Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Okay, for years on this forum we have known when TSVs are happening and now the information is more widely available online.

I remember a TSV coming up and not sure if it was on easy pay? I actually put the money away for it paying one go just in case a few weeks before it came up knowing when it did I would be mid-month and waiting for payday. Also some years back QVC did not take my debit card so I could not get easy pay. Easy pay, I always marked on the wall calendar when due to come out the amount and when the last one due to come out. Okay, I only ever had one at a time but still did it.

Easy pay is a curse as people expect it now and just buy buy buy and QVC, of course, love that. But people can land themselves in so much sh*t as they all add up. Oh, that is only £19+ no problem then Oh that is only £19+ before you know it nearly £40 a month to pay.

Okay, for years on this forum we have known when TSVs are happening and now the information is more widely available online.

I remember a TSV coming up and not sure if it was on easy pay? I actually put the money away for it paying one go just in case a few weeks before it came up knowing when it did I would be mid-month and waiting for payday. Also some years back QVC did not take my debit card so I could not get easy pay. Easy pay, I always marked on the wall calendar when due to come out the amount and when the last one due to come out. Okay, I only ever had one at a time but still did it.

Easy pay is a curse as people expect it now and just buy buy buy and QVC, of course, love that. But people can land themselves in so much sh*t as they all add up. Oh, that is only £19+ no problem then Oh that is only £19+ before you know it nearly £40 a month to pay.

I agree Donna, and when next months £40 is due they always see something else that month so easy pay can then double to £80. I’d put money on the fact that when some people panic buy and buy four on easy pay, they’ll always be left with three a year later.

Yes, a couple of months ago I think I had about £70 come out the bank for easy pays. Wake up time as I can't really afford it. Buying things on advanced orders as well is a bit of a no no as they all usually arrive in the same week.

CC

Reading between the lines of this woman's post the EZP was arranged first & wouldn't have been a few £s for an item of clothing. Using the word rental automatically makes me think that someone's paying for where they live but there are many different things people rent, not all of them are essentials.

I've had a credit card for 5 years but have never used it. I also don't commit myself to EP on QVC, even when it's a more expensive item. My mantra has always been "if I can't afford to get it in one lump sum, then I won't buy it." But I certainly wouldn't berate QVC if I overspent and went into the red. It's the customer's responsibility if they overspend, not the company's.

I arrived home from holiday this morning so I`ve been catching up on posts and shaking my head at some people. I know it isn`t up to me nor anybody else how people spend their money but what on Earth is so desperate from QVC to get into debt for and possibly miss being able to pay something important such as your rent or utility bills?
Face creams? Clothes? Shoes? Toiletries ? Makeup ? etc etc etc. All of which we can manage without until we know we can afford them without risking our financial security or all of which can be bought much cheaper elsewhere. My holiday toiletry bag consisted of cheap and cheerful items bought from the likes of Home Bargains, Bodycare or the Body shop and most of my clothing from Matalan, Bon Marche, Peacocks or Roman and all bought in sales or with discount codes. More expensive clothes in my suitcase or overpriced toiletries in my bathroom wouldn`t have made my holiday more enjoyable no more than my cheaper brands made it any the less enjoyable.
Of course I`ve used credit in my life but at important times such as my washing machine breaking down or expensive unexpected house repairs etc etc but I just can`t get my head around using credit for stockpiling stuff which qvc sells or for the sake of having an X or Y brand item of clothing. Just my opinion and as I said at the start, its nowt to do with me what folks buy but don`t come looking for sympathy when it all goes pear shape.

'Sorry Qvc But You Really Have Outdone Yourselves Today!!
TSV=Totally Un Christmassy
Andy Peters Food Show= Andy Peters Just Eating And Talking With Mouthful!!

Other Presenters Have Been Great But Very Very Little Christmas Products
Nothing New This Year!!!
Not Many Really Mentioning Christmas In July More About Oh Just Summer Sale Or Beauty Weekend

Whereas Qvc USA Have Done An Amazing Christmas In July, Products Are Amazing Too'.

Well done her, I wonder if she's expecting a response from the social media team. I've just had a look at the US site & the day so far has been stuffed with the sort of things you would see in a Hallmark Christmas film. I did laugh though because they were also selling Poo Pourri.

I was out most of today so haven't seen much of the Christmas but I looked at all the preview stuff and it was all same old, same old. I used to sit in and watch CiJ every year without fail and buy tat whilst having a sneaky glass or two of fizz and some fondant fancies - during the day as well!!!! Not today though, we went out and had a lovely picnic under a shady tree instead and I never thought about peacock tree decorations or Andi Peters even for a fleeting second. The Range and B&M have much nicer things much cheaper anyway.

CC

Had a look at the recently on air items part of the website and 99% is the same as every other time they’re flogging over priced food. Why not just repeat the last shows and stop wasting everyone’s time.

Stopped watching the food shows as well as every time it is the Brownie woman, the salmon man, pie man, expensive beer/gin, meringues, chocolate creams, biscuit lady with her tins, blah blah blah. I do like the German man they have on from time to time but I always slightly think the presenters are taking the pee, although he doesn't seem to mind. I also like the cheese girl they have on, doesn't take any carp, just gets on with selling the product.

CC

There have been so many complaints about Andi Peters(yes the one who started his career in a cupboard with a hand puppet), being rude to guest presenters and stuffing his face with food.

Since the beginning of the week quite a few saying the products for Christmas in July boring mainly old stock nothing new and interesting. Oh and storage boxes for a TSV.

It is one of those days I avoid so no idea about the shows or products.

I remember when I first started watching QVC, I was really shocked by their Christmas In July event. I was underwhelmed by what they were offering.

QVC seem to have no ideas at all, no originality, no flair for making anything a really impactful event that everyone remembers to tune in for - that doesn't just apply to Christmas. Every recent innovation has simply been desperate. They need to understand that endlessly calling something an event doesn't actually make it one! Like their current summer surprises (which are nothing of the sort)... they are just serving new wine in old bottles.

Christmas in July has never been an event that I understood. The extended money-back guarantee doesn't apply, and it seems to always be a cue for them to bring out whatever didn't sell out in previous years.

I would have thought that if they stopped resting on their laurels and thought about Christmas from a customer's point of view, instead of the bigwigs' sales and revenue targets, they could come up with something appealing and relevant.

I won't be holding my breath for that miracle to happen!

QVC are serving old wine in old bottles. Their Christmas stuff has been lying around in their warehouse for 10 years or more and those of us (me) know it's crap they couldn't sell as we've seen it all before. They are relying on new customers that don't know the past.

I am going away again this Christmas and will not be buying anything (except maybe that little truck - I know but I like it) ho hum, ho hum.

CC

Okay, I buy my Xmas presents in the sales and get great deals usually in the Summer. The Molton Brown mini kits around £20 always go down really well, a friend has mobility problems in her arm and shoulder loves them, another loves for taking on weekends away or holidays.

But I ****** hate the US tend and QVC are not the only ones doing it of Christmas In July! I have no interest in shiny balls or flashing lights. Oh, and why not have it in June? It is the sixth month from Xmas and halfway through the year.

Reading between the lines of this woman's post the EZP was arranged first & wouldn't have been a few £s for an item of clothing. Using the word rental automatically makes me think that someone's paying for where they live but there are many different things people rent, not all of them are essentials.

Indeed - cars on HP - cos some just have to have a fancy/new one. Looks good but not necessary. For that reason, just cos someone has a nice newer number plate, doesn't mean they're well off. I bet 80% of these on the roads are HP.

Last edited:
I arrived home from holiday this morning so I`ve been catching up on posts and shaking my head at some people. I know it isn`t up to me nor anybody else how people spend their money but what on Earth is so desperate from QVC to get into debt for and possibly miss being able to pay something important such as your rent or utility bills?
Face creams? Clothes? Shoes? Toiletries ? Makeup ? etc etc etc. All of which we can manage without until we know we can afford them without risking our financial security or all of which can be bought much cheaper elsewhere. My holiday toiletry bag consisted of cheap and cheerful items bought from the likes of Home Bargains, Bodycare or the Body shop and most of my clothing from Matalan, Bon Marche, Peacocks or Roman and all bought in sales or with discount codes. More expensive clothes in my suitcase or overpriced toiletries in my bathroom wouldn`t have made my holiday more enjoyable no more than my cheaper brands made it any the less enjoyable.
Of course I`ve used credit in my life but at important times such as my washing machine breaking down or expensive unexpected house repairs etc etc but I just can`t get my head around using credit for stockpiling stuff which qvc sells or for the sake of having an X or Y brand item of clothing. Just my opinion and as I said at the start, its nowt to do with me what folks buy but don`t come looking for sympathy when it all goes pear shape.

:mysmilie_502::mysmilie_502::mysmilie_497::mysmilie_504:

Thank youuuuu. I'd love an Aunty/sister/other like you.

'Sorry Qvc But You Really Have Outdone Yourselves Today!!
TSV=Totally Un Christmassy
Andy Peters Food Show= Andy Peters Just Eating And Talking With Mouthful!!

Other Presenters Have Been Great But Very Very Little Christmas Products
Nothing New This Year!!!
Not Many Really Mentioning Christmas In July More About Oh Just Summer Sale Or Beauty Weekend

Whereas Qvc USA Have Done An Amazing Christmas In July, Products Are Amazing Too'.

Well done her, I wonder if she's expecting a response from the social media team. I've just had a look at the US site & the day so far has been stuffed with the sort of things you would see in a Hallmark Christmas film. I did laugh though because they were also selling Poo Pourri.

Poo pourri for when the sprouts kick in ..(or out!)

QVC are serving old wine in old bottles. Their Christmas stuff has been lying around in their warehouse for 10 years or more and those of us (me) know it's crap they couldn't sell as we've seen it all before. They are relying on new customers that don't know the past.

I am going away again this Christmas and will not be buying anything (except maybe that little truck - I know but I like it) ho hum, ho hum.

CC

Oooooh Candy! Where are you going? Who's going to give wee furry (the 4 legged one) his rubber chicken?

Latest posts

Back