Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would say very few people can gauge the weight of meat, you basically point at the size which looks right and the butcher tells you the price. I think that is why customers are surprised wen they get a glorified rasher for a gammon joint or a steak for a beef joint.

'How do you apply to become a Presenter/seller/Actor/Professional on QVC.....it would be my dream job.......' He was advised to send them his CV. I know that I'm horrible but at the end of a difficult fortnight this really made me laugh.

He could run to Harrods with his C V because Chuntley has just said Q is like a top end department store. Yeah right!

She has said she got “my other half” his present from Q so couldn’t say what it was. Hell I’ll bet he can’t wait for 25th

'How do you apply to become a Presenter/seller/Actor/Professional on QVC.....it would be my dream job.......' He was advised to send them his CV. I know that I'm horrible but at the end of a difficult fortnight this really made me laugh.

The main thing QVC hire ‘em fire ‘ems will be looking for is he must have failed in the entertainment industry and use QVC as the very last resort, on the plus side his lack of talent will get him a lot of free stuff, so not all bad then eh?

I would say very few people can gauge the weight of meat, you basically point at the size which looks right and the butcher tells you the price. I think that is why customers are surprised wen they get a glorified rasher for a gammon joint or a steak for a beef joint.

:lo7l::lo7l: I bought the meat parcels for years and I can tell you that the gammon joints were definitely not a rasher, in fact they were the biggest of the lot. To be fair there's only two of us and we used to cut them in half and have some at Christmas and then some at Easter, we're not huge eaters either. I read a review one year where a reviewer said her son would have eaten the gammon joint to himself . . . . . . :eek: Had he done that, my opinion is he was just plain greedy.

CC

He could run to Harrods with his C V because Chuntley has just said Q is like a top end department store. Yeah right!

She has said she got “my other half” his present from Q so couldn’t say what it was. Hell I’ll bet he can’t wait for 25th

“my other half”<<

Only thicko Chunts (who actually has maths disorder, of course) would not know that 1+1=2

She gets right on my tinselled tits.:Banane20:

The man who posts messages to 'the ladies' & uses lots of full stops is back. Message to Pipa & Alex, mine would be to shut up & stop being so obnoxious, & then this one:
'I. Think. Qvcuk is the best show on TV. I. Would like to wish Claire and millisa. And jane and maxien and Emma a. Merry Christmas and a happy New year'

I heard Chuntley say the other week her and her other half are on instagram as “the loved up vegans” I sincerely hope that was a joke, loved up she may be, vegan she most definitely ain’t. Why she has to utilise “vegan” in almost every sentence and try and milk it is anyone’s guess, if she’s looking for sponsorship she can forget it, not whilst standing next to Gatineau and praising them in leather shoes.

Chuntley runs her life as a series of projects. From getting and forever posting pics of 2 kittens, building her own home, loving everything Welsh especially Clogau, because she had a Welsh boyfriend. The various diets she's tried and yo-yo weight loss & gains, culminating in changing to a plant-based diet. But now we find out her Scottish boyfriend is vegan, so which was first ? Not to mention her friendship with the Yankee Candle dandy - are they still best buds since he went through a very sad patch ?

I'm looking forward to 2020's 'Must Do' list. (Sorry to sound spiteful, we all have interests dear to our hearts).

Having said all that, I envy her energy & enthusiasm for life.

Oh dear some annoyed customers who bought their pressies from Q only to find now cheaper on IW.

Chuntley runs her life as a series of projects. From getting and forever posting pics of 2 kittens, building her own home, loving everything Welsh especially Clogau, because she had a Welsh boyfriend. The various diets she's tried and yo-yo weight loss & gains, culminating in changing to a plant-based diet. But now we find out her Scottish boyfriend is vegan, so which was first ? Not to mention her friendship with the Yankee Candle dandy - are they still best buds since he went through a very sad patch ?

I'm looking forward to 2020's 'Must Do' list. (Sorry to sound spiteful, we all have interests dear to our hearts).

Having said all that, I envy her energy & enthusiasm for life.

I envy her hair......oh wait..... I could buy those too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard Chuntley say the other week her and her other half are on instagram as “the loved up vegans” I sincerely hope that was a joke, loved up she may be, vegan she most definitely ain’t. Why she has to utilise “vegan” in almost every sentence and try and milk it is anyone’s guess, if she’s looking for sponsorship she can forget it, not whilst standing next to Gatineau and praising them in leather shoes.

I wonder at the lack of self-awareness...!

Susie Adams has posted a guide for all those who'll have people staying with them over Christmas, I tried to copy & paste but it wouldn't work. She's given me a good laugh & to quote the late & naughty Nicky Henson "Pretentious, moi?".

Speaking of Chuntley and in reply to Eric's Mum, yes she does still see Steven from Yankee. On his insta he has pics of her visit to Cardiff a few days ago and their next trip is to New York very soon. Dont know if the vegan boyfriend is going too. I haven't been able to glean if Steven has a new job or is living off his Yankee sales proceeds. No sign of a return to Q, sadly, but he still posts YC pics so doesnt seem terribly anti the company. I know we dont have the full story, but if they opened up a store and I lost my own shop, I would be as angry as ****.

Susie Adams has posted a guide for all those who'll have people staying with them over Christmas, I tried to copy & paste but it wouldn't work. She's given me a good laugh & to quote the late & naughty Nicky Henson "Pretentious, moi?".

How ever would we manage without the likes of QVC and Snoozy Adams telling us how to look after our guests. :RpS_huh:

I have a read of the QVC US forums now and then, for some reason, I cannot seem to find their Facebook page keeps taking me to the UK one.

Anyway, there was a post on their website forum and it made me laugh and think of QVC UK Facebook.

The thread taking bets on how many this year will come on there or Facebook and say QVC ruined their Christmas?

So products not arriving or people ordering late and expecting QVC will deliver on time as they believe their last ordering dates.

A few said one or two. Others said 30 or 33!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back