Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

People have commented that Michelle Hope & Simon Wilson didn't seem happy with her & MH even told her to calm down. She needs to have it explained to her, probably quite slowly, that she's at work not playing with her dog. She's nearly 40 for life's sake.

Can anyone help with a clip of wilson getting exasperated ? Love to see that. I miss all the best bits :0

I wish Pat would ask for them item number for DF's white peep-toe sandals.

DOitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitDOIT

JFDI !!!

She has :mysmilie_8::mysmilie_17:

Oh I'm so behind!

I can't hide any more, could I be Pat?

N'ah, I don't think so...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not easily offended but have a clear sense of right & wrong. Consequently, I'm concerned that posts made several hours ago about models on QVC are still there, in fact I'm shocked that they were allowed in the first place.

Since FB changed it I can't even read the comments any more, as much as I love her, I'm not joining FB just for Pat. :mysmilie_3:

Since FB changed it I can't even read the comments any more, as much as I love her, I'm not joining FB just for Pat. :mysmilie_3:

I'm not on facebook &, like you, never will be but I can see the visitor posts. I click on posts on left hand menu then click on visitor posts on the right side. I have to wait for the girl with the ice cream to go away but then the posts are in the middle of the screen over the 'main' ones & I just scroll through them. Mr T has been away on a lads week, the cat is sleeping all the time because he can't deal with the change of weather & apart from the times when I've seen our daughter & our totally delicious baby granddaughter I've been quite bored. Reading the daft comments has entertained me.

I belong to a few perfume groups on Facebook and the past week loads of complaints about people posting and they don't appear,r yet posts made at the beginning of the month showing as if just been put up. Some sell perfume and their posts and photos not appearing either. All I am reading is can anyone see my new sales post. No.

So Facebook is screwed up at the moment.

I'm not easily offended but have a clear sense of right & wrong. Consequently, I'm concerned that posts made several hours ago about models on QVC are still there, in fact I'm shocked that they were allowed in the first place.

Which model posts? Not on fakebook - I miss all this fun!

Which model posts? Not on fakebook - I miss all this fun!

I'm not either but I read the daft comments when I'm bored. They were posted during the early hours & have been taken down now & they insulted Brucella, the tall, slender model with the mass of curls. The initial comment was about her gait & the others went on to suggest that QVC had an agenda concerning the models they use.

I'm not either but I read the daft comments when I'm bored. They were posted during the early hours & have been taken down now & they insulted Brucella, the tall, slender model with the mass of curls. The initial comment was about her gait & the others went on to suggest that QVC had an agenda concerning the models they use.

Indeed. Nasty Daily Express readers frothing at the mouth because QVC uses black models, which must mean there's some EU/metropolitan liberal/snowflake conspiracy at work. Pathetic.

At the end of the day, all the models will be selected and hired via an agency, or several agencies. Different brands particularly like working with certain models and always ask for them. Other brands are more flexible. And sometimes the models available on a given day are dictated by specific brand returning models - particularly on TSV days.

Given that QVC are booking in London, it is highly likely that for shows where they need additional models at relatively short notice they will have more diverse backgrounds. I am frankly more concerned with how many of the models clearly do not have a clue about how to model anything - clothes or other items! No wonder we are all reminiscing on another thread about Sharon, Goody and Tanya...

I bet most of us could say which models would be working if there was, for example a Nina Leonard TSV in Lenny's time, or a Liz Earle TSV. We all know that a Lola Rose TSV would involve Katherine Russell. When Diane Gilman used to come to QVC, that would be Katherine and her mum Jane modelling (and these days they will be expected when Ruth Langsford shows are on, too). Deborah-Ann does Bare Minerals every time. Sharon Fifer invariably does Perricone. Plenty more examples of "predictable" models on TSV days. That's not a criticism, just an observation.

Indeed. Nasty Daily Express readers frothing at the mouth because QVC uses black models, which must mean there's some EU/metropolitan liberal/snowflake conspiracy at work. Pathetic.

The inference was that La Q used models that were in the style of Caitlyn Jenner & I don't think they meant they could do the high jump.

I hadn't realised until you said this just how long ago it is that I've seen Diane Gilman or her clothes. When did that disappear?!

It's been a few years, others probably have a clearer idea - Diane had some health problems and a few shows I think the ubiquitous Carla Laszlo deputised for her (though she's also someone I've not seen on air for quite some time - but that's maybe because my viewing habit has massively reduced). Initially it was she would be away for a few months, then it extended, then it was that the range was being dropped, if I recall correctly.

The inference was that La Q used models that were in the style of Caitlyn Jenner & I don't think they meant they could do the high jump.

How delightful! Frankly, if a model is trans or whatever and does a good job, that would be fine by me. I care more about their competency and professionalism. For the models, and the presenters and guests - give me the right information at the right time, show me the merchandise in a useful way...

It's been a few years, others probably have a clearer idea - Diane had some health problems and a few shows I think the ubiquitous Carla Laszlo deputised for her (though she's also someone I've not seen on air for quite some time - but that's maybe because my viewing habit has massively reduced). Initially it was she would be away for a few months, then it extended, then it was that the range was being dropped, if I recall correctly.

Thanks.

You must be watching at different times to me then - our Carla and her 'girls' never seem to be off my screen. I don't mind her though: at least she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously.

Comment made about a 5* review being left for the Decleor TSV when the person has only placed the order. I've just looked at the reviews & there's a second one, also 5* & also given after seeing the demonstration. Totally ridiculous & makes a mockery of a review system, it may as well be called 'First Impression Comments'.

Comment made about a 5* review being left for the Decleor TSV when the person has only placed the order. I've just looked at the reviews & there's a second one, also 5* & also given after seeing the demonstration. Totally ridiculous & makes a mockery of a review system, it may as well be called 'First Impression Comments'.

In most online systems they would check for purchase, and it would ideally also check that the product is dispatched... But we are talking about QVC!

If I see reviews like that I usually tick No as helpfulness rating

I used to complain but it was a waste of time as the Q & the independent review company aren't interested. Now I just ridicule them on here!

Latest posts

Back