Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oooooh Candy! Where are you going? Who's going to give wee furry (the 4 legged one) his rubber chicken?

I know I sound like I'm always on holiday lol. Not true. We rented a converted stable last year (sans animals) in a Derbyshire village and it was so lovely we've re-booked it for this Christmas as well. The dog can come with us as long as he doesn't go upstairs :mysmilie_17: (as if). I cover everything and hoover extensively. The cost of the rental is about the same as what we'd spend on rubbish at home so it's nice to get away as you actually go places instead of watching telly and eating non stop.

CC

I know I sound like I'm always on holiday lol. Not true. We rented a converted stable last year (sans animals) in a Derbyshire village and it was so lovely we've re-booked it for this Christmas as well. The dog can come with us as long as he doesn't go upstairs :mysmilie_17: (as if). I cover everything and hoover extensively. The cost of the rental is about the same as what we'd spend on rubbish at home so it's nice to get away as you actually go places instead of watching telly and eating non stop.

CC

Ooh, CC that sounds wonderful. We're spending Boxing Day travelling up to Blackpool for football in the afternoon & the panto in the evening - Oh yes we are.

Ooh, CC that sounds wonderful. We're spending Boxing Day travelling up to Blackpool for football in the afternoon & the panto in the evening - Oh yes we are.

Oh! I want to do that too, Blackpool is my favourite place of all time and I love football as well. Honestly!

CC

Oh! I want to do that too, Blackpool is my favourite place of all time and I love football as well. Honestly!

CC

Me and the husband had a weekend there for our honeymoon when we were 20, couldn’t afford much else, every year we go back for a night strolling along in the dark, bag of chips under the lights.......then jet off to warmer climes, but yes magical Blackpool, ain’t half expensive though. :mysmilie_17:

Many complaints about Ms Everton's behaviour during a Kipling hour this afternoon & someone commented that Lee had to shut her up in the tech show. I can't remember so many negative comments being shown before & apparently many others had been taken down because they didn't comply with the rules.

Apparently they are going to pass on the feedback. I won't believe that unless Chloe says that she's been told to 'rein it in' when she next presents a show.

And yet again, people are asking where Jill Franks is. Don't they read the previous posts and the replies, or is this FB's version of Groundhog Day? :thinking:

Chloe Everton is a complete PITA, I was ranting on about her when she was on the other day. Yack, yack, yack, leaping about like a frog on speed and making stupid comments followed by that stupid grin "oh aren't I super funny". No you're not you stupid c*w, just ****** shut up and do your job. She gets my goat.

CC

Chloe Everton is a complete PITA, I was ranting on about her when she was on the other day. Yack, yack, yack, leaping about like a frog on speed and making stupid comments followed by that stupid grin "oh aren't I super funny". No you're not you stupid c*w, just ****** shut up and do your job. She gets my goat.

CC

You put three animals in your post, made me laugh like a hyena.

CC

I agree, she’s all that and more. :mysmilie_3:

I think we are in an unfortunate phase at the moment... Chloe is on a lot, as is Debbie. Time to avoid QVC! I see either of them and I turn over to another channel... I take the precaution of going on mute before I switch to Q these days.

Charlie has been on quite frequently recently as well, which is a saving grace in my view.

CC

Every time I see Chloe she annoys me. Scruffy, rude, talks about herself. How she is still in a job is beyond me as she is just a scruffy mess and does not make me want to purchase what she is meant to be selling.

Presumably she is given free rein due to good sales figures when she’s presenting ? Goodness knows how although I suspect she has a faithful following who stay under the radar.

Charlie is my favourite presenter - so calm, respectful and readily gives out info and asks relevant questions of the guest.
Gilly Halliday too, does her homework and makes minimal & unobtrusive use of the dreaded iPad.

Other presenters would do well to take some lessons from them, including the veterans.

Presumably she is given free rein due to good sales figures when she’s presenting ? Goodness knows how although I suspect she has a faithful following who stay under the radar.

Charlie is my favourite presenter - so calm, respectful and readily gives out info and asks relevant questions of the guest.
Gilly Halliday too, does her homework and makes minimal & unobtrusive use of the dreaded iPad.

Other presenters would do well to take some lessons from them, including the veterans.

I don’t think she has high sales figures, I also think it’s hard to tell now with the internet, to be honest I don’t think presenters sway people either way to buy a product, you either want it or you don’t, you’re not going to buy just because a presenter loves it or their mums, best friends second cousin removed aunties cousin :mysmilie_17:

Every time I see Chloe she annoys me. Scruffy, rude, talks about herself. How she is still in a job is beyond me as she is just a scruffy mess and does not make me want to purchase what she is meant to be selling.

Don't forget preening in the monitors - she was on with the tech guy (can't remember his name - Lee something maybe?) for the Amazon Fire yesterday. Camera switched from him to her and she was caught admiring herself. She then started overcompensating with the yeah, yeah's instead of answering him.

I wasn't very quick yesterday. My finger is normally hovering over either the mute or fast forward buttons whenever I put Q on these days. I get annoyed with myself if I'm caught out having to listen to most of the presenter's shite.

CC

Damn, I wish I had the energy to get away. We haven't had a holiday since 2006 (I think!). The thought of packing and driving a while in the car kills me. Airport holidays are totally out. I'm having my arm twisted to go on a cruise but the travelling to Southampton is going to be a major hurdle.

Friends rented a cottage a few weeks ago, had a wonderful time. Didn't cost them a lot as they went midweek. Staycations are appealing but OH doesn't want to go anywhere close-ish to home. Sigh.

When i watched regularly, I would try my best not order stuff I wanted when some presenters were on air.

The problem is, no matter who the presenter is QVC will have people buying. This is all they care about so presenters will be there for life if they chose. Now not talking about the models who disappear but the presenters any who have left did so themselves.

Each year they negotiate their contracts and if happy just sign on the dotted line. Only Debbie Greenwood did not like what was on offer and let everyone on Twitter know about it. She bitched a lot about QVC and you just knew it was to do with money. Hey, whatever happened to her? Tumbleweed blowing down the shopping channels. Appeared once or twice on another channel then nothing.

I don't order anything that little Hoover man with the glasses is selling - aaarrrgghhhh, I just want to flush him down the toilet. But there's worse - that Scottish bloke that comes on with the fans and calls everyone "Darlin'" Get rid of him please.

CC

Latest posts

Back