Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do you think they REALLY order, or is it just part of their selling technique? They could easily order before the show if they wanted to, they obviously know what will be on.

The time I seen Chuntley ordering on air she said “I know! I know! I could’ve ordered before I came on air but I wasn’t going to spend money today but I really, really like it” on that occasion she really did order, it was a sale hour and there were only a few in each size left (apparently) and she wanted one the selfish cow and she was going to get it, bugger the customer. :mysmilie_3:

I mentioned this before and there was a thread on here about it. Now we are going back in time to when so we had a TSV and CHuntley decided in the TSV hour to order live on air. The TSV did not even make it to the repeat hours starting at 7 am no advance orders either. So many comments about her being a selfish stunt. For some reason, I think it was jewellery?

A very unhappy customer:

So after my first (and last) excruciatingly poor shopping experience with QVC even an email to their CEO doesn’t get any response it would seem.
The customer service experience of QVC makes Ryanair look impressive.
Two missed collection, now they’re saying the supplying manufacturer has no trace of return collected by a 7.5 tonne truck! They want be to post proof of posting!!!!!
I’m owed over £300 by this shower and I’d like it back together with a grovelling apology.
Just poor

Meanwhile, a Stan wants to know if the backdrop used on shows is a real brick wall or wallpaper? If it is wallpaper where can they buy it? :mysmilie_19:

A post with a woman showing a top she bought has a hole where it is coming away from the seam

A very unhappy customer:

So after my first (and last) excruciatingly poor shopping experience with QVC even an email to their CEO doesn’t get any response it would seem.
Two missed collection, now they’re saying the supplying manufacturer has no trace of return collected by a 7.5 tonne truck! They want be to post proof of posting!!!!!
I’m owed over £300 by this shower and I’d like it back together with a grovelling apology.
Just poor��

Meanwhile, a Stan wants to know if the backdrop used on shows is a real brick wall or wallpaper? If it is wallpaper where can they buy it? :mysmilie_19:

A post with a woman showing a top she bought has a hole where it is coming away from the seam

I would not have spent £300+ on my first purchase but each to their own. The wallpaper query has to be one of the best.

I’m interested what £300 item gets collected in a 7.5 tonne truck? :mysmilie_50: :mysmilie_17:

I wondered about that & decided it was a mattress, as the only other item I could think of that would have been bigger, was a bed & £300 seemed a low price for one. I suppose I could have done some research but the sun's shining, it was S W morning & I've given enough time to this misguided person as it is. In all honesty even the AMAZING £5 offer on the first order from the Q wouldn't entice me to spend that amount of money on a first purchase.

Absolutely. However, I thought the following question was particularly bad even for a 'Facebook posting idiot' - "How to get my four digit pin please to register?" :thinking:

Facebook posting idiots are often a daily highlight for me - funnier than those jokes that everyone used to mail about.

A very unhappy customer:

Just poor��

Hands up who thinks the brick wall/wallpaper post is a p**s take?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on the brick wall. Seems it is part of the set and a false wall so no wallpaper for Stan.

Big news! Pat has returned, yes she is back. Pat is downsizing her home since half of her children have flown the nest and now only husband, Pat and three children left. So now in a 19th house and in need of a stylist designer so can QVC lend her one of theirs.:mysmilie_17:

Update on the brick wall. Seems it is part of the set and a false wall so no wallpaper for Stan.

Big news! Pat has returned, yes she is back. Pat is downsizing her home since half of her children have flown the nest and now only husband, Pat and three children left. So now in a 19th house and in need of a stylist designer so can QVC lend her one of theirs.:mysmilie_17:

Praise be! The sun must have flushed her out.

:heart::heart::heart: to Pat.

Has a QVCRobotx replied yet?

No official reply to Pat's query.

Now this one from a customer and a mixed sympathy from replies.

I would like to make customers with QVC aware that should you experience any financial difficulties during your time as a member. QVC will not assist you in any way. A rental payment is being taken from myself next week which I will struggle to pay if QVC take a payment. I have offered to pay next Friday and this has been refused. I just want to make people aware as I would hate my situation to be experienced by others.

One saying QVC is not a charity. Others say can the poster get a small overdraft to cover it?

Oh, and the survey and the Beauty Box which is £99 but do the survey and you might get it for £20 is popping up. Posters saying they have heard nothing about the special price offer email. QVC saying they should be out tomorrow.

Wow, that's interesting that someone thinks QVC should give them more time to pay if they overspend! Try going to your bank if you can't pay your mortgage or your loan and see what they say - zero sympathy. Can't pay your car loan? They'll take it back. I suppose with QVC you could check all your dates of return and send back anything within the 30 days.

CC

No official reply to Pat's query.

Now this one from a customer and a mixed sympathy from replies.

I would like to make customers with QVC aware that should you experience any financial difficulties during your time as a member. QVC will not assist you in any way. A rental payment is being taken from myself next week which I will struggle to pay if QVC take a payment. I have offered to pay next Friday and this has been refused. I just want to make people aware as I would hate my situation to be experienced by others.

One saying QVC is not a charity. Others say can the poster get a small overdraft to cover it?

Oh, and the survey and the Beauty Box which is £99 but do the survey and you might get it for £20 is popping up. Posters saying they have heard nothing about the special price offer email. QVC saying they should be out tomorrow.

Facing financial difficulties is an awful situation for anyone, however, I looked at her occupation & she's the last person who should get in a tangle like this. Judgemental, moi?

I think I would err on the side of QVC in the case of the payments. They are already not charging interest, which you will get charged if you slap it on a credit card.

If you are not able to organise your funds to meet a monthly EP, and cannot afford to pay for it up front, then you can't afford it... don't buy it. It's not QVC's job to manage your finances for you. It's particularly not their job when they have set the EP limit to stay outside any of any financial conduct regulations governing being a finance company.

So I think the warning really is to the customer to think very hard about whether they can afford to buy the item on any terms at all.

Many of those who post on the Q's fb page are like my husband when he's looking something that doesn't appear within seconds. As per the woman who questioned why there wasn't an instruction leaflet with the Perfect Formula TSV, two responses later & she returns with the amazing news that there are instructions on the back of the bottle so she'll be ok.

Back in the days when I foolishly used to answer questions posted on QVC website, I used to wonder whether any of them had ever even tried to find out information that was quickly and easily available on the brands' websites! Sometimes the information wasn't available in public sites, but very rarely.

There are plenty who are competent to post a question on facebook or twitter, but completely unable to navigate an internet search engine! Words fail me.

Facing financial difficulties is an awful situation for anyone, however, I looked at her occupation & she's the last person who should get in a tangle like this. Judgemental, moi?

She could have been fibbing, or maybe made redundant?

Many of those who post on the Q's fb page are like my husband when he's looking something that doesn't appear within seconds. As per the woman who questioned why there wasn't an instruction leaflet with the Perfect Formula TSV, two responses later & she returns with the amazing news that there are instructions on the back of the bottle so she'll be ok.

Mr B is the same. I frequently have to tell him that the 'doo-dah'/insert other/ he is looking for is not going to be in a drawer/wherever shouting 'here I am, you-hooooo, coo-eey etc'

Latest posts

Back