear if asked. A few people asking will make no difference.

I thought it was just me who had no patience with these posts. As you say why in gods name would anyone with a bit of wit think they have any influence.

Yes, they bought the Michelle Moaning cow and expect it to come in a exclusive box it seems.

Someone asking when the Tarte concealer in the Light shade is due back in. Er, they did have it at the weekend and it was on wait list. QVC said its back in stock June.

The one thing that gets on my goat about all forums (not here of course) - trip advisor is particularly bad- is people who can't be arsed to scroll down 2 posts to see if it has been asked before, oh no, just bog in and ask the same bleeding question over and over again.

this one got me today

"I'd like to buy tomorrow's TSV but I don't want to have to stay up till midnight as I'm on duty tomorrow (I'm a nurse) is there any way of ordering early please?" basically nope but there is ways

I like to have a read of the QVC US forum(they have different sections and let people post too), so yesterday I thought will have a quick nose as haven't looked for a while.

One woman was having a right old rant about Bobbi Brown and the great kits they sell on QVC UK but not on QVC US. It wasn't fair and QVC US should do more things like QVC UK for Bobbi Brown. The replies told her to try Nortroms etc(department stores in the US), as they do excellent kits and deals or even better order from Bobbi Brown direct as always offers on. No binlids telling her life is over if you can't get it from QVC. :mysmilie_17:

A Different Type of Plant?

I thought I'd go take a look at QVC's Arsebook page this morning, and saw this...

2017-04-27 (2).jpg

Are there customers out there who are so into QVC that they'd seriously post something like this? or is it more likely to be someone working on behalf of QVC to make them look good?

Just in case the image doesn't work, this is the text of the post...

"I viewed the Attitudes by Renee collection on QVC UK overnight..............................and ladies what a fabulous show.
Renee Greenstein never fails to deliver with her use of vibrant colour in stylish separates that you can mix & match. Flattering contemporary pieces that will help you create an effortless and affordable summer wardrobe. If you want to look stylish and up to the minute this summer view her collection without delay.
Check out Attitudes by Renee jewellery range. Stunning contemporary fashion jewellery at incredible prices.
Beverley Jackson"

No, that is just one of the 100% fans or binlids as they are called on the Social Media thread. Their lives revolve around QVC, the sun is always shining and every thing on QVC it the greatest bestest in the whole wide world. And they stopped taking their tablets.

Beverley Jackson is a fashion agent and stylist, and she's quite clearly touting for work.

I've lost track of the various stylists and ambassadors at Q. This on Facebook sounds like a promo .

I notice they are mixing up the fashion now with more shows with stylists rather than whole designer shows all the time.

She`s now asking for a job with QVC lol. Nothing like self promotion is there, write 6 posts all the same, get the social media team to delete 5 of them and ask for a job. Nice try !

i did wonder thats why i commented here without naming names as im not that type of person

well they removed the other 4 posts on it & the poster now said in reply to Q "I would enjoy writing more, do you have any openings?"

Ha ha, well I guess it doesn't hurt to ask - absolutely shameless and a teensy bit desperate methinks!

Latest posts

Back