Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Initially I thought it was a PITA, but know I think it can be quite useful as a reference (what did we start talking about, and how far have we drifted/purposefully moved from the point?).

Oh Oh!!!!

Someone ordered the Philip Kingsley TSV as she was told by the QVC reps it did not contain SLS. It arrived and first ingredient SLS! I could have told her that. So they lied!!!:mysmilie_15: Shocked, no.

Oh Oh!!!!

Someone ordered the Philip Kingsley TSV as she was told by the QVC reps it did not contain SLS. It arrived and first ingredient SLS! I could have told her that. So they lied!!!:mysmilie_15: Shocked, no.

If QVC UK were as on the ball as QVC US, they would have the ingredients list up on the website for all their beauty products! Then there would be no issue. If this was a QVC exclusive product, then it's on QVC... but if it's not, then why didn't the woman google it or look on the PK website. I don't recall that there is a single PK shampoo that doesn't contain the stuff... which is why I will look at other products (love elasticiser) in their range but never the shampoos.

The Hermes thing is still going. Actually think its QVC not sending the stuff out. A few saying everything should be sent via Royal Mail! One person told it can take 3-5 days to ship orders out, she is angry as the presenters keep saying delivered in 3-5days.

One woman ordered a Dyson and got a mat!! They are now out of stock of the Dyson:mysmilie_17: I never realized Dyson where so light weight. Another has ordered a bag which she was waiting for, phoned up to be told it has actually just arrived in stock and would be with her in 10 days!

This seems to be going on and on and on and on.

The Hermes thing is still going. Actually think its QVC not sending the stuff out. A few saying everything should be sent via Royal Mail! One person told it can take 3-5 days to ship orders out, she is angry as the presenters keep saying delivered in 3-5days.

One woman ordered a Dyson and got a mat!! They are now out of stock of the Dyson:mysmilie_17: I never realized Dyson where so light weight. Another has ordered a bag which she was waiting for, phoned up to be told it has actually just arrived in stock and would be with her in 10 days!

This seems to be going on and on and on and on.

I do not believe it is Hermes either , been involved with that company , they can only deliver what their customer ( QVC etc puts on pallets to be collected and then the couriered to Hermes main hub to be sorted into areas of delivery.)

I phoned Q yesterday regards Philip Kingsley TSV order still being in their warehouse from the 5 th , could I have an explanation as to why no movement of my parcel. I was told ' if not delivered by the 12th call back '... further repeated it was not an explanation of my original request, was given same reply. Which makes me think call staff have been given ' reply quotes' to this ongoing problem.
If parcel still has not moved tomorrow it will be my2nd cancellation of an order in 3 weeks for same reason... (£5.95 delivery cost is daylight robbery that is a premium delivery cost , which also making me wonder if maybe Q purchasing a lower scale delivery of say 5 days from couriers?... and hence lower scale deliveries are kept in a cage as higher scale deliveries are priority)

of course thats what qvc do charge the most but buy the basic service from the courier. i ordered some branded school uniform for my granddaughter. it came 3 days earlier than quoted. i was e mailed yodels tracking number. i went on the website and a very full itineray was posted. i even had the couriers mobile number. i phoned him and he told me the exact time he would deliver.

by the way the delivery was free with a paltry £30 order

The moral of the message here is that if you want a decent delivery service, you can't look to QVC with their premium p&p charges.

Any courier offers a range of services and you get what you pay for. But surely if you aspire to being a trusted, good value retailer, you don't pick the slowest service and expect your customers to be happy.

I order from Beauty Bay(hell they where refurbishing their warehouse at the time. Daily updates on their site when parcels would be shipped. Mine ordered on a Sunday arrived on the Wednesday and that was with the delays going on with the work in the warehouse. Full tracking from Hermes telling me it was out for delivery and then it had been delivered. I do have a safe place which I put on the order messages) and few other places all use Hermes. Never had a problem with Hermes and able to track all the way. Bought from Ebay last week and the seller used Hermes, it wasn't expensive item and thought why Hermes for that? But again full tracking and arrived on the date stated no problems.

So I agree with Still Game, there is some going on at QVC warehouse?

I'm now convinced that the warehouse is in fact a lucky dip barrel like you used to get at bring and buy charity dos. Watch out for sawdust in the packages!

Another balls up with AD. Woman ordered and saying they had 120 days to get the stock in, now told she cannot get it for another 30 days. Oh and she cannot cancel until they actually have the stock in! But they have taken the payment.

Another balls up with AD. Woman ordered and saying they had 120 days to get the stock in, now told she cannot get it for another 30 days. Oh and she cannot cancel until they actually have the stock in! But they have taken the payment.

Which basically means all that blather "we only take payment when we dispatch the goods" is a lie!

Is there anything in the T&C small print on the QVC website?

qvc say its not technically in their bank account more like a holding account. smacks of desperation imo

There was one I mentioned earlier woman had her money ring fenced from 19th August. and still hanging in September. So over two weeks. Item not in stock but not it did not drop back into her account. I have had money ring fenced in my account, not with QVC though. It dropped back into my account in less than a week and they retook the money as they where to slow to claim it. I am with Santander so not sure if all banks have a time limited for the retainer to actually claim the money. I actually contacted the online store myself and said you didn't take the money! I knew they would eventually but preferred them to take it now instead of getting a surprise months down the line.

Latest posts

Back