Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone has bought the Dyson Hairdryer and going on holiday today. She wanted to know if it was dual voltage, seems not. A number of people saying for the price it should be able to work on Mars. Another poster are saying that some other countries have dodgy electric.:mysmilie_17: and she wouldn't want to use it outside the UK>

It's like running round Asda (or any other retailer) wishing the staff happy birthday, could you imagine the looks you'd get! :mysmilie_15:

Imagine ringing up Amazon and shouting "happy birthday!" they'd go "....erm....oh yes....er...ok...thank you", then put the phone down and tell their colleagues they'd just had a right idiot on the line.

It's like running round Asda (or any other retailer) wishing the staff happy birthday, could you imagine the looks you'd get! :mysmilie_15:

Imagine ringing up Amazon and shouting "happy birthday!" they'd go "....erm....oh yes....er...ok...thank you", then put the phone down and tell their colleagues they'd just had a right idiot on the line.

I can see them having hysterics & I've got to stop reading your comments while having a drink :mysmilie_847: Fortunately this time the washing & the cat were safe but I now need to find another light outfit for my weigh-in, SW not a title fight!

I can see them having hysterics & I've got to stop reading your comments while having a drink :mysmilie_847: Fortunately this time the washing & the cat were safe but I now need to find another light outfit for my weigh-in, SW not a title fight!

:mysmilie_19:

I had to re read your post T, I first thought that said "washing the cat" :mysmilie_19:
That's so funny, made my day, thank you. :mysmilie_12:

Comment about the 'lovely' Ms Huntley wearing something suitable for Halloween so I had a look at the recording. She looked bizarre but it's the rubbish she spouts that drives me loopy - "Ooh, I can't find the length in inches, Oh yes, here it is around about 73 inches, a little bit more or less..." She only had to find the measurements for three sizes & she then tells people that a dress will be longer than six feet. She also did a Kabler the Gabbler by saying that she would give out the measurements QUICKLY, not helpful at all.

It's pot luck isn't it wether you pick the right size, and with those eye watering postage charges with return postage on top, I'm surprised anyone buys anything from them, especially clothes and perfume when they're so adamant they don't want to give sizes out.

The other day I caught a bit of Chloe presenting clothes. She said straight away, 'sorry but I have no measurements'. No fudging around just the truth

I don't mind if the presenter has no info on their blue card; but I think the responsibility should lie with the brand rep (if there is one) to know the sizes and colour names before they appear on air. Otherwise what are they there for? Kim has set the bar very high in this respect: like or loathe her clothes, she is completely on the ball when it comes to sizing, item numbers of matching items and colour names.

I love Kim!!! Maybe not the clothes, def. not the prices, but the quirky(?)ness & the 'wee dance' are all amusing/endearing. What I really love is that she knows.her.****. I also really like her voice & heritage...

PS Slightly off thread but: Binlid - please define.

Pat strikes again!

Asking QVC to confirm they will not be employing a disgraced presenter who has been suspended from another channel for racist comments.

The presenter is Peter Simon and channel Ideal World. :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_15::cheeky:

People are asking Who?

Chloe has been mentioned as being employed by QVC after the sex gate comments on Sky

I don't mind if the presenter has no info on their blue card; but I think the responsibility should lie with the brand rep (if there is one) to know the sizes and colour names before they appear on air. Otherwise what are they there for? Kim has set the bar very high in this respect: like or loathe her clothes, she is completely on the ball when it comes to sizing, item numbers of matching items and colour names.

She always shows up too, unlike some brand owners who get too big for their boots and decide to send a stand-in.

just saw this

"Does anyone know what has happened to Green Seasons and there meat hampers? Enjoyed there meat evry year dont know if to try this new supplier they have ��"

that will cause an erruption

Michele Hope also knows her products well, and often takes over from the presenter when giving sizes, fabric(ation).

Birkenstock has raised its head again (odd to be looking for them for first time mid October).

Has our Pat changed sex or is the gent and his Decleor order for real:mysmilie_17:

Lady upset that US has new Dyson thing first and on 12 EP. The replies have been less than friendly.

Yes I saw the post by the guy about his Decleor but his profile says he`s a professor in America so he may be on the wrong facebook page instead of QVC US plus for a so called professor his spelling is atrocious. Or he could be a complete and utter windup.
As for Bayliss and Harding , heavens knows why people buy it from Q,even our local garage has a few sets on sale. Probably for people dashing out on Christmas day because they`ve forgotten to buy Aunty Nellie a Christmas present.

I'm not on fb but do look at the visitor posts because so many are downright bizarre, especially those asking the shade of lippy or make of jewellery worn by the guests. As for those asking if certain brands are still sold why don't they look at the website?

The Dyson Styler was really funny, the OP got put down very quickly. She was a loyal customer of QVC and not happy. What has that got to do with anything seemed to be the reply from people?

Bayliss and Hardy are always in TKMaxx cheap as anything.

Ah, dear old Birkenstocks only takes people like two years to spot they have gone. Beauty Bash should be making an appearance shortly they seem to follow each other.

I must be very weird I have never wanted to know what shade makeup or brand of clothes someone on TV is wearing.:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back