Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's this crown business I missed?

Oh SB were to begin, Julia Roberts and Debbie Flint both abused the system. Everyone knows that if your place of work hold a competition, then employees, their family and friends are not allowed to enter because if they did it could be seen as cheating, anyway, at QVC this doesn't apply to their employees though unless their customers pull them up on it. Julia Roberts bid (and won) a Diamoneek crown auctioned by QVC, then later on Debbie Flint for a (I think it was) a meal with Joan Collins on behalf of her friend Sharon Harvey, and won. When they were pulled up on it, the auction was cancelled meaning thanks to Debbie Flints underhanded and devious, selfish tactics, knowing full well she wasn't allowed to take part, Breast Cancer Care lost money. To make matters worse, QVC didn't mind all this and only did something about it due to the outcry on Social Media. I think that's about it SB.

My memory (Stratto needs to confirm) is that THE CROWN was valued at 10 grand. The auction suddenly stopped, no one knew who won/for how much, just disappeared.

Later it was “rumoured “ to have made its way to Roberts towers at a knockdown price.

My memory (Stratto needs to confirm) is that THE CROWN was valued at 10 grand. The auction suddenly stopped, no one knew who won/for how much, just disappeared.

Later it was “rumoured “ to have made its way to Roberts towers at a knockdown price.

Yes that's right Lati, that's how I remembered it too.

She became friendly with Debbie Flint through Social Media, I think because of her love of all things QVC and constant butt kissing opened the door (via her now very good friend Debbie Flint) to an endless world of free beauty products, they were always going to be amazing for a few reasons, it’s not what you know eh T?..........

It's most definitely NOT.

They have no moral compass, what a lot of self-serving individuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that some of the auctions like a day with Dawn Bibby when for eye watering prices.

Despite charity auctions (not just BCC) being for extremely good causes I’ve never really understood how people have the many thousands to win a particular item. Often thought it would be fairer to have the prestige items on a £10 ticket ballot where many thousands could have a chanceo. Seems to be it would be more in the spirit of “charity”

The Joan Collins lunch was two years later and that is what really killed off the live BCC shows, plus no doubt QVC couldn't be arsed doing it anymore. Their own companies stopped donating products, there used to be the Cooks pots and their own bedding that all went before the final cut.

Julia bid on the crown???
I didn’t know that, but then I could never watch the full evenings.
I just thought I caught the end of the show were she was wearing it.
Did someone eventually confirm about Julia voiding the auction then?
Shocked, I never knew that.

:mysmilie_468::mysmilie_846::mysmilie_478:'

Julia bid on the crown???
I didn’t know that, but then I could never watch the full evenings.
I just thought I caught the end of the show were she was wearing it.
Did someone eventually confirm about Julia voiding the auction then?
Shocked, I never knew that.

:mysmilie_468::mysmilie_846::mysmilie_478:'

I don’t think QVC or any of the bidders ever fully explained the cancelling of the auction lots, or what happened to the crown, did they? Wasn’t it all swept under the carpet? A couple of years ago, Will Gowling mentioned the crown on his Facebook page - I think it was entirely innocent and he surely had no idea of the scandal over it (all happened before his time?) or he would never have brought it up. Strato posted a response on there, asking what had happened to the crown and WG said he’d look into it but that was the last we heard. I’m sure WG spent a few days on the naughty step for that.

Ah, just found the ST thread:

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/showthread.php?48887-Crowngate-resuurrected&highlight=Crown

Wow just had a read I had really no idea that it had been said there had been a tweet at the end of the auction from the person who won and how much for

:mysmilie_13:

Being a relatively new member I knew nothing about Crowngate. I'm disgusted but not surprised, I even call her Queen Julia. As for the other one, who never says please or thank you & constantly 'sells' her other life, it's not worth finding the words. If QJ has got it I wonder if it looks out of place in her all grey house.

The Mail has asked for comments so here's hoping QVC customers flood the article with some home truths.

Sorry, Linwood but that was ages ago and nothing was ever done. The crown and Will's comment brought it back but once again all went quiet too much time has passed. Look at Green Seasons and two years in a row people not getting their food orders even when QVC CS on Xmas Eve morning telling them it would be arriving that day. No, people left waiting and getting nothing on. If you kicked up big enough sh*t you got your money back and compensation but too late for those with no Xmas food for the 25th. And still, the idiots ask on the Facebook page when are the food hampers coming?

Am I remembering correctly that Lulu had an auction for a day (lunch?j with her plus goodies and it didn’t reach anywhere Near the one for D Bibby. She had a face on her like a smacked arse.

CROWNGATE AAAARRRRRGGGGG

There was lots of publicity about the repro crown on QVC for weeks before the auction.

I was prepared to bid quite a lot, so watched avidly and continuously, but never saw the auction so couldn't bid.

As mentioned above, it appears it was bought by a QVC insider at a fraction of its real value, and in fact much less than it actually cost to make it, with all those jewels etc, and a base of gold-plated silver.

I'll have nightmares about it tonight now ;)

That's shocking!!! What's also shocking is that something from eek was valued at 10k. Fake glass.......really?

That's shocking!!! What's also shocking is that something from eek was valued at 10k. Fake glass.......really?

It was specially commissioned by Q, and there was a huge amount of work put into in, presumably by a silversmith. Have a look at the Daily Mail link for the details of the number of eeks of various colours.

Latest posts

Back