Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As for the woman who asked where the faux fur came from?

Actually, she is being a smart cookie. Its been found that faux fur from China can actually be real fur from pets such as cats and dogs. Or the poor racoon dog which they skin alive. Trading Standards/Watchdog have tested faux and found it to be real and on the high street.

That's absolutely vile, China have no animal welfare laws so the barbaric ^*+^% use these poor defenceless animals as nothing more than a commodity, mind you, so does the fat ******* that is Dennis Basstardo.

A bit of a discussion going on over at arsebook at the moment about 3rd party websites with a poster wanting to know why it's ok for Q to mention them but not customers. Apparently future sales are being promoted on a third party website and can only be ordered via that site and not directly from Q ... Who's site is it, well... Fibby Flint of course.

You are not buying from her website, it is still from Q, Will, Chloe etc....have all posted links to the pre sale on their blogs however what DF is posting is likely to be an affiliated link therefore she gets kudos or payment for every purchase made via her affiliated link, that is therefore immoral in my opinion.

Last edited:
Different things are important to different people in life.

I sometimes feel myself getting into that feeling of "I must get..." but if you wait long enough before rushing to buy, you find the feeling dies down, and common-sense prevails.

I do that too, sometimes when I want something I think I will wait and get it maybe next week if I still want it but I'm sure that half the time I don't even remember that I wanted it never mind actually buying it.

Fibby Flint must kiss the ground every time she walks through the doors at QVC Towers, the money she must've made by making herself indispensable to them and the free advertising for her her slutty "novels" diet :)mysmilie_15:) books and now through affiliated links since she wangled herself back in (lucky because she used to slag them off when working on other shopping Tv channels) must be quite a few bob, the woman must be Hobbiting all the way to the bank.

Just been blocked by Q on arsebook. Guess they don't like honesty. Not to worry, I will be back tomorrow.. Let the battle commence.

Before long, after QVC gave banned the realists, there's going to be just the regular five cult members circling ready to pounce on anyone who has anything negative to say about QVC, and when QVC have banned the realists who do, the cults will be circling each other, that should be worth reading if one of them slip up. :mysmilie_17:

Disclaimer, I never have, nor ever will join Facebook or Arsebook as one, I'd never give QVC the chance to ban me and secondly, I doubt I'd last five minutes before they banned me. :mysmilie_17:

Fibby Flint must kiss the ground every time she walks through the doors at QVC Towers, the money she must've made by making herself indispensable to them and the free advertising for her her slutty "novels" diet :)mysmilie_15:) books and now through affiliated links since she wangled herself back in (lucky because she used to slag them off when working on other shopping Tv channels) must be quite a few bob, the woman must be Hobbiting all the way to the bank.

Ha ha ha ha! Hobbiting all the way to the bank! I don't know what Hobbiting means but that's really tickled me.

Before long, after QVC gave banned the realists, there's going to be just the regular five cult members circling ready to pounce on anyone who has anything negative to say about QVC, and when QVC have banned the realists who do, the cults will be circling each other, that should be worth reading if one of them slip up. :mysmilie_17:

Disclaimer, I never have, nor ever will join Facebook or Arsebook as one, I'd never give QVC the chance to ban me and secondly, I doubt I'd last five minutes before they banned me. :mysmilie_17:

I think we all know that, dear shopperholic :mysmilie_19:

Love to know what you said to get blocked!
We'll I shall tell you....the Q had posted that they had deleted to posts as they did ne meet their guidelines. I just happened to comment that what they really meant was they had deleted some posts as they criticised the Q and that the were paranoid over criticism and just wanted total control about what people read about them... Blocked.
Good news. I'm back on again now. Not sure for how long though.

Ha ha ha ha! Hobbiting all the way to the bank! I don't know what Hobbiting means but that's really tickled me.

She says she's got "Hobbit" feet, so those little Hobbit feet will take her to the bank quicker than you can shout "get yours now!" :mysmilie_17:

It strikes me that social media eventually leads to a very narrow perspective on things rather than broadening the variety of views you are exposed to. Ultimately you find you are only talking to yourself! As a private individual, that's sad, as a company it's a recipe for disaster. Really, diversity (not the dance group BTW) is vital for well-being... let's face it, gene-pool diversity declining leads to extinction... viewpoint diversity declining probably has that effect in society and business too.

It strikes me that social media eventually leads to a very narrow perspective on things rather than broadening the variety of views you are exposed to. Ultimately you find you are only talking to yourself! As a private individual, that's sad, as a company it's a recipe for disaster. Really, diversity (not the dance group BTW) is vital for well-being... let's face it, gene-pool diversity declining leads to extinction... viewpoint diversity declining probably has that effect in society and business too.

I think that's a very incisive and profound statement - you're spot on. Ironically, as we gain greater access to more information via social media, the field of vision narrows and people's opinions become dramatically polarised, which alienates those of us from the 'grey area'. Q's FB page is a classic example: it seems now you're either a drooling acolyte or a disillusioned cynic, with little room for anything else!

Outraged poster of the day on Q FB.

Seems she ordered something on advanced order which was due to ship on date X.

But its on its way now and the customer is overdrawn with her bank account.

How can QVC do this, they advertise shipped on date X but then ship weeks early on date Y? Underhand! Others have come forward to say the presenters do say that if the stock comes in early then it will be sent out. But the customer is not happy about this at all and totally livid from reading her comments. They should have this information put on screen in large letters.

I think that's a very incisive and profound statement - you're spot on. Ironically, as we gain greater access to more information via social media, the field of vision narrows and people's opinions become dramatically polarised, which alienates those of us from the 'grey area'. Q's FB page is a classic example: it seems now you're either a drooling acolyte or a disillusioned cynic, with little room for anything else!
It seems to me that the more information the people want to share about Q the less they want you to see which is why they delete so many posts from arsebook and also refuse to publish many of the product reviews. If companies are honest and take the rough with the smooth then people are more likely to trust them. Just reading many of the comments on here it is very clear that there is a cloud of distrust when it comes to Q.

How can QVC do this, they advertise shipped on date X but then ship weeks early on date Y? Underhand! Others have come forward to say the presenters do say that if the stock comes in early then it will be sent out. But the customer is not happy about this at all and totally livid from reading her comments. They should have this information put on screen in large letters.
How sad, my heart bleeds... If you can't afford it, don't buy it is all I have to say...

I don't understand why, when they get stock in earlier than they originally said, QVC can't give people a little bit of notice that money is about to come out of their account. I appreciate they might have to take the money before they despatch an item but surely they don't find out it's coming in to the warehouse, actually take delivery and despatch it all on the same day? If a consignment unexpectedly turns up at their warehouse a week early, on a Monday, for example, why can they not let everyone who's waiting for it know by Tuesday, say, then debit accounts and despatch on Wednesday? God knows, they make us wait for every other delivery!

It seems to me that the more information the people want to share about Q the less they want you to see which is why they delete so many posts from arsebook and also refuse to publish many of the product reviews. If companies are honest and take the rough with the smooth then people are more likely to trust them. Just reading many of the comments on here it is very clear that there is a cloud of distrust when it comes to Q.

Very true, someone posted a link to a website showing what goes on in the fur trade, in the context of Basso's involvement and it was rapidly deleted as apparently, it 'went against house rules' - no idea which ones mind as the Q mods seemed to be ok with letting the unpleasant comments about the YC guest presenter stand.

Latest posts

Back