Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Stop the press, Q has confirmed they're no longer selling No-No!!!!!!

Following on from that 'bombshell', is the person who asked the question then complaining about where is she meant to buy the products from now...mindboggling

It's a disaster! First nowhere to buy my Birkenstocks, now this!

It's a disaster! First nowhere to buy my Birkenstocks, now this!

Oh lord, I never thought of that...of course, that will be the new Birkenstocks won't it, endless moustachioed ladies querying after the overpriced No-No and mourning its passing on Q

Hasten to add, I have a tache n whiskers so I can make light of these things :mysmilie_17:

Oh lord, I never thought of that...of course, that will be the new Birkenstocks won't it, endless moustachioed ladies querying after the overpriced No-No and mourning its passing on Q

Hasten to add, I have a tache n whiskers so I can make light of these things :mysmilie_17:

Pretty much everyone does, Tarketta. I bet you're still beautiful. And the good news is, QVC still sell lawnmowers.

Following on from that 'bombshell', is the person who asked the question then complaining about where is she meant to buy the products from now...mindboggling

At last!!! :mysmilie_17:

Years ago we had coal fires and my Mum would shout " someone move the dog further away from the fire cos I can smell her fur singeing " which brings me to believe now the No No has gone, there`ll be households up and down the Country where the smell of singed hair will no longer happen. Can just imagine someone visiting a house and asking if something is burning and little Jimmy replies " oh its just Mum burning off her moustache !". The mind boggles ...

My world has collapsed. No No has gone:mysmilie_17:

The poor woman has no idea it is widely available elsewhere.

As for the Birkenstocks, I was actually getting very worried as no one has asked about them for months now. The Beauty Bash and Birkenstocks where are they are the lifeblood of Q Facebook page.:mysmilie_19:

Noooooooooooo! no No! No! No! (Oh you know what I mean) what ever is the QVC No! No! buying customer going to do now they've stopped selling the overpriced gadget that has twenty one versions of the same thing that no mattter how many editions they bring out still don't work??!! (A bit like the endless reprints of When The Fat Lady Slims by Fibby Flint). :mysmilie_17:

Someone with QVC dependency! I wonder if they are like this with other shopping? Oh no! Tescos are out of loo roll, wherever will I get it now?

Are Q about to announce the Pearl previously on IW? Or have they accepted the near saturation of their customer base or the awful reviews as a sign to cease and desist?

Pretty much everyone does, Tarketta. I bet you're still beautiful. And the good news is, QVC still sell lawnmowers.

Actually, speaking of lawnmowers, has anyone seen that new show on Channel 4 called Buy It Now? It's a poor man's Dragon's Den, where people come on with an invention and try to flog it to an audience, then after revealing the price, if anyone in the audience is still interested, the inventor faces a panel of three buyers (one of which is sometimes the female MD of Ideal World, as it happens) who hopefully buy up a level of stock to retail. The reason I mention it is that a guy came on with a beard trimmer which worked on the same principle as a lawnmower. It was a small metal cylinder within a cylinder about 5cm long. Unfortunately, he was charging nearly £70 for it so nobody bought.

Anyway, I digress. It was just the lawnmowers reference that started me off.

A lady is asking if there is a Welsh-speaking group?

Seems there is a group who are copying and pasting comments and also screen grabs from the Q Facebook even telling people how to it and she would prefer not to have this happen. Another woman said she was googling something about QVC and a complaint she made about serval items not turning up showing up in another group. She thought it amusing anyone would be interested.

A lady is asking if there is a Welsh-speaking group?

Seems there is a group who are copying and pasting comments and also screen grabs from the Q Facebook even telling people how to it and she would prefer not to have this happen. Another woman said she was googling something about QVC and a complaint she made about serval items not turning up showing up in another group. She thought it amusing anyone would be interested.

I think if being on a forum like this is anything to judge by, people are interested in other people's experiences... it makes them feel reassured that it's not just them who have these experiences... it also means people feel that they could get advice from others where there has been a negative experience (on the basis that people share positive as well as negative experiences). Can't see why participants on any FB groups wouldn't want the same.

It's amazing to me that people are surprised to see their comments turning up in other groups when they are posted on a public group in the first place! Fine if they publish something in a closed group, that would be more disturbing.

Basically, if you use social media of any sort, do it on the basic assumption that it will be public property. After all, even if you are in a closed group, you are relying on everyone else in that group exercising discretion about what's discussed in a group... and you are also relying on their attitude to privacy being same/similar to your own.

Has anyone else noticed web parts/functionality missing from certain areas of the Q website? Depending on how/where I navigate to, the banner at the top is missing the 'sign in to my account' functionality and pictures of items are completely missing in the Recently on Air item pages? It's on both my Mac at home and PC at work so I don't think it's an OS issue, probably more likely an 'improvement'.

No sense asking on Q's FB page as they will just tell me to clear my cache and cookies, snore.

The only thing I have noticed is that pictures of items are sometimes missing, or take so long to load for some reason that I move on before they appear. That has happened when doing a product search, eg YC!!

We now have the same version of the website as the US dont we?

The only thing I have noticed is that pictures of items are sometimes missing, or take so long to load for some reason that I move on before they appear. That has happened when doing a product search, eg YC!!

We now have the same version of the website as the US dont we?

:mysmilie_859:

Hmm! there may be a standardised corporate look, but behind it is the usual antiquated UK technology and the same lackadaisical attention to detail.

And we have, 'Is there a Birkenstock TSV Soon/Coming Up?' One person told them haven't sold them for years, another replied it is only last year they stopped selling Birkenstock. The first person said the questions feels like it has been asked for years. :mysmilie_3:

Don't blame them it did come up like forever.

Anyone else notice the person somewhat obsessively asking for details of jewellery listings to be corrected?! Obviously they should be correct but they seem to keep checking then whinging on the fb about it over and iver ��

Anyone else notice the person somewhat obsessively asking for details of jewellery listings to be corrected?! Obviously they should be correct but they seem to keep checking then whinging on the fb about it over and iver ��

basically if there is an option & its rectangle shaped like the ones he showed then they dont have a picture for them at the moment but are waiting for the samples to come in so they can take a picture of it

Pat's back! Asking after Ralph & wanting more Dyson shows. As he's no longer with Honora maybe he could return to us demonstrating 'Advanced technology' vacuums etc.

Latest posts

Back