Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve yet to watch a presentation by AK without hearing constant references to her granddaughter. After the first 100 mentions, it’s getting rather boring. I know she’s very proud of her, but I would rather hear about the products being aired.

I’ve yet to watch a presentation by AK without hearing constant references to her granddaughter. After the first 100 mentions, it’s getting rather boring. I know she’s very proud of her, but I would rather hear about the products being aired.

All the presenters and guests need to give it a rest with the personal anecdotes, IMO.

If you are going to a meeting, you have that sort of chit-chat either before the meeting takes place, or after the meeting takes place - but you don't start gassing about weddings, grandkids etc in the middle of the meeting!

If I'm in a shop trying on shoes, I don't expect the person assisting me to whip out their phone and show me photos of their family. They need to think of themselves (as they've touted before) as a shop we are visiting.

I know it's partly to alleviate the boredom of the repetitive sales spiels they all have to regurgitate, but it's extremely frustrating to wait in vain for measurements, and other relevant information about the product, while some lovely is telling us about holidays/weddings/kids/grandkids/home renos/diets/dating life/movies they've seen and all sorts of other stuff that is completely unconnected from the product on air.

And they can rid themselves of the notion that mentioning friends and family experiences in context of any products is helpful - it ALWAYS sounds phony and contrived.

And the photos on the iPad. Instant turn off. Doesn't she realise that normal people don't give a flying f... about her grandchild? And the few that do care are clearly not normal!

I'm not yet a grandmother so maybe I'll turn into a grandchild zombie one day but I cringe when out with my sister and she sees people she knows as she starts banging on about her grandkids. I can see them glazing over and edging away from her as she goes on and on about them. Thank goodness she doesn't have a smartphone or people would be subjected to photos, too!

Look I know the woman had overcome serious health issues but she is still rabbitting on about her ****** wedding which was yeeaarrs ago.

I totally agree about her kids and grand kids it is beyond a joke. Like your holidays no one else is interested.

If they gave FULL information then and only then perhaps a quick general word but otherwise shut up!

In a shop it’s nice to have a pleasant exchange when they are putting the stuff in the bag but not instead of actually serving you.

Talking about me, myself and I, did anyone else watch Lulu on the one show last night (29th)? Talk about me, me, me....I had to turn it off as she really got on my nerves, more so than normal:RpS_bored:

Sorry Liam I’ve changed it, meant to put dual “heritage” :RpS_biggrin:

I was watching something about Brexit and channel hopping on to QVC were she said it a few times while waiting for a film to download.........ooops. :RpS_blushing:

Dual heritage is right though :RpS_thumbsup:

I take it all back! Just watching her for the few minutes I channel hopped on QVC just now and yes she did say “dual nationality” so I’m not going mad, it’s just AY going mad because what she’s saying makes absolutely no sense!.........at all.

I take it all back! Just watching her for the few minutes I channel hopped on QVC just now and yes she did say “dual nationality” so I’m not going mad, it’s just AY going mad because what she’s saying makes absolutely no sense!.........at all.

It's okay, you're not going mad. I heard her on the same show as you did with your first post.

Thanks ae I really did start to doubt my hearing, thanks for letting me know lovely xxx

I taped the 7pm show and fast-forwarded it. I stopped twice and both times she said "dual nationality" (during the TSV and It lipstick stuff if anyone else is interested). My OH asked me what the hell the stupid gobby woman was on about :RpS_biggrin:.

I'm amazed no one has told her to sort herself out yet.

I taped the 7pm show and fast-forwarded it. I stopped twice and both times she said "dual nationality" (during the TSV and It lipstick stuff if anyone else is interested). My OH asked me what the hell the stupid gobby woman was on about :RpS_biggrin:.

I'm amazed no one has told her to sort herself out yet.

ae your husband/partner is very wise, she is very gobby and also after 26 years doesn’t know which camera to look at, mind you it’s Alison Young isn’t it, she could do a full moon to the camera and this would be deemed quite acceptable at QVC. :RpS_ohmy:

Don’t get me started on the “for you” at the end of every sentence even when it isn’t particularly “for you” so yes I agree, she should be told to have a word with herself but QVC would panic that their cash cow would walk out. Thanks again for putting my mind at rest about the “dual nationality” I couldn’t get my head around it as like I say regarding beauty, it makes no sense at all xxx

The following is appalling:
'Horrified to have received a full price but used Hobbs sweater - complete with dead skin cells, deodorant white marks, bobbles on the inside of the armpit areas and a musty smell. What do I do? Called customer service a few days ago but no response as yet'

ae your husband/partner is very wise, she is very gobby and also after 26 years doesn’t know which camera to look at, mind you it’s Alison Young isn’t it, she could do a full moon to the camera and this would be deemed quite acceptable at QVC. :RpS_ohmy:

Don’t get me started on the “for you” at the end of every sentence even when it isn’t particularly “for you” so yes I agree, she should be told to have a word with herself but QVC would panic that their cash cow would walk out. Thanks again for putting my mind at rest about the “dual nationality” I couldn’t get my head around it as like I say regarding beauty, it makes no sense at all xxx
Those two words are what it's all about Shopps, because the beauty brands are propping up the Q.

Those two words are what it's all about Shopps, because the beauty brands are propping up the Q.

Yeah that’s true lovely T, they have a whole channel dedicated to beauty yet bung it on the main channel too to increase beauty sales more, if it ever came the day they stopped selling beauty that’ll be it for QVC, game over.

Yet another post about someone receiving used/worn clothes instead of a new item. QVC deny this ever happens. Maybe they should start tallying the complaints and then get rid of staff in the returns department.

I saw the Hobbs jumper woman has it in her garage as she cannot even stand keeping in the house.

I remember some years back we found out the big sellers on QVC Beauty and Fashion 1 and 2.

Actually got a survey from QVC today about fashion green clothing(ethical), the prices £50+ for a top etc! A dress up to £200+! M&S do Fairtrade tops for £12!

This morning started out all new & promising, I've tried really hard to look for the good things in January, then I saw the article about a dog in China being barbecued ALIVE. That destroyed all my positivity & on top of that I saw this load of condescending twaddle from Jenni Falconer:

'2020 is the year for change! It could be something really small like setting your alarm a little earlier or spending some more quality time with your family. If you're looking for some more inspiration on how to do this, just head over to QVC where I‘ve shared some of my ideas. 😊
Go on, try something new, I know you won't regret it 😘'

Who does she think she is???

This morning started out all new & promising, I've tried really hard to look for the good things in January, then I saw the article about a dog in China being barbecued ALIVE. That destroyed all my positivity & on top of that I saw this load of condescending twaddle from Jenni Falconer:

'2020 is the year for change! It could be something really small like setting your alarm a little earlier or spending some more quality time with your family. If you're looking for some more inspiration on how to do this, just head over to QVC where I‘ve shared some of my ideas. ��
Go on, try something new, I know you won't regret it ��'

Barf. Barf.

'2020 is the year for change! It could be something really small like setting your alarm a little earlier or spending some more quality time with your family. If you're looking for some more inspiration on how to do this, just head over to QVC where I‘ve shared some of my ideas. ��
Go on, try something new, I know you won't regret it ��'

Never could stand the woman. All this holier than thou preaching gets on my chesticles.

Someone has just posted how disgusting it is that Carla is “touching” the models! I assume this was on the shapewear show.

Some people are easily upset - FGS wind your neck in missus.

Latest posts

Back