Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All I can say is if people don`t want others to comment then don`t put it out there. This forum chats about all things QVC related and that includes the good, the bad and the indifferent, whether it`s posted on facebook, the Sun newspaper, the telly or wherever. We all use screen names so I for one, wouldn`t have a clue if someone posting on Q`s facebook page under their real name was a forum member or not. This QVC section of the forum has rumbled on for many a year and with thousands of threads and I daresay along the way a few members have read about themselves but have kept stumm. Today`s forum topic is tomorrow`s virtual chip paper !

All I can say is if people don`t want others to comment then don`t put it out there. This forum chats about all things QVC related and that includes the good, the bad and the indifferent, whether it`s posted on facebook, the Sun newspaper, the telly or wherever. We all use screen names so I for one, wouldn`t have a clue if someone posting on Q`s facebook page under their real name was a forum member or not. This QVC section of the forum has rumbled on for many a year and with thousands of threads and I daresay along the way a few members have read about themselves but have kept stumm. Today`s forum topic is tomorrow`s virtual chip paper !

I agree, I'm only on one form of social media and that's here, but I get what you mean and you're absolutely right, each place is different and should be treated as such. QVCs Facebook is restrictive and you're unable to tell the truth by all accounts, but here on STF you have the freedom to speak as you find. :mysmilie_3:

I had a query needing a bit of advice from QVC. I was out & about, I thought it was really expensive to call freephone numbers from mobiles (it used to be). I tried to message QVC, but I couldn't message them via their Facebook page, so I posted a query to them.

Donna pulled that out, lied & exaggerated totally what I'd said.
Does she write for Mills & Boon!! It needed no comment, it wasn't a discussion, it was a query for the seller.
I wasn't in a frenzy, but I do think it's sad that Donna will mock people in financial strife for others amusement. That's really quite mean :-(
Anyway, was I've got my eye cream on QVSell now, so I've cancelled my advanced order.

I agree, I'm only on one form of social media and that's here, but I get what you mean and you're absolutely right, each place is different and should be treated as such. QVCs Facebook is restrictive and you're unable to tell the truth by all accounts, but here on STF you have the freedom to speak as you find. :mysmilie_3:

Or add your own interpretation on it to poke fun at people for the amusement of a few huh ;-)

Or add your own interpretation by lacking a sense of humour and always looking for the worst in people..........oh er......huh ;-)

I don't lack a sense of humour. What Donna did wasn't funny.

She got completely the wrong end of the stick on a consumer webpage & came on here to make fun of me.

She knows she was in the wrong & she hasn't apologised.

I suggest you use humour that doesn't involve mocking others if you are seeking to be amusing.

I don't lack a sense of humour. What Donna did wasn't funny.

She got completely the wrong end of the stick on a consumer webpage & came on here to make fun of me.

She knows she was in the wrong & she hasn't apologised.

I suggest you use humour that doesn't involve mocking others if you are seeking to be amusing.

And I suggest that you and your cohort don't resort to name calling on your QVC Facebook page thread, then come here sh*t stirring. The people on here are lovely, kind, good people not at all "nasty or malicious" as you put it, because that discussion over there on QVC FB, is blown right in to the water compared to anything said on here. Your little friend over there has said a lot worse than anything I can find on here, so the question is, if we're as bad as you and her say we are, and you are now going to mix with "normal" (at time of writing you liked that comment) people from now on, why are you still here? Oh no it's ok, I think I know the answer. That's the last I'm saying on this subject as trolltastic as you're trying to make it, I'm done.

I have nothing to apologize for. I used the word freaked out, BUT you did panic over the whole thing. And as I said many times the AD will arrive early and you will get caught out.

So name call me all you want else where, I can't read and personally don't care.

I have now blocked your posts so can't read, so if you want to name call me here as well I won't see them.

I have nothing to apologize for. I used the word freaked out, BUT you did panic over the whole thing. And as I said many times the AD will arrive early and you will get caught out.

So name call me all you want else where, I can't read and personally don't care.

I have now blocked your posts so can't read, so if you want to name call me here as well I won't see them.

I don't feel you've got anything to apologise for either, and compared to what's been said about this forum on QVC FB by these people, what you said was mild in comparison so just carry on doing what you're doing Donna and don't take offence by any of it. :mysmilie_14:

The World does not begin nor end with QVC, facebook, whether a beauty product arrives or not, the price of eggs or whether someone likes or dislikes someone else`s font which is what all this boils down to. Whatever people write are merely virtual words in a virtual world. Mrs E has created a drama of her own making by telling everybody it was her comment on facebook. Grow up, get over it, move on and you won`t be the first person who`se facebook comments have been mentioned on here and you certainly won`t be the last, no more than our comments on here get analysed, dissected and belittled on various facebook pages. The difference is we don`t bleat about it.
Any minute now you`ll be telling Donna your Dad is bigger than her Dad and challenging her to a Kipling bag fight at dawn.
For heavens sake woman, stop bleating like a goat and go have a bitch fest about this nasty forum with your mates, with our blessing.

If a person posts something (positive or negative) they should be prepared for both positive and negative comments . Don't give it if you can't take it.What I detest are some of the petty,judgemental bitches on FB who jump to defend presenters, or else faceless nameless people in hypothetical situations and stir s*** as though they are on some kind of mission.Whilst not a vicious person, having seen the results of violent acts and wondering what motivates people to do such things,I am very glad that I cannot meet some of these people in the 'flesh'.Believe me, they would get a right f****** slap.The majority of people on this forum are tolerant and if they do not agree with a poster (which let's face they are not going to do on all occasions)there is no big problem.Little disagreements are sorted out as adults.The stupid questions ,bitching and complaints on FB make me think some people have a little too much time on their hands.

Last edited:
Anyhoo...

Social media sometimes throws up a useful nugget of info so I generally snip the media-team's response in case I ever have occasion to tackle them on the subject. Here's a perfect example regarding the "limitations" of their auto-delivery system which prevents the buyer ordering multiples (exact same item obvs). The lovely Joe x has stated that all you have to do is contact CS and they'll adjust the extra AD orders to reduce the extra orders p&p by the usual generous 50% discount. I'm not sure this will be used very often by me but it's worth knowing. Mind you, Joe x may rue the day he posted this - there are plenty of ebay sellers who buy and split multiple beauty TSVs and this may save them a couple of quids along the way.

I would say that you'd probably have to checkout all the AD orders in the same basket (even though they'll be allotted separate order ref numbers). Let's face it, if Q can wriggle out of refunding a few pounds they will, so stay one step ahead! Info is power, and the interweb is full of info and opinions, once it's out there it's open to be taken advantage of and open to discussion (within legal parameters).

Attachments

• AD facebook comment.jpg
    AD facebook comment.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 172
qvc is a bit of an oddity in the world of retail. it spends millions on 6 models for a ten minute slots, so called celebrities to try and pry money from its customers, millions on expensive buildings/studios in london, the list is endless. but when it comes to the boring bits like customer service, fair postage costs, fast delivery and quality good its facade is falling short.
qvc does not car about its customers it sees us a necessary but huge burden not the cause for its success

I said this earlier in the week, not sure if it was this thread.

But an article in one of the newspapers talking about the so called celeb culture(yes that would include Amanda and Ruth), magazine sales are dropping massively. Seems the celeb stories are just not selling any more, so putting who ever on the front cover will not shift copies. The world of celeb perfumes is always driving into the pit too.

So QVC are too late to the party, again like the cold shoulder they keep pushing. Its already passed by the time QVC are jumping on the bandwagon. I get surveys from them and the last one was about kitchen and different cooks to front it. Nigella, Gordon etc. So their massive wages to put QVC own brand.

I said this earlier in the week, not sure if it was this thread.

But an article in one of the newspapers talking about the so called celeb culture(yes that would include Amanda and Ruth), magazine sales are dropping massively. Seems the celeb stories are just not selling any more, so putting who ever on the front cover will not shift copies. The world of celeb perfumes is always driving into the pit too.

So QVC are too late to the party, again like the cold shoulder they keep pushing. Its already passed by the time QVC are jumping on the bandwagon. I get surveys from them and the last one was about kitchen and different cooks to front it. Nigella, Gordon etc. So their massive wages to put QVC own brand.

good money after bad. ideal world don't have this problem. they see themselves as selly telly providing goods the customer wants at a fair price and fair postage. to be the fortnums of selly telly takes a lot more than paying celebs to sell so so items.

Unless George Clooney pitched up flogging his Nespresso machines, I can't be bothered about these sleb guests. Quality brands yes but famous faces, no. I wouldn't buy a Nespresso even from gorgeous George though.... but I'd record the show.

Latest posts

Back