Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've always wondered if Prices Candles are any good. To me, Prices candles are still something you have in great quantities in a box under the sink in case there's a power cut. I think I've had the same box under the sink since the mid 70s when we actually did have power cuts! But it seems that Prices have gone upmarket and do 'smellies' now as well as your bog-standard 'household candles'.

We still have regular power cuts,but I have discovered a new invention - - - torches

Price candles are in TKMaxx a lot, the ones they sell burn nicely and smell lovely. Wouldn't buy the ones QVC sell never like the fragrance which no doubt QVC pick to stock.

I have a keyring torch which was given to me a few years back. But I live in a flat and can move around really well in the dark, if I get up in the middle of the night never put the lights on.

The person lamenting the demise of the No!No! on the Q must be delighted that it's being launched on Ideal World this week. Obviously you can't keep a good hair remover down.

Yong Kim and Ingrid will be pissed too now their secret is out, on QVC the Modal fabric vest they used to sell for £110 for one, turns out you can get three Modal and cotton blend vest tops for 14.99 on Ideal World........who knew. :mysmilie_17:

Me and they're lovely. :mysmilie_3:

Someone is asking on QVCs home page, why QVC clothing isn't like it's rival shopping channel good prices, style and quality? QVC clothing will never be like IW because while QVC was spending years trying to be something they're not, IW cornered that market and even if they hadn't, QVC still couldn't compete beause IW cap postage or offer £1 postage with free returns, something QVC will never offer customers when they couldn't even pull next day delivery off. I get most of my clothes from IW and never been disappointed in the quality.

Someone did ask earlier in the week why QVC sold such expensive clothes? Another replied Because they can! Which is true if they did not make money because of bad sales then they would have to do a rethink. QVC is all about making money.

That will be a reason why many brands have disappeared after being on QVC for years, not selling as well so bye bye. New beauty brands pop up to make their mark and move on as they no longer need QVC. Emma Hardie and Joan Collins are two I can think of. Now available in M&S the former even has reps who come to the store to explain how to use etc and give out free samples. I know the local rep and she is always giving me little 5mls pots of the cleanser. They also do specials of full-size products in collections at great prices which would have been TVs if they were still on QVC.

Someone did ask earlier in the week why QVC sold such expensive clothes? Another replied Because they can!

I'm waiting for Q to break the £200 barrier for a stretchy dress. It'll either be Yong Kim or Join, but which? And how will Ingrid justify pricing something which looks like it had fallen out of the washing basket and been screwed up under the bed for a week? "Investment dressing?" "This piece will work so hard for you" (like it's a Fillipino housemaid). We'll see...

So tantalisingly close:

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 08.56.19.jpg

Yong Kim and Ingrid will be pissed too now their secret is out, on QVC the Modal fabric vest they used to sell for £110 for one, turns out you can get three Modal and cotton blend vest tops for 14.99 on Ideal World........who knew. :mysmilie_17:

Me and they're lovely. :mysmilie_3:

I've just found them & they look fantastic. Are they true to size?

I've just found them & they look fantastic. Are they true to size?

I feel they are true to size, I'm a size 16-18 and went for the Xlarge because I'm big busted and they're a really good fit for me, I don't like anything tight or fitted on the boobage area, so I tend to size up for the extra give, but I do find they're true to size. :mysmilie_3:

I feel they are true to size, I'm a size 16-18 and went for the Xlarge because I'm big busted and they're a really good fit for me, I don't like anything tight or fitted on the boobage area, so I tend to size up for the extra give, but I do find they're true to size. :mysmilie_3:

Thanks again shopper & may I compliment you on your lemon sherbet comments today - all spot on!

I notice Ruth Langsford and hubby were at the Palace today whilst he received his OBE but Ruthie wasn`t wearing one of her dress it up, dress it down, suitable for garden parties, weddings etc QVC offerings she spouts about.

I notice Ruth Langsford and hubby were at the Palace today whilst he received his OBE but Ruthie wasn`t wearing one of her dress it up, dress it down, suitable for garden parties, weddings etc QVC offerings she spouts about.

It would be funny to hear a presenter, oh so subtly, mention this. At least one of her own polyester elastane creations wouldn't have creased the way her obviously expensive outfit did. I didn't like the pale shade on her or the puffed sleeves but her hair looked right with her fascinator.

I meant MBE - but you get my point. And xBE for Mr Holmes is too much!

Normally they get them for charity work unless they are top of their profession. There's a level below xBE which might be more appropriate: BEM (British Empire Medal). Is it just me, or isn't it ridiculous we have honours harking back to an empire we haven't had for over 50 years?

Latest posts

Back