Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone has posted the following cry for help on Q's FB page,

"Still waiting for a reply to my question posted on 30th October! Will the bm summer bisque concealer ever be back in stock? Getting desperate now!"

For some people, Q really is the only place to shop, it's like a cult!!!!

I sure I have one in my Stash

"Still waiting for a reply to my question posted on 30th October! Will the bm summer bisque concealer ever be back in stock? Getting desperate now!"

lol. I always thought cults prey on the weak minded !

I have to say I have visited the Bare Minerals counters in both my local Boots and Debenhams and got good advice and service!

I have to say I have visited the Bare Minerals counters in both my local Boots and Debenhams and got good advice and service!

Exactly, it's not a niche brand!!

I'm bordering on obsessed with Q's FB visitor comments - someone asked where the faux fur came from in the TSV, it had to be pointed out to them that faux fur is manmade...

I started this thread by using the word eyeopener but its more like GOBSMACKED!!

Some of the things that people post are truly unbelievable and it's all so repetitive and boring! Oh dear :mysmilie_43:

It must bring them out in hives having to do their grocery shop, or do you suppose they exist on a diet of Real Pies and Joe & Seph's popcorn, washed down with test tubes of wine? Hairy pork scratchings with Strictly as a weekend treat? :mysmilie_59:

Different things are important to different people in life.

When it comes to shopping, I'm sure we have all been frustrated when we've missed something we had our eye on... but unless QVC is the only source for something and it's out of stock, why fret about it? Shop elsewhere and discover whether you can get better service or prices for the same items. You might be surprised.

Unless it's a warm safe place to sleep, and food and drink to keep you going, or medication to treat specific ailments, there is not really anything we "need" enough to be lamenting on social media. Unfortunately advertisers and retailers thrive on generating in us a sense of dissatisfaction which can be satisfied by using product X or buying product Y. They create a demand for something which is not necessary, but which they have convinced people they need. We've all fallen for it at some point. But the truth is that the well of dissatisfaction doesn't get any smaller, because they've moved on to identify another "gap" in your life that can only be filled by a purchase.

I sometimes feel myself getting into that feeling of "I must get..." but if you wait long enough before rushing to buy, you find the feeling dies down, and common-sense prevails.

As for the woman who asked where the faux fur came from?

Actually, she is being a smart cookie. Its been found that faux fur from China can actually be real fur from pets such as cats and dogs. Or the poor racoon dog which they skin alive. Trading Standards/Watchdog have tested faux and found it to be real and on the high street.

Actually, she is being a smart cookie. Its been found that faux fur from China can actually be real fur from pets such as cats and dogs. Or the poor racoon dog which they skin alive. Trading Standards/Watchdog have tested faux and found it to be real and on the high street.

Oh my gawd, I never knew that, that's horrific?!?!?!?

Yes I read about that too and also where Trading Standards were testing toy puppies and kittens in little baskets bought from pound shops and other places and the fur was also from real cats and dogs. Plus testing leather gloves from China, bought off Ebay and the leather was made from dog skins.

A bit of a discussion going on over at arsebook at the moment about 3rd party websites with a poster wanting to know why it's ok for Q to mention them but not customers. Apparently future sales are being promoted on a third party website and can only be ordered via that site and not directly from Q ... Who's site is it, well... Fibby Flint of course.

Latest posts

Back