Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Biagi is an absolute idiot, he's also an idiot who lives a different lifestyle than most of us, I've heard him say "it'll look casual too when you've dropped the kids off at school then head straight the gym" when chatting about a Kipling bag. When I, or the husband, dropped the kids off at school all those years ago Mr Dairylee, we headed straight to work. :mysmilie_14:

Simon Biagi is an absolute idiot, he's also an idiot who lives a different lifestyle than most of us, I've heard him say "it'll look casual too when you've dropped the kids off at school then head straight the gym" when chatting about a Kipling bag. When I, or the husband, dropped the kids off at school all those years ago Mr Dairylee, we headed straight to work. :mysmilie_14:

I couldn't agree with you more. Does anybody with any sense and maturity monitor the idiotic comments coming from most of the presenters? My husband and I worked very hard, earned good salaries and took care of our children. What we didn't do was constantly go on cruises, dine at the Captain's Table, go on an endless round of cocktail parties and too many to count holidays or show off. This week I have only tolerated a few minutes of the presenters. Pantomime behaviour, showing off, smugness and very irritating comments.........the majority have no common sense. Who are these viewers who want to be friends with them?

Evie, I think you have summed it up, smugness! Even if they are being self deprecating it is done with smugness knowing full well that their groupies will phoo whoo it (yes Chuntley we mean you).

The only part of the real world that they are living in is having to hard sell overpriced unnecessary goods to people who they don't actually have to eyeball whilst they are lying through their teeth.

When the shop assistant on the DHS starts to hard sell and talk rubbish you have the opportunity to tell her where she is wrong- and you don't have to hear about her book, her cruise, her grandkids, her retreat, her weight etc etc etc.

There is not one of them who could cut it in the real world. Imagine them actually having to pay for all that stuff "they can't live without" out of a normal salary - I don't think so.

I couldn't agree with you more. Does anybody with any sense and maturity monitor the idiotic comments coming from most of the presenters? My husband and I worked very hard, earned good salaries and took care of our children. What we didn't do was constantly go on cruises, dine at the Captain's Table, go on an endless round of cocktail parties and too many to count holidays or show off. This week I have only tolerated a few minutes of the presenters. Pantomime behaviour, showing off, smugness and very irritating comments.........the majority have no common sense. Who are these viewers who want to be friends with them?

Yes, the theatrics of it all is wearing thin on a lot of people now, every time I hop on and see Claire Sutton, I keep expecting a chorus of "All That Jazz" shes sooooooo dramatic and fake it's unreal, I even feel I know her children and husband personally she goes on that much about them, and I only watch her for seconds at a time so the QVC diehards must think they're spending Christmas with her and her family. I agree, you wouldn't get me on a boat for love nor money, so unless the Captains Table is in Bella Italaia or Franky And Bennys, I won't be sitting at it.

There is an interesting post just now on FB (about 2.45 today). A lady bought a Joe Brown dress and it has a tag (she has included a photo of it) saying do not remove before return and you can only return in unused condition (I paraphrase!). As she points out you are encouraged to wear things by presenters under the 30 day MBG. There isn't a reply as yet and I can't open them anyway for some reason. But what do we think that is about?????? Does it just apply to Joe Brown direct purchases and they omitted to remove the tag?

There is an interesting post just now on FB (about 2.45 today). A lady bought a Joe Brown dress and it has a tag saying do not remove before return and you can only return in unused condition (I paraphrase!). As she points out you are encouraged to wear things by presenters under the 30 day MBG. There isn't a reply as yet and I can't open them anyway for some reason. But what do we think that is about?????? Does it just apply to Joe Brown direct purchases and they omitted to remove the tag?

Oooh thanks Mazza, now it's all happening eh? wonder how "try it and buy it with your 30 day mbg" QVC will get out of that one? :mysmilie_17:

There is an interesting post just now on FB (about 2.45 today). A lady bought a Joe Brown dress and it has a tag (she has included a photo of it) saying do not remove before return and you can only return in unused condition (I paraphrase!). As she points out you are encouraged to wear things by presenters under the 30 day MBG. There isn't a reply as yet and I can't open them anyway for some reason. But what do we think that is about?????? Does it just apply to Joe Brown direct purchases and they omitted to remove the tag?

Yes the silence is deafening on that one. Perhaps they have run out of kissey kisses?

They've replied to the posts before and after that one...says it all really!

I was a member. It was there Monday, then Tuesday I got texts from Jabba asking and I looked and it was gone.

There was loads of upcoming TSV details etc but then offers in mags etc and other high street stores.

Half the time it`s the admin from these groups who get too dictatorial and too precious about QVC. If you were sitting with a group of friends you`d chat about lots of things and not just stick to one subject and afterall it is supposed to be called "social " media. There`s nothing very sociable about people telling you what you can or can`t chat about, especially if it`s all shopping related.
Childish, power mad, pathetic, obsessive and simply no need for it. I`m surprised it lasted as long as it did and let`s face it, it`s hardly the end of the World.

Yes I was a member too. There one day gone the next with no notification it was closing. How professional. It was Vienna I agree, far too dictatorial. I think the self destruction of it was only a matter of time.

I was wondering that, why did it get shut down eh? I had heard previously that there was a lot of argy bargy on the page...but entirely secondhand info.

Oh good grief! You'd think it was the FBI discussing their next move wouldn't you as opposed to when's the next Kim & Co or Tarte TSV. :mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back