Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went for a haircut the other day and was chatting to someone and she`d ordered a single set of Cozee home bedding for one of her grandkids. When it arrived she wasn`t happy with the packaging which looked tattered so she opened it to check the bedding and found the duvet cover had long white cat or dog hairs all over it. Totally gross !
She rang CS who said they`d send out a label but they had no more of the size and colour in stock.

The Q really needs to up its game. I found a pair of boots in the Clarks sale, put them into the basket then took a phone call; during the call a message appeared on screen stating the boots were out of stock in the warehouse but would be sent from a store meaning a delay of three days. Two hours later I received a despatch email with delivery date 27th December - flipping marvellous. Please note QVC that's the level of service you should be delivering.

I ordered something from the US, which shipped last Thursday with a delivery date of the 24th to me. No way I thought! Followed tracking from there to UK two days and went through customs and arrived on the 23rd with me!

If it had been QVC no doubt still sitting in process today.

I went for a haircut the other day and was chatting to someone and she`d ordered a single set of Cozee home bedding for one of her grandkids. When it arrived she wasn`t happy with the packaging which looked tattered so she opened it to check the bedding and found the duvet cover had long white cat or dog hairs all over it. Totally gross !
She rang CS who said they`d send out a label but they had no more of the size and colour in stock.

Someone should alert Chuntley Mrs QVC herself, who thinks the high street stores allow their clothes to be kicked around the floor then put back on the rail. Even if they did (which they don’t) you can see what you’re buying unlike QVC who try to pass the returns off as new. If QVC was a stick of rock it would have “deceitful” running right the way through it.

People still sitting in expecting Christmas gifts to be delivered today. Why on earth would anyone who has had previous experience with O’s pathetic deliveries even in normal times use them for something needed for a specific date.

Purchased off EBay Saturday night wasn’t expecting until after the holidays but has just arrived by RM. when it comes down to it the problems all stem with Q and not always with RM/couriers. As an AB poster said the RM return deliveries all get put in a big cage awaiting processing as and when.

I had a parcel sent out by Simply Supplements on December 13 and have not received it yet! That was ordinary RM. You have to allow eight days to report it as missing so that will be on Friday 27th. What an idiot to order ahead of a weekend ahead of Christmas!

To be fair to QVC - ordered a Grace top in the sale with 15% off on Saturday, was shipped on the 22nd and received today before 12 noon. Delivered by Royal Mail.

So it can be done. Sorry to all those not so lucky.

I ordered two things from Ideal World on Friday and got them Saturday, they used a modern technique that QVC haven’t yet evolved to and it’s called “next day delivery” and it was free post too.

Well, the complaints are kicking in. The "But QVC said it would be delivered before Christmas!" One outraged person blaming RM but it has been pointed out no doubt QVC pay cheap rates and that is what RM service will be. Someone did not get the special popcorn, another expensive jewellery they returned as too big and another sent out.

I know I ordered a new keyboard for my laptop on eBay it was sent 48-hour delivery which is 2nd class really. I bought it and shipped on Wednesday through tracking showed it was not actually with RM until the Thursday and it came on Monday. For 2nd class at this time of year, I thought it was excellent.

I have a hard rule. If it's not ordered by November, don't rely on it for Christmas. Www.her I rely on real shops on the DHS to fulfil what I need. If I order in December, I don't expect it in time for Christmas. It removes a lot of stress and anxiety from Christmas preparation, I find.

I had QVC on in the background and heard Pipa mention the road man style, when talking about a "bum bag" that was being modelled. Apparently it's a teenager, usually male, who wears matching tracksuit trousers and top but don't know what he does with a bum bag. I don't know what else was said, because I switched my brain off at that point.

Edit: I've just Googled it. (And switched my brain off again, lol)

https://www.grailed.com/drycleanonly/roadman-style

I’ve led a very sheltered life!

The original post was exactly as I posted (why do people just post random words) and she has now explained what it means.

I’ve led a very sheltered life!

The original post was exactly as I posted (why do people just post random words) and she has now explained what it means.

Because they think they are so cool. Reality morons.

Someone was posting yesterday how unfair it is to other brands that Elemis is featured all the time on QVC compared to say Liz Earle was mention.:Banane36: I think this might be the same person who also complained months back about the same thing. She must never look at the Beauty Channel as I when I flick over it is usually Elemis and Liz Earle. I do not count the Dyson. Someone did say it was no doubt because Elemis pay QVC the most money.

Pipa, lifestyle guru & fount of knowledge, acts as though she's the only one with teenagers, animals & a happy marriage. She makes my teeth hurt.

I was browsing through some comments earlier and someone wrote a complaint..l can't actually remember what is what about (helpfully!) but "A Regular Defender" of all things QVC robustly replied and finished by saying effectively that QVC will never change whilst complainers continue to shop there and said they were pathetic for so doing. Well to my amazement people absolutely piled in on her! I don't think I have ever seen that before.... Not criticism of the Defender.

Oh I don’t know, should imagine getting called “pathetic” for simply shopping and expecting good service would be enough to get anyone’s back up. On the other hand, personally I can’t see why anyone would continue to shop with a company who gives nothing but continuous slow, expensive, appallingly bad, archaic service. :cool:

Latest posts

Back