Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The problem is, no matter who the presenter is QVC will have people buying. This is all they care about so presenters will be there for life if they chose. Now not talking about the models who disappear but the presenters any who have left did so themselves.

Each year they negotiate their contracts and if happy just sign on the dotted line. Only Debbie Greenwood did not like what was on offer and let everyone on Twitter know about it. She bitched a lot about QVC and you just knew it was to do with money. Hey, whatever happened to her? Tumbleweed blowing down the shopping channels. Appeared once or twice on another channel then nothing.

What about Jules...... :mysmilie_476::mysmilie_468::mysmilie_478:

Julian pops up on IW now and again and I'm sure I saw him on another shopping type channel. Hope he's doing all right, I liked him.

CC

Yes, he and Debbie started an online shopping channel that collapsed with a lot of very unhappy people not getting orders or their money. Seems Jules has this happened before people losing their money.

I think Julian and Debbie fell victim to the "craft is the in thing" lie. Craft was the in thing but the ship had sailed. They should have spoken to Dawn Bibby who might have told them it was a one way trip to empty pockets. Whatever any of these people are doing now I wish them well. We all have to pay the bills and the tax man.

CC

Chloe Everton is a complete PITA, I was ranting on about her when she was on the other day. Yack, yack, yack, leaping about like a frog on speed and making stupid comments followed by that stupid grin "oh aren't I super funny". No you're not you stupid c*w, just ****** shut up and do your job. She gets my goat.

CC

I can't stand her & decided to send yet another email complaining about the poor service from the sales staff at the Q. Here's the response:

'Thank you for contacting QVC.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had to make numerous complaints regarding our presenters.

We are truly sorry for any upset and disappointment caused.

I can assure you your previous complaints have been noted and feedback has been given to improve the standard of our shows and for our presenters to work with.

I wanted to let you know we do appreciate you taking your time to email us your feedback, all feedback is always welcome and we do also value you as a customer.

Your comments regarding Chloe Everton on the Sunday 28th July Kipling show has been passed to the relevant department.

If we can help with anything else please get back in touch with the team'.

I wonder if anything will change.

In most cases, the guests are more than capable of doing the show without the presenters.

Just the other day, doing the bone conducting headphones, James Murden(sp) had to present solo for a minute or so while Charlie got his studio earpiece sorted out... he was absolutely fine. Many a beauty presenter has had to continue while Ali Young has had a giggling fit... I would even say the likes of Vonda or Abby Horne would manage better without Chloe's presenting "skills", and they are far from my cup of tea.

Twilight - It's still worth expressing your displeasure, even if only for the satisfaction of venting... and maybe, like water dripping on stone, you will prevail eventually!

I don't order anything that little Hoover man with the glasses is selling - aaarrrgghhhh, I just want to flush him down the toilet. But there's worse - that Scottish bloke that comes on with the fans and calls everyone "Darlin'" Get rid of him please.

CC

Kenny the Kilt ? Phil Parker (Phil the Dust canister) ? Both remind me of the demonstrators at the Ideal Home Exhibition in the 1960’s and 70’s when I’d go with Mum. They demo’d stuff such as the lettuce spinner, posh potato peeler, the newly-invented superglue etc !

Kenny the Kilt ? Phil Parker (Phil the Dust canister) ? Both remind me of the demonstrators at the Ideal Home Exhibition in the 1960’s and 70’s when I’d go with Mum. They demo’d stuff such as the lettuce spinner, posh potato peeler, the newly-invented superglue etc !

I'm positive a number of the guests are actually product demonstrators who go to shows and stores.

I've seen the lady from QVC who does the Morphy Richards Irons demoing at Brent Cross in the past.

I've seen someone else, a male guest on QVC, doing a kitchen item in Westfield shopping centre.

I'm positive a number of the guests are actually product demonstrators who go to shows and stores.

I've seen the lady from QVC who does the Morphy Richards Irons demoing at Brent Cross in the past.

I've seen someone else, a male guest on QVC, doing a kitchen item in Westfield shopping centre.

You’ve reminded me that I saw Malcolm of Lock & Lock fame doing a demo in a store in Chelmsford a few years ago. I suppose these people are “travelling salespeople”. Hard & lonely way to make a living.

You’ve reminded me that I saw Malcolm of Lock & Lock fame doing a demo in a store in Chelmsford a few years ago. I suppose these people are “travelling salespeople”. Hard & lonely way to make a living.

When you read older novels, and you read about commercial travellers, it must have been a very hard job to do. Back before people had cars and phones and were taking public transport everywhere. Lugging around clothes to look smart for your clients, and your case full of samples.

There was a tv advert for a mandoline slicer that was obviously filmed at a home show. The man who did the demo was slick but quite dour, however, I loved his line as he attacked various citrus fruits: "One orange, twenty kids ****** marvellous", unfortunately so did our three year old :mysmilie_17:

Yes, that's them. I too went to the IH exhibition in the 70's with my mum, it was fascinating. I think it might have been in Manchester but maybe we went to London. I got one of those lettuce spinner things as a wedding present :mysmilie_11:

CC

Oh, Alexis is getting for blocking and deleting posts from people asking if there is SLS in the upcoming TSV.

Seems she did the same thing when L'Occitane lost their bunny logo and started selling in China. People asking questions got blocked and posts deleted by her.

Does some poor Stan want to know about AY's black dress? Of course, QVC does not sell it. I did catch it on the 8 pm show and it looked like a shapeless black tent on her and did nothing for her.

Another complaining at how low QVC has gone with the mouth nobody Rylan selling crap on the channel.

Yes I saw him there too in the Coop department store.

I was under the impression that Phil Parker was demonstrator too! I think alot of the household goods guests were as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Alexis is getting for blocking and deleting posts from people asking if there is SLS in the upcoming TSV.

Seems she did the same thing when L'Occitane lost their bunny logo and started selling in China. People asking questions got blocked and posts deleted by her.

Does some poor Stan want to know about AY's black dress? Of course, QVC does not sell it. I did catch it on the 8 pm show and it looked like a shapeless black tent on her and did nothing for her.

Another complaining at how low QVC has gone with the mouth nobody Rylan selling crap on the channel.

The post about Rylan made me laugh, it would have been more effective if it had been written in the style of 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells'.

I'd never heard of Rylan before he appeared on QVC (my mum told me all about him!!) but he seems OK. His candles are ridiculously expensive though even if they do smell nice (not that I've tried them).

Alison Young wears some really awful clothes but maybe her body has gone a bit wayward and she doesn't want to highlight it so wears those tents. She used to be really slim (weren't we all) and wore those fitted trouser suits back in the old days.

Don't get me started on that Alexis woman :mysmilie_51: She makes me reach for the Glenlivet and it's far too early for that.

CC

I'm quite shocked if Alexis is blocking people and deleting posts for asking questions about product ingredients. Is this on her own social media accounts? I think she should explain/justify her actions!

Another complaining at how low QVC has gone with the mouth nobody Rylan selling crap on the channel.<<

:mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back