Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh,but she was a nail technician, don't you know. Do you have to study for that?

That's a shame...I wonder what we/stf did to upset the person?

Best look out for Stan's coming on here, either to complain, or in 'undercover'....

I remember. Wasn't it 'Tiddlywanks'? :mysmilie_17: (This was in my observing phase.) No, I haven't been searching all members profiles to find this, I just have a Very good memory for useless info. As I recall Mrs, there were a few 'splats' between you & 'them?' & I believe you gave as good as you got......:mysmilie_17:

finally! .....

Oh, I can answer that one. My cousin works in Debenhams and her branch is closing so she has decided to become a nail technician. She had to do a course and past plus get a health and hygiene certificate before she could start adverting. She has set up in a spare room at home.

Yes of course you need qualification to be a nail technician. You cannot get public liability insurance without being qualified, well you can get it but if you have to make claim you need to show your certificates.

Pat has posted in reply to the spat on Wednesday. It seems reading replies she has been blocked by quite a few people and only found out as she was reading Facebook through her sister's account.

Well QVC it would appear I have offended some people who I really did not mean to offend as I it appears I can no longer see their interesting and relevent comments.I only meant my comments to a few people who continuously see themselves as 'guardians of the page / presenters / brand' I don't ever attack customers on this page unless they make unpleasant ,derogatory or personal comments to the persona I have on here.Let's face it ,very few of us actually are friends in real life.The way people argue nastily over TV shopkeepers is ridiculous. Would anyone do the same for Mavis at Asda?Anyway if people don't want to interact with me that is fine.I can live with that.It just shows how a few nasty comments can influence people .I will continue to post on my favourite sites so bye for now .����

No doubt QVC your excellent CS will delete this.

Pat has posted in reply to the spat on Wednesday. It seems reading replies she has been blocked by quite a few people and only found out as she was reading Facebook through her sister's account.

Well QVC it would appear I have offended some people who I really did not mean to offend as I it appears I can no longer see their interesting and relevent comments.I only meant my comments to a few people who continuously see themselves as 'guardians of the page / presenters / brand' I don't ever attack customers on this page unless they make unpleasant ,derogatory or personal comments to the persona I have on here.Let's face it ,very few of us actually are friends in real life.The way people argue nastily over TV shopkeepers is ridiculous. Would anyone do the same for Mavis at Asda?Anyway if people don't want to interact with me that is fine.I can live with that.It just shows how a few nasty comments can influence people .I will continue to post on my favourite sites so bye for now .����

Oooh, Facebook Wars Part 997.

Well said, Pat!

The man who wanted a model's phone number is back. Looking at what he's posted this time I can't see him being around for long. Making creepy requests is one thing but the Q won't put up with being criticised by the likes of him!

The man who wanted a model's phone number is back. Looking at what he's posted this time I can't see him being around for long. Making creepy requests is one thing but the Q won't put up with being criticised by the likes of him!

I think it’s been removed already? Could you give us the gist of what he said?

By the way, I see the sensible people came out in defence of Pat and there has been no fall-out from her post about everyone blocking her (well, I suppose the ones who took exception to Pat the other day can’t see the post if they’ve blocked her?). She seems to have a lot of fans and says she’ll be keeping up the humorous posts.

I think it’s been removed already? Could you give us the gist of what he said?

By the way, I see the sensible people came out in defence of Pat and there has been no fall-out from her post about everyone blocking her (well, I suppose the ones who took exception to Pat the other day can’t see the post if they’ve blocked her?). She seems to have a lot of fans and says she’ll be keeping up the humorous posts.

He's still there & was less than complimentary about the Lab TSV -
'If people buy crap like this, then it proves that people will buy ANYTHING!!!! Words are failing me here!!! 😂😂😂' &
'These chin hammock things have gotta be a joke right?? They are ridiculous, and look so stupid, and those women are trying their best not to burst into fits of laughter, and £89 too?? CRAZY'. I'm sure the Q won't like their offerings being described as c**p.

'If people buy crap like this, then it proves that people will buy ANYTHING!!!! Words are failing me here!!! ' &
'These chin hammock things have gotta be a joke right?? They are ridiculous, and look so stupid, and those women are trying their best not to burst into fits of laughter, and £89 too?? CRAZY'. I'm sure the Q won't like their offerings being described as c**p.

Ah, yes. Sorry, I did see those posts. I was thinking you meant the guy who was requesting photographs of the “lovely ladies” on QVC. I was worried he had moved on to asking to be sent the tried-on Vercella Vita after the presentations or something.

Ah, yes. Sorry, I did see those posts. I was thinking you meant the guy who was requesting photographs of the “lovely ladies” on QVC. I was worried he had moved on to asking to be sent the tried-on Vercella Vita after the presentations or something.

AndiK, nooooooooooo :sweat: I'm still recovering from the earlier foot fetish convo!

Ugh, he's really odd but I get the feeling that this one's a phony - a rarity on s m..!

AndiK, nooooooooooo :sweat: I'm still recovering from the earlier foot fetish convo!

Sorry, Tarketta. I hope you had had breakfast. I would like to make it clear that thoughts and ideas I express such as those are only as a result of reading this forum. I have been corrupted by a depraved minority.

:mysmilie_50:

Oh, I can answer that one. My cousin works in Debenhams and her branch is closing so she has decided to become a nail technician. She had to do a course and past plus get a health and hygiene certificate before she could start adverting. She has set up in a spare room at home.

Equally one can 'buy' a course online from Groupon, for a very small outlay...

Love to be kept up to date, thanks again, Donna et.alia.

'If people buy crap like this, then it proves that people will buy ANYTHING!!!! Words are failing me here!!! 😂😂😂' &

Fair comment, I feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, Tarketta. I hope you had had breakfast. I would like to make it clear that thoughts and ideas I express such as those are only as a result of reading this forum. I have been corrupted by a depraved minority.

:mysmilie_50:

As 'corrupted' as me?!?

Equally one can 'buy' a course online from Groupon, for a very small outlay...

Sorry, but I would not trust anyone doing an online course on Groupon to do my nails. They as mentioned also need to pay for insurance and the do the Health and Hygiene courses before they can legally operate as a self-employed business.

Someone I know got a terrible nail infection from a badly trained nail person. Took months of different antibiotics and they lost nails as well.

Sorry, but I would not trust anyone doing an online course on Groupon to do my nails. They as mentioned also need to pay for insurance and the do the Health and Hygiene courses before they can legally operate as a self-employed business.

Someone I know got a terrible nail infection from a badly trained nail person. Took months of different antibiotics and they lost nails as well.

Incredibly painful and distressing!

I'm certainly not recommending it! Just showing that it's easy to set yourself up - albeit not in a way that would get my business. Wonder what the qualifications are of the Chinese nail bars so many patronise....because it's cheap.

Who remembers Gillian Mckeith's 'doctor' qualification that came from an online correspondence course?

I'm certainly not recommending it! Just showing that it's easy to set yourself up - albeit not in a way that would get my business. Wonder what the qualifications are of the Chinese nail bars so many patronise....because it's cheap.

Who remembers Gillian Mckeith's 'doctor' qualification that came from an online correspondence course?

Really? She's bizarre & I wonder if she's still got her obsession :mysmilie_17:

I work in a school and every chance I get talking to girls about nails and latest styles I mention not to allow anyone to cut their cuticles and not to do it themselves as they are the gateway to allowing infection in. The videos posted on FB cutting them back fill me with horror.

Really? She's bizarre & I wonder if she's still got her obsession :mysmilie_17:

Hmm what obsession??? Didn't she do some kind of TV show where people had to sh*t in a dish and she told them how badly they were eating. Vomit inducing. I watched it for about 10 minutes before rushing off to puke :puke:

CC

Latest posts

Back