Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CC you've reduced me to tears of near hysterical laughter. I can vaguely remember a conversation between Joan Rivers (I miss her) & Dave Bradford about what to do to attract gay men, he was in his element. Lenny Feinberg also made a comment about flying a missing plane which was at the time the top news item was about the Malaysia Airlines flight that disappeared - tactless & tacky.

Is Dave Bradford gay?

He moved to IW channel and bought the Caribbean Jewellery Cleaner brilliant stuff now long gone. He did the Craft Channel as well. He also designed jewellery cannot remember if he sold it on QVC? He was always talking about going on holiday and by the hints knew he was gay back then. His choice of whether to come out openly or not back then.

He always had requests about were you could buy the ring he wore, if I remember rightly it was gold with an oblong or square shape to it with a little diamond in the top corner, this was years ago when searching wasn’t as easy as it is now, now we’ve got our good friend Google. :RpS_wub:

Is Dave Bradford gay?

I believe he is. Dave and Nigel May always referred to their partners as "Other Halves" which implied they were same sex.

More "did they say that?". A caller once called in to Lenny Feinberg and started banging on about how his trousers didn't give her a "camel toe". Lenny was clueless whilst Catherine Huntley neary died of embarrassment :RpS_biggrin: Talking of camel toes, who remembers that guest in the turquoise catsuit that made jaws drop all around the UK!!

CC

I believe he is. Dave and Nigel May always referred to their partners as "Other Halves" which implied they were same sex.

More "did they say that?". A caller once called in to Lenny Feinberg and started banging on about how his trousers didn't give her a "camel toe". Lenny was clueless whilst Catherine Huntley neary died of embarrassment :RpS_biggrin: Talking of camel toes, who remembers that guest in the turquoise catsuit that made jaws drop all around the UK!!

CC
I can't see her being embarrassed now, she'd probably say a double entendre & then go all giggly.

CC

You can now buy special panties that give you an artificial camel toe :)

Some speculation as to whether or not CE has announced a baby is on its way.

I know she isn’t liked but I could take a day of her in preference to a minute of Chuntley.

I remember one of the US clothing guests - might have been Ouida (Ronni Nicole) or Joanna Di Martini (Tiana B - brand now long gone) who was gushing about a piece of their marvellous polyester being perfect for affairs. The guest was mortified (so I'm leaning more towards Ouida than Joanna) when the presenter said it didn't have quite the same meaning in UK English!

There are so many minefields in English... it's attributed to George Bernard Shaw that the UK and US are two peoples divided by a common language!

Fanny in UK or US English as a familiar contraction of Frances has more or less disappeared.
Fanny Pack (US) = Bum Bag (UK) - both sound equally rude to the others' ears, I suspect.
Affair (US) = Function (UK) both have the same meaning about being unfaithful but we're less likely to use the more "innocent" meaning.
Pants (US) = Trousers (UK)... for an older generation, we also have Slacks (what my gran used to call trousers) and can't we see why that might have fallen out of use!
Underpants (US) = Pants or Knickers (UK)
Vest (US) = Waistcoat (UK)
Undershirt (US) = Vest (UK)
Purse (US) = Handbag (UK)
Pocketbook (US) = Purse (UK)

So many of the words are in the same ballpark, but far enough away to make the item unrecognisable without a picture (image coming soon, thank you QVC)!

I think that was Rob Locke? He's on Ideal World occasionally mimicking Orson Welles!
Good grief, I've just had a look at him, as you said he's Orson Welles to a T. He really used to drone on when he peddled tat on the Q; there was one occasion when he went into overdrive about the process of making a ring, it was obvious that he got told to get back on track because he said something about the customer needed to know.

'Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We can see that this has generated some interesting discussion this afternoon. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel so please be reassured we’ll pass this feedback on. Thanks, Jen x'
This is the response from one of the social media team to posts complaining about the rudeness shown by a tat peddler talking over the guests; two shows were mentioned, both presented by AY. Only QVC could describe this number of complaints as 'interesting discussion'.

'Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We can see that this has generated some interesting discussion this afternoon. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel so please be reassured we’ll pass this feedback on. Thanks, Jen x'
This is the response from one of the social media team to posts complaining about the rudeness shown by a tat peddler talking over the guests; two shows were mentioned, both presented by AY. Only QVC could describe this number of complaints as 'interesting discussion'.

I’ve seen a few posts complaining about AY and her telling a BA off for being gender specific

I’ve noticed AY has dropped the incessant “African Caribbean” for the equally as incessant “dual nationality” so that’s something else she’s picked up on that must be a politically correct term, don’t know how she has though because she has people going her social media for her, she doesn’t know how to use a computer (her words) what a lazy diva...........”for you”. :RpS_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back