Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When will Q cotton on that these brand ambassadors stylist or whatever title they care to add to their name at the bottom of the screen at the start of the show add little credibility.
Not when previously the brand has clearly been represented by an owner, designer, member of the company or someone clearly chosen by the brand and these persons only appear for this brand.
This large new selection of guests that appear for multiple different shows churning out the same stock phases, add very little and it’s evident they have just turned up for a shift like a presenter to flog the products in the show.

Yes, if they really want/need to save some money, perhaps start there? If the presenters have lost the knack of preparing properly for shows, they might need to cast their eyes in that direction as well.

Perhaps they could produce a range of QVC mugs ?

1. A set of four in different shades of taupe, with the Q logo in white, by Kelly Hoppen
2. A Bundleberry set by Amanda Holden. Tin mugs in various shades of neon, with rose gold logo & handles in the form of strap locks
3. glass with the logo etched in silver. Sent out with a YC votive in each. Auto delivery for Christmas - snowflake-etched and holding seasonal flavours of YC

The possibilities are endless !

I was once called a 'mug snob' because if I have a hot drink it has to be in the correct mug: tea in bone china, peppermint tea in a tall latte glass & coffee in a cup. The QVC mugs look awful, thick & clunky, a lot like the sales staff.

Shaking my head at QVC super fan as she calls herself AKA sycophant, asking about and wanting to buy QVC mugs like the presenters use on air. Of course JoeX will put forward their suggestion and other people saying they want one too lol.

Are you sure that wasn't a joke? I think it probably was.....

I was once called a 'mug snob' because if I have a hot drink it has to be in the correct mug: tea in bone china, peppermint tea in a tall latte glass & coffee in a cup. The QVC mugs look awful, thick & clunky, a lot like the sales staff.

I'm just the same, T. I can't bear thick mugs, made of 'stoneware'...vile.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a child my great aunt Peggy always gave me tea in a dainty china cup. And you were told do not drop it, I swear the bone china was so fine you could see through it. Everyone got bone china for tea.

Oh my goodness, there are times I come on here and realise I am not alone, but often I don’t say some things. Not because I am a shrinking violet (I’m not) but because I don’t think anyone thinks as I do.

Glad to say I’m with you all the way on the mugs. Well said! :mysmilie_497::mysmilie_502::mysmilie_520:

Oh my goodness, there are times I come on here and realise I am not alone, but often I don’t say some things. Not because I am a shrinking violet (I’m not) but because I don’t think anyone thinks as I do.

Glad to say I’m with you all the way on the mugs. Well said! :mysmilie_497::mysmilie_502::mysmilie_520:

People just don't 'do' things properly/with decorum/grace/anymore. It's a great shame, & humility has vanished - The word won't even be in the Oxford soon, I suspect. I sound around 92, I know, far from it. Would have loved to have been in the age when gents wore, & tipped a hat . The male pensioners of tomorrow will have jeans around their knees, etc etc

Do they still have the small print which clearly explains what you can and can't do with returns and usage of the 30 day money back guarantee?

I never remember reading it... anyone else?

Happily the only reason they would send me a letter these days would be for a "when are you going to buy something", as I'm doing pretty well so far this year...:mysmilie_50:

I've just found this, it's in the cancellation & mbg section of the terms & conditions. I can't see 50% anywhere.

9.4 'It is our policy to contact and work with customers whose level of returns is very high. This is to ensure that our prices are not negatively impacted by the cost to QVC of dealing with an extremely high number of returns by a small minority of customers. If a customer continues to return an extremely high number of products to us, we reserve the right to close their account. If this happens the customer's statutory rights will remain unaffected, orders accepted by us before the account has been closed will be fulfilled in accordance with these terms and individual product warranties will continue to be honoured in accordance their terms'.

90% would be very high. 50% probably means that the wrong information/size was given out on a show or the customer received a return. They seem to make up the rules as they go along.

Lots of people popping out of the woodwork to ask when Christmas in July is on - even if you can't grasp the basic concept, there's no chance of missing it as it'll be flogged to death in promos before it even starts!

Lots of people popping out of the woodwork to ask when Christmas in July is on - even if you can't grasp the basic concept, there's no chance of missing it as it'll be flogged to death in promos before it even starts!

Newbies, memory issues or just plain thick? Like the real thing it happens the same time every year.

Newbies, memory issues or just plain thick? Like the real thing it happens the same time every year.

Got to be the latter - one of them got very upset when someone pointed out how obvious the answer was and basically accused them of being anti-Xmas - get a grip folks!

Got to be the latter - one of them got very upset when someone pointed out how obvious the answer was and basically accused them of being anti-Xmas - get a grip folks!

I believe Anti-Christmas is Father Christmas's sister?

(Sorry, in a silly mood.)

Sticking my neck out here as I actually like a little bit of Christmas in July. I have bought some nice things over the years that bring me joy when I decorate my house in December. However, just have that one day for the early birds and then shut up about it until Dec 1. I bought the meat packs for years and always enjoyed them but now we tend to go away at Christmas so I buy a lot less and I no longer buy food. It's the QVC overkill that goes on from September that pee's folk off.

CC

Sticking my neck out here as I actually like a little bit of Christmas in July. I have bought some nice things over the years that bring me joy when I decorate my house in December. However, just have that one day for the early birds and then shut up about it until Dec 1. I bought the meat packs for years and always enjoyed them but now we tend to go away at Christmas so I buy a lot less and I no longer buy food. It's the QVC overkill that goes on from September that pee's folk off.

CC

Totally agree. If Christmas in July was a one-off it would be tolerable. Instead like with the TSV, Q have managed to take the "special" out of it.

Latest posts

Back