Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The debacle on meat orders has started with two customers receiving products that have been in transit for too long. Result is thawed ice packs, wet boxes and the risk of re-freezing meat that might have started to thaw.

Whilst I understand that some people cannot get out to a supermarket, surely they realise that other online companies (Tesco, Asda, Waitrose etc etc) sell meat and will deliver it.

Or do some customers think that QVC is the only online store out there?

I wonder if these meat hampers were offered on easy pay? Otherwise I can’t understand them not ordering from a supermarket and getting their order delivered to their door with very few problems if any.

I'm just saying but I ordered meat hampers for years when the Buccleuch Estate was selling, then the other companies and they always arrived, were always frozen on arrival and the meat was lovely for Christmas and beyond. Never had any issues. I do sympathise with those that have had disasters. Tin hat firmly on.

CC

'Thank you so much for my lovely gift arrived this morning from my Qvc family. It has not been an easy year with my best friend,my husband dying in August. Your have been fantastic to me. I know I have had very low days and you have been there. It's was such a surprise. I think I buy almost everything but face makeup. Was eating pasties from the real pie company last night. Using my Amazon tablet at the moment. Clothes, shoes, handbags. My friends call me the walking Qvc lady. I did order this morning. Think that is it till after Christmas but you never know. Thank you again for putting a smile on my face and a lift in my heart. Have a lovely Christmas and will be with you again soon. Love to you all. God bless. xxxxxx'
There was a photo attached showing a bag of beauty products & she didn't explain who sent them - customer service staff or the tat peddlers. Either way it was a lovely thing to do & not at all QVC.

They had a prize draw to win a hamper and other things from QVC.

I think she might be the winner?

They announced a winner on their Facebook at the weekend I think sorry but I was not paying attention.

Ye Gods! Two people asking about last day QVC will ship in time for Christmas!!!!! They have no chance.

Another asking has she missed the Babyliss TSV? Yes it was two days ago.:redface:

Big kick off because there is a “festive find” of 10% off today and folk bought all their goodies yesterday. Saying they should have had prior notice and they would have held off.

Annoying but I think we have all been there, big difference with the DHS you could leave it back and rebuy at the lower price. With Q the postage would negate any savings.

Also lots of posts on difference between “aim” and “guaranteed” Christmas delivery.

Another post today because someone hasn’t received their meat hamper. QVC have said that they will refund her ..... as a gesture of goodwill. :roll5eyes:

How VERY generous of them! :faint:

There is a number of people not receiving theirs going by the posts yesterday, then the ones who got a defrosted parcel.

It's going to keep happening year after year until people STOP buying their Christmas meat packages from QVC. I get the appeal of easy pays, but the affordability could be addressed in a different way with a Christmas club or buying gift cards or vouchers during the year, surely?

This was a TSV in October, it wasn't on EZP & was well over £80. As I wrote a few days ago it's a risk buying your main course online from a company that doesn't have a proven track record with the selling agent.

Back in the days when we had more meat-eaters in the family I had a few orders from online butchers Donald Russell with never a problem. They have worked out how to manage online meat orders with deliveries arriving still frozen so why don't the firms QVC works with follow their model?

And even more posts of people not getting their meat hampers and it seems the supplier is now closed until after Xmas!

One said they ordered every year for 10 years but never again. The after-sales if things go wrong was awful.

Another person asking about a Laura Geller TSV before Xmas? This question has now turned into the Birkenstocks when is the next show's question of 2019, I swear it has been asked nearly every few days these past few weeks.

Another asking about Flora Mare shows. Some weeks back someone asked about the lack of stock online? QVC replied they had no future plans to stock the brand. So straight from the horse's mouth. Someone did reply to the question saying QVC said they are no longer stocking the brand.

My tip keeps an eye on your local TKMaxx. Quite a bit of brand from QVC does turn up there Judith Williams full-size moisturisers at £8 etc. Even IW Elizabeth Grant brand turns up cheap there.

local butchers or if budget is an issue Iceland or the high street supermarkets no need to go hungry over Christmas people are just falling for the QVC hype

Just imagine all the boxes of thawed out meat that are now festering somewhere because they haven’t been delivered. :ee5k:

I wonder if any presenters who ordered the meat (if their proclamations are to be believed) have been let down? Probably not because I’ve no doubt they get preferential treatment over the humble customer.

Someone ordered a gift box of 3 cheese selection plus a screwdriver in a gift box.

A battered box arrived which they thought must be the screwdriver, no it was a gift box of 3 pairs of socks which is supposed to be the cheese!

I just hope they aren't cheesy socks. :ton7gue:

But shouldn't the cheese come direct from the company?

I have ordered Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Oil Blemish Stick Trio ... I could well get the Three Cheeses.:biggrin::wink:

The s m team x must have been delighted to receive the following message, even though it doesn't balance out the moans:

'Thank you ALL for your excellent service, your patience and your friendliness not to mention your fabulous range of products. A special thank you to your "order" team They are fantastic!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAY'

It was posted at 2am so she may be on her own & the Q keeps her company. On the other hand she could have been very merry or just a groupie of the highest order.

Latest posts

Back