Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Woman sent back an item(clothes), using the distance selling and QVC did not refund her original p&p. They said they found a hair on the clothes! She is saying that is rubbish others are saying well they send clothes out with bodily fluids etc with no problems:mysmilie_19: Others saying how returns are just thrown back on the shelves without checking and resent out. Telling her to go to Watchdog, actually seen this a number of times recently go to Watchdog and shame QVC. Another woman said she was told the clothes she sent back and claimed p&p refund smelt of perfume. She never tried the thing on and just returned. So no doubt whoever had it before her wore perfume.

Here in Northern Ireland(I take it an Irish thing), if someone is killed hit by a car etc. Suddenly a little shrine pops up on the nearest lamp post and flowers left and I mean for years. A lamp post near my main road bus stop a girl was hit by a car and killed some years back and fake flowers are still tied to the lamp post they fade and new ones and a photo replace each time.
In Southern Ireland I’ve seen crosses set into the banking on roadsides with all sorts of flowers and such like. I would never want to be remembered on the side of a busy road and I certainly don’t want loads of beautiful flowers wasted at my funeral. I love flowers but hate to see them thrown on a refuse heap.

Not being morbid here but just telling it as it was. When my first hubby was terminally ill and knew he was dying he got around to talking about his wishes etc and sorting out his own funeral. One thing he emphasized was that I hadn`t to spend a fortune on flowers and also to tell other people not to send flowers but to ask for donations and give it to the hospital who`d treated his illness. We had one family wreath which my niece actually made for me ( she`s a florist ) and we donated over £500 to the hospital.
He also told me that after he`d died I`d to go buy the nicest vase I could find and instead of placing flowers on his grave I`d to put flowers in my vase and think of him and enjoy the flowers. He`s been gone almost 14 years and I still do this every week. I bought a stunning crystal vase which back then cost me £140 but it`s my prize possession and I cherish it and also the memories it gives me of a wonderful man.

I can’t stand those wreaths that spell out a name or mum, brother etc. I’ve said if anyone bought one of those when I die I will come back and haunt them.
When there have been tragedies you sometimes see footage on the news of people turning up with all the family like it’s some kind of big day out. I really don’t understand why people would take their small children, it just doesn’t seem right.

I couldn't agree more.

...And is it just me or do the flowers always look like those from the garage/shell minimart?

Oh my goodness no! The flowers in the crem courtyard have clearly cost a fortune. I remember when my stepdad died, just one large spray of lilies (it was large) on the coffin cost £150. Funeral flowers are never cheap.

W
Woman sent back an item(clothes), using the distance selling and QVC did not refund her original p&p. They said they found a hair on the clothes! She is saying that is rubbish others are saying well they send clothes out with bodily fluids etc with no problems:mysmilie_19: Others saying how returns are just thrown back on the shelves without checking and resent out. Telling her to go to Watchdog, actually seen this a number of times recently go to Watchdog and shame QVC. Another woman said she was told the clothes she sent back and claimed p&p refund smelt of perfume. She never tried the thing on and just returned. So no doubt whoever had it before her wore perfume.

The poster with the stray hair is a very very regular poster methinks the worm has turned.

my best friend died a few years ago rather than buy flowers I gave her only child some money. she was being cremated and there was enough plants there must have cost a fortune.

I purchased a dress from them recently - it smelt of perfume. I can only presume someone had worn it and coated themselves, and the dress, in scent. I rang up and complained and then, of course, had to wait for the return label. However, I was refunded by customer services that day for the cost of the dress. The lady I spoke to did apologise, but it is completely unacceptable for them to send out used goods to customers, and told her so at the time. Disgusting.

Not being morbid here but just telling it as it was. When my first hubby was terminally ill and knew he was dying he got around to talking about his wishes etc and sorting out his own funeral. One thing he emphasized was that I hadn`t to spend a fortune on flowers and also to tell other people not to send flowers but to ask for donations and give it to the hospital who`d treated his illness. We had one family wreath which my niece actually made for me ( she`s a florist ) and we donated over £500 to the hospital.
He also told me that after he`d died I`d to go buy the nicest vase I could find and instead of placing flowers on his grave I`d to put flowers in my vase and think of him and enjoy the flowers. He`s been gone almost 14 years and I still do this every week. I bought a stunning crystal vase which back then cost me £140 but it`s my prize possession and I cherish it and also the memories it gives me of a wonderful man.

Lovely way to remember your first husband Vienna.

I purchased a dress from them recently - it smelt of perfume. I can only presume someone had worn it and coated themselves, and the dress, in scent. I rang up and complained and then, of course, had to wait for the return label. However, I was refunded by customer services that day for the cost of the dress. The lady I spoke to did apologise, but it is completely unacceptable for them to send out used goods to customers, and told her so at the time. Disgusting.

I've had loads of things that smelled of perfume and as I posted somewhere else, a recent purchase smelled of curry as well. Obviously been worn on a night out and chucked back in the bag to get a refund. You can't really send out used items as new and charge the same price, there has to be a policy whereby the customer knows they are getting returns/used goods. Or is that what waitlist is?

CC

I've had loads of things that smelled of perfume and as I posted somewhere else, a recent purchase smelled of curry as well. Obviously been worn on a night out and chucked back in the bag to get a refund. You can't really send out used items as new and charge the same price, there has to be a policy whereby the customer knows they are getting returns/used goods. Or is that what waitlist is?

CC

Possibly/probably regarding waitlist!

Oh my goodness no! The flowers in the crem courtyard have clearly cost a fortune. I remember when my stepdad died, just one large spray of lilies (it was large) on the coffin cost £150. Funeral flowers are never cheap.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean the funeral flowers - that would have been a rude post. I meant the ones you see on the roadside still in plazzy cellophane after a RTC has occured. Funeral flowers are totally overpriced. Bit naughty really......

I had a friend who returned clothes after wearing to shops, usually outfits to wear at weddings or special occasions. Her thinking was too expensive and will not wear again.

So one son getting married she went to an expensive boutique and got a lovely bright rose pink dress with a bolero to match after the wedding I was with her the day she went back to the boutique(now before this other shops she never had a problem returning the dresses), woman who owned the boutique served us. The friend explained she bought but changed her mind and never wore the outfit wearing something else. The shop owner sniffed the outfit and declared it had been worn as it smelt of smoke and perfume. The friend said it had been hanging in her wardrobe and perhaps that was how it happened. The shop owner was having none of it and said this has been worn and even took a new one from the hanger and asked me to smell the difference. New one nothing friend's one clearly heavy smoke and yes perfume. The friend was outraged that they would not take back the outfit and she had to leave with it.:mysmilie_17:

And yes she did smoke and you could clearly tell the smoke smell on the outfit was not just hanging in the wardrobe.

I was at a meeting and saw a lady with the tags still on her outfit.

I was charitable and thought she had just forgotten to take them off but my colleague was pretty sure that she would return it the next day. This lady was pretty wealthy so no need to do this but perhaps that’s how you get to be wealthy!

I had a friend who returned clothes after wearing to shops, usually outfits to wear at weddings or special occasions. Her thinking was too expensive and will not wear again.

So one son getting married she went to an expensive boutique and got a lovely bright rose pink dress with a bolero to match after the wedding I was with her the day she went back to the boutique(now before this other shops she never had a problem returning the dresses), woman who owned the boutique served us. The friend explained she bought but changed her mind and never wore the outfit wearing something else. The shop owner sniffed the outfit and declared it had been worn as it smelt of smoke and perfume. The friend said it had been hanging in her wardrobe and perhaps that was how it happened. The shop owner was having none of it and said this has been worn and even took a new one from the hanger and asked me to smell the difference. New one nothing friend's one clearly heavy smoke and yes perfume. The friend was outraged that they would not take back the outfit and she had to leave with it.:mysmilie_17:

And yes she did smoke and you could clearly tell the smoke smell on the outfit was not just hanging in the wardrobe.

Wow! fancy going to return and lie in front of you, it does really put you in a difficult position
Hope she’s still a friend and perhaps learned her lesson

I was charitable and thought she had just forgotten to take them off but my colleague was pretty sure that she would return it the next day. This lady was pretty wealthy so no need to do this but perhaps that’s how you get to be wealthy!

Oh my word not charitable especially to the poor person who buys the worn returned outfit :mysmilie_19:

Are these ladies not aware of Q’s fashion :mysmilie_50:

As perfume and smoking allowed whilst the wearing of their lovely creations, tags can also be removed and worn for meetings, weddings and charity events.
In fact any cocking picking event you wish and returned within 30 days for a full refund, less postage paid with not a single lie required in the process.

:mysmilie_17:

I went to a works get together in a restaurant a few years ago & the woman behind me said my label was out, I thought she meant the tiny label sewn inside. NO, there was a massive cardboard label hanging off a pin, I was mortified and took it out straight away. Until then I felt lovely in my new top. Doh!

I went to a works get together in a restaurant a few years ago & the woman behind me said my label was out, I thought she meant the tiny label sewn inside. NO, there was a massive cardboard label hanging off a pin, I was mortified and took it out straight away. Until then I felt lovely in my new top. Doh!

Wonder how many had said before hand she’ll be taking that back tomorrow

Bet you were glad she’d told you

:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back