Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bloggergate now kicking off! “back to you” beauty blogger posted somewhere that she wasn’t going to answer questions. Quite rightly not going down too well.

She's totally not qualified & doesn't 'know her **** enough to be doing it in the first place. (mostly, I feel the reason for the fatwa) She is a chancer blag/blogger.

This now means that the **** she spouts will now be nothing more than edvertorial. Not that it was ever more in the first place. Fecking eejit simpleton Pat Butcher relation.

View attachment 17190 It wasn't me, I didn't do it. :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_15:

Oh, poor poor moosey. Wicked candy. You should be locked away in a cave with pigeons for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
If you've not visited this thread for a while, you get quite a shock if you immediately go to the last page (399) and read the top post by shopperholic. I thought for a minute this forum had changed into something quite different!

If you've not visited this thread for a while, you get quite a shock if you immediately go to the last page (399) and read the top post by shopperholic. I thought for a minute this forum had changed into something quite different!

Yes, I can imagine what would be going through people’s minds reading that, good job you didn’t see the link Crafty. :mysmilie_19:

This is related to this thread via twitter & instagram. I've just had a slightly frantic neighbour visit asking me what I gave my children when they had tummy bugs. Standing well back I told her & asked who was ill. "Pipa" came the reply, not knowing any Pipas/Pippas I must have looked blank & then she said that Pipa from the Q has had an awful holiday that ended with her being really ill. This has all been posted & my neighbour is going to tell her that drinking flat Coke & eating ready salted crisps will make her feel better, as recommended by ME! I ask you.

This is related to this thread via twitter & instagram. I've just had a slightly frantic neighbour visit asking me what I gave my children when they had tummy bugs. Standing well back I told her & asked who was ill. "Pipa" came the reply, not knowing any Pipas/Pippas I must have looked blank & then she said that Pipa from the Q has had an awful holiday that ended with her being really ill. This has all been posted & my neighbour is going to tell her that drinking flat Coke & eating ready salted crisps will make her feel better, as recommended by ME! I ask you.

How did you keep a straight face??? Is she a simpleton?

How did you keep a straight face??? Is she a simpleton?
She was so perturbed I doubt she would have noticed if I'd done this :mysmilie_483: She's not a simpleton, just a Q addict; the amount of stuff she buys is incredible, we know because we accept the majority of her parcels.

She was so perturbed I doubt she would have noticed if I'd done this :mysmilie_483: She's not a simpleton, just a Q addict; the amount of stuff she buys is incredible, we know because we accept the majority of her parcels.

In my worst days of QVC shopping, when I probably was addicted, it still wouldn't occur to me to get in a tizzy over a QVC presenter's tummy bug. The mere fact it is known suggests Pipa is recovered to me. I hope your neighbour manages to snap out of her addiction and come to her senses.

Perhaps the same thing?

Oh my word T, you wouldn’t know wether to laugh or cry for them would you? I’d have sat her down, give her some sweet tea (good for shock) and dial 999. :mysmilie_3:

In my worst days of QVC shopping, when I probably was addicted, it still wouldn't occur to me to get in a tizzy over a QVC presenter's tummy bug. The mere fact it is known suggests Pipa is recovered to me. I hope your neighbour manages to snap out of her addiction and come to her senses.

I agree completely. Buying regularly from a retailer is one thing, viewing the sales staff as friends is something else. Obviously the Q is only interested in making money & they created this environment of cosy togetherness as yet another way of doing that, however, many customers buy it in the same way that they purchase stuff. My neighbour is an intelligent woman with a happy family & a career she enjoys she just loves her tv friends as well. Yesterday she asked me to be careful when I feed my granddaughter pasta because one of the presenters children had choked recently when a piece got stuck in her throat. I'm 60, mum to 2, granny to 3 & I don't need health & safety advice from QVC.

You do get addicted though. At a time when I had gone through a lot, lived alone, didn't have much in my life except work, I ordered so much stuff. I think I just wanted to get things through the door, gifts to myself. I spent a fortune, many boxes unopened, unused and the contents sent to charity. Things are different now but I still spend far too much. You DO believe the presenters are your friend. It's company in the house if it's just you and well, it's only a few more pounds a month on easy pay. I hope that doesn't make me sound sad but I've been there and I know just how you can get sucked in. Never followed anyone's facebook or instagram and it wouldn't enter my head to contact them.

CC

Years ago it was easy to understand how we might have felt some affinity with presenters since there was a soft sell approach and shows were a bit of fun (Pipa in particular) but now I cant imagine even passing the time of day with any of them if I came into contact with them as they are so self obsessed and are the type of people I despise nowadays - the me me me’s of this world.

Latest posts

Back